collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Destroyers  (Read 10778 times)

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Destroyers
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 02:46:11 AM »
Stores here had them in a bin in front of the cashier so thats smart. Even though I can't find any atm lol.

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 02:56:03 AM »
I too find it far more enjoyable to get what I want by random picks. That and you look like an idot or shoplifter fumbling around to check the numbers on the bags.
Sure I got plenty of doubles. But sometimes you get higher quality paintjobs and you can trade them pretty well too.

*hint*Got plenty of W3 ponies for trade*hint*

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
Haha, I have to agree with Opalescence.. whenever I tried to check out the bags more closely, I always had staff watching me like 'WTF is she doing there?' - Rather unpleasant. xD ..so I mostly just grab some bags and sell off the doubles. Or buy straight from ebay as soon as the demand for a certain wave is not as strong anymore and they sell for around the retail price. :B

But I never saw ripped open bags here ever.. no matter the store. :O And not all of them place them close to the counter (some do). But I guess they monitor them closely and have people pay what they ripped open? Or throw away the opened bags.. dunno.
No matter what, people who rip them open are just inconsiderate idiots imo. :C

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 04:25:00 AM »
Ugh that happened a few times when I was tracking down the Dollymix bags.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 05:07:55 AM »
Also, Dippendot, do you need me to look for a Roseluck tomorrow?  My walmart just got some bbs in so there should be at least one in there...

:blush:  That's very nice of you to offer.  I like hunting them down, but thank you!  :lovey:

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »
I hate it when I go to find a certain blind bag and all the bags are opened or have the pony stolen out!

Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20.
an 8 year old wouldn't buy the cards just to sell them for a profit on eBay, he'd obviously buy the cards for complete his collection, like we fellow mlp collectors do. And, an 8 year old is way too young to sell on eBay.

And, since when is it bad to check codes on packs of baseball cards that tell what's in the pack when we do it all the time with blind bags?
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
I haven't bought any blind bags yet (I rarely shop at Walmart and TRU was sold out) but I've run into this before and it drives me nuts - I've seen whole shipments of blind bagged toys ripped open and emptied with the toy part stolen.  I can't believe that some people are so inconsiderate - really, would it kill you to spend the money and actually *buy* the toy and be surprised?

(A similar pet peeve is when people steal toys and/or dvds/cds out of their cases from thrift stores - this happens *a lot* at the Savers I frequent and I find it incredibly frustrating.  If you don't have the $3 to spend, you probably shouldn't be shopping.  If you're doing it just because you can, then you're just really annoying me and everyone else.  Rant over.  :)  )
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »
Our walmart just restocked the W1 ponies :( They sell so fast that me personally I bought Roseluck then opened a whole bunch of bags and mainly got doubles *sigh* But thats ok :) Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

Much like myself I grabbed like 8 - 10 bling bags tonight just randomly. I dont care what I got. I can always resell them later :)

There's nothing wrong with wanting specific items. Just like what we do with blindbags. In fact, I'd say what you did was wrong, he probably wanted to complete a set.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »
Last Friday at a Wal-mart I discovered that these figurines are available in southern Maine. The box for them was empty (no empty bags either) and I cursed my bad timing. The next time I visit that Wal-mart, I hope I find several sealed bags instead of several empty bags waiting for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:29:51 PM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
what a bunch of lazy people!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
I've never seen this. But it sounds horrible! D: That's sure to generate some BAD KARMA!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »
I've found many of them open, though usually the pony is still inside. By that point, I'd already completed my wave 1 set, and was buying extras to make jewelry out of... so... I did peek at the opened ones. >_> But it is very annoying. :(  I've only seen stolen ones a couple of times. But then again, I work at a dollar store, and people steal like... half a pack of batteries or eat a few pieces of candy out of a package. *eyeroll* People never cease to amaze me.

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »
Same here- all stores, all gone! Bummer! :(

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
I think everyone is rather missing the problem here. It's not people like us ripping open the bags, its CHILDREN doing it. Children running amok in the stores without any parental supervision just ripping and tearing stuff open because 5 year olds don't understand the concept of personal property or lack of ownership. When I first saw the blind bags way back when at the JCPenney outlet, the ground was literally littered with empty bags. Kids can rip them open quickly, stuff the pony in their pocket and mommy is none the wiser. If anyone is to blame here, it's people not watching their kids and just dumping them in the toy aisle while they do their other shopping.

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
last time i bought me a couple at walmart i too saw some opened. there were no ponies, but there cards were loose in the box. so they were too cheap to buy them. there werent many in the box, but 2 were stolen. its so wrong. the only thing i could think of this happening is no one is watching their children and its the kids stealing the toys. unless some collector cant afford 2. i'd buy a lot of them if i could afford it, i just buy 2 every now and then.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal