collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Pony Con Help!  (Read 1111 times)

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
UK Pony Con Help!
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »
Can anyone tell me more about the UK pony con in nottingham on the 5 - 6 of october?

Do people buy & sell & swap there? Can you take your ponies to swap, or do you have to pay for a table to swap? What are prices like?

What else goes on there?

It falls on my birthday (6th) and its not too far so really hoping to go!

Do you have to pay to get in? is there parking?
Do you pay in advance or on the door?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: UK Pony Con Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
You can sell and swap there with anyone who wants to :) but if you want a stall to sell your ponies you have to pay ( I think it's about 15 quid for a stall but not 100% sure)

If you go to the uk ponycon forum there is all the info on there, there hasn't been an announcement made on here yet though.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »
Do people buy & sell & swap there? Can you take your ponies to swap, or do you have to pay for a table to swap? What are prices like?
I think you are allowed to take a small bag of ponies with you, but if you want to sell many you have to pay for a table. I don't know how much a table is.

What else goes on there?
Lots of fun things! When I went a couple of years ago there were auctions, lots of competitions (including raffles, crafts, customising etc.), tutorials, mr. and mrs., cosplay...
Keep a look out on the UK Ponycon Forum for what is planned this year.

Tickets will go on sale later on in the year so keep a look out on the UK Ponycon Forum (although I am sure they will come and announce it here also). If I remember rightly, Member's day is advance ticket's only, but for the main day you can either get a ticket in advance or pay on the door. I am sure the hotel it is at this year will have parking space.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:04:12 PM by moonflower »

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
Ive joined the pony con forum, just got to wait for my account activating... boo :(

How much is it to get in? and which day is open to everyone?

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »
Friday is member's day and Saturday is the main day.

I've found the price list for last year's Ponycon..

Last years (2011) prices are below:-
Spoiler
SATURDAY 22nd OCTOBER – MAIN DAY
* Adult Pass £10
- General admission

* Child Pass (4-12 years) £5
- (Children under 3 years – FREE)

* Stalls - £25
- Trade or Display (price includes admission for 1 adult on Saturday only) - Limited Number Available

FRIDAY 21st & SATURDAY 22nd OCTOBER – MEMBERS DAY & MAIN DAY

* Weekend Adult Pass £18
- Friday & Saturday Admission - Limited Number Available

* Weekend Child Pass £9
- Friday & Saturday Admission

*Weekend uplift ticket £5
- Available to stall holders only, allows entry on Friday 21st October
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:03:48 PM by moonflower »

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
Can anyone tell me more about the UK pony con in nottingham on the 5 - 6 of october?

What else goes on there?

It falls on my birthday (6th) and its not too far so really hoping to go!

Hi Englishgothgirl :-)

I am Treasurer for UK Ponycon this year so I can answer some of your questions:

UK Ponycon runs over 2 days, taking place this year on 5-6th (Fri-Sat) of October at the Novotel Hotel - Nottingham. The current format is that Friday is 'Members Day' which is a large ponymeet-type event for a limited number of attendees. This day is full of games, activities and comps and is a great way to meet friends old and new. There are no stalls on this day as it is not intended for mainly trading/selling.

The Saturday (Main Day) is open to the public, there will be many stallholders, raffles and exciting games and events taking place on the stage as well as other activities such as screenings and panels.

Yes, people sell and swap, but this is not the main purpose of the Members day so people are asked to keep trades/sales down to no more than a carrier bag with a few ponies in.
Sales and Trading certainly takes place on the Main Day. Stallholders set their own prices but many are usually up for a negotiation and there are good deals to be had. Stalls must be booked and paid for in advance from our ticket shop - we will put out an announcement when they are available.

Yes, there is a charge for attendance at Ponycon, to cover our costs and a donation to charity. Prices have not yet been released for this year and may change from previous prices. Tickets for the Main Day can be bought in advance from our Ticket shop (to be announced) or on the door but tickets to Members Day MUST be purchased in advance and are only available as a weekend package for both days - there are no tickets for Members Day only.

Parking availability depends on the venue, you can check out the hotel website or sign up to any of Ponycon's various communications channels to keep up with the latest news. We have a Facebook page and Twitter feed (UK Ponycon) and we also have a Forum and a Website. All can be found with a quick search on Google

Its always great to have new pepole at Ponycon, and what an awesome way to spend your birthday! We hope you can come along! :-)

Jem
UK Ponycon 2012 Treasurer
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Fantastic information Jem! I was hoping you would pop along to confirm everything :hug:

I cant wait for Pony Con this year its going to be great!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal