collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blank G3 Help  (Read 453 times)

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
Blank G3 Help
« on: March 03, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Last night I was cleaning my room and I found these two blank G3's that I bought from hasbro a few years ago.  I think I had a plan for them but they've just been sitting around for years.  Since my life will be over in August when I start law school, I think now would be a good time to figure out what to do with them.

I've come up with a bunch of my own original ponies over the years so I'm not concerned with coming up with ideas for them; I'm concerned about actually going forth with the customization.  I've only made maybe 3 customs in my life and they came out pretty messy.  Does anyone have any general tips and tricks to help get me started?  I would greatly appreciate it  ;)

:art: <- just thought this was necessary :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Blank G3 Help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
What materials were you planning on using?

Offline beagleluva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
I'm honestly not even sure what I'd need exactly :P  I know I'd need some acrylic paint for the body/cutie mark/eyes.  I'm not sure what I could use to dye the hair though or if I'd even need any other supplies.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »
You'll need a sealant to fix the work after its finished. Mod podge or Testors are kind of the standard. When you say messy what do you mean? The best advice I can give you is use many very thin coats for full body repaints, and very small brushes for cutie marks. Let the pony dry really well inbetween coats. Rit dye is the standard in dye I believe you can get it in a wide array of colors at most craft stores and fabric stores.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:54:49 AM »
What are you planning to do exactly. if we know then we know in what directions to point you. Otherwise you'd just get guesses in the dark advice. which there's nothing wrong with of course. you'd get the basics. but why not zero in on what you want.
or am I just rambling?

Offline beagleluva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »
You'll need a sealant to fix the work after its finished. Mod podge or Testors are kind of the standard. When you say messy what do you mean? The best advice I can give you is use many very thin coats for full body repaints, and very small brushes for cutie marks. Let the pony dry really well inbetween coats. Rit dye is the standard in dye I believe you can get it in a wide array of colors at most craft stores and fabric stores.

you're advice explains why mine have been messy in the past :P I only did one re-paint and you could see the brush strokes and it didn't look nice.  thanks :)

What are you planning to do exactly. if we know then we know in what directions to point you. Otherwise you'd just get guesses in the dark advice. which there's nothing wrong with of course. you'd get the basics. but why not zero in on what you want.
or am I just rambling?

that's very true!  I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to do now.  I think it would be kind of fun and timely to create a legally blonde pony since this will be sort of my art project before I start law school and I love that movie :P  I'll have to do some sketches and figure out exactly what I want her to look like.

Offline beagleluva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
*bump* :)

What do you guys think of the legally blonde pony?  I was also thinking of like a pink leopard print themed pony for the second one but the leopard spots may be way too much detail for my art skills :P

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »
Sounds like a cute idea!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal