collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90717 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #960 on: January 31, 2017, 04:49:04 AM »
My Go+ flashed yellow today for the first time ever and I made the mistake of pressing the button on reflex instead of manually catching it in the app, and the Pokemon ran away. My journal said it was an Abra, which I already have plenty of. I don't have Ditto yet, could it have been one?

Hmm . . . I don't think it was; if it were a Ditto, I'm pretty sure it would say that a Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, or Magikarp had run away, as these have been confirmed to be the only Pokemon you can get Ditto from. Maybe the game or Go+ is buggy and made your Go+ flash yellow even though you already had that Pokemon?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 02, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
All quiet on the western front . . . I wonder what Niantic's doing.

My favorite Vaporeon got kicked out of the gym she's been in since before Christmas. I guess that proves people are playing . . . ? I'm going to probably drive by the park and see if I can get her back in today. I'd wanted her back anyway to power her up.

Yesterday I had some crazy luck -- I found two Snorlaxes. The first I saw on my sightings at the Pokestop near my house -- it was at 833 CP or so, but a Snorlax is a Snorlax. Later, at a stoplight, I looked at my screen, casually noted the gyms around, and then suddenly did a double-take as a Snorlax was standing nonchalantly by the side of the road. I caught him, yay (safely -- not while driving!), and he's my most powerful (CP-wise) so far. So that was pretty cool! ^.^

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 02, 2017, 08:49:41 AM »
Yay!  A decent Snorlax is something I still need; I have one, but I caught it way back when I was level 7 or so, haha, so it's only level 295...

I plan on going to the bay area next month, so Ill finally be able to catch more water types and hopefully evolve my magicarp.

I still need one babu, Pichu, but Ive caught the rest, and Im around 20 candies feom evolving togapi!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:53:13 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »
I'd be happy for a Snorlax period. He's been evading me.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 02, 2017, 09:06:04 AM »
All quiet on the western front . . . I wonder what Niantic's doing.

I've been wondering the same thing...

I passed through the city yesterday on my way to a concert and managed to catch some good Pokemon. It's actually been a little while since I've played, so that was nice. Nothing new, though. Oh but I did level up to 28.

I still have a lot of eggs to hatch. I'm hoping some of them are baby Pokemon.

Congrats on the Snorlax, btw! I have two, one of them was hanging out in the parking lot of a local donut shop last summer. My friends and I were at my house, and I saw it pop up on one of the tracker sites (I miss thooooose) and we ran over to the place to catch it. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline lunar_scythe

• Gold Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 02, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
Ahaha, on my local pokemon go facebook group, someone is complaining because Instinct has been taking over the gyms... I just find it funny cause a few months ago the same person was posting jokes about how Instict was the 'worst' team ,and saying the team should just be disbanded, because they (we) never had gyms!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 02, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »
Ha! :lol:

Team Instinct was the butt of every joke last year, but I only ever see Instinct gyms around anymore. #TeamInstinctForever
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 02, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
There are two Instinct gyms on my way to/from work. I'm just waiting for a warmer day to go take them lol. Around work is almost always Mystic now.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 02, 2017, 07:45:43 PM »
I still need one babu, Pichu, but Ive caught the rest, and Im around 20 candies feom evolving togapi!
That's exciting! I want Togepi so bad -- I've hatched probably about 20 5k eggs, not even kidding, since the G2 babies were available, and none of them have been Togepi. Usually they're Goldeens or Nidorans. >_< My sister has one, though. I'll be super excited if I ever get one.

Ha! :lol:

Team Instinct was the butt of every joke last year, but I only ever see Instinct gyms around anymore. #TeamInstinctForever

There are two Instinct gyms on my way to/from work. I'm just waiting for a warmer day to go take them lol. Around work is almost always Mystic now.

:) The Instinct gyms that I see are usually really powerful high-level gyms. Around here, there aren't many, but there are usually lots of Mystic gyms, like you mentioned, Duenia. I sometimes wonder most players choose that team because of Articuno. Articuno is my favorite legendary bird, and blue's my favorite color, for that matter, but I had to go with Team Valor. My sister is on Mystic and always teasingly complains that I should have chosen her team. But I want to make my Pokémon powerful and pursue true strength . . . or something; whatever my gym leader said. XD (actually it had more to do with liking the name of the team, and fire Pokémon, and not wanting to calmly analyze situations or whatever the blue gym leader said.) I'll be a bit disappointed if and when legendary birds do come out you only get the bird associated with your team.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 03, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »
I think the two I'm looking at are levels 8 and 10? Might have to be done over the course of a couple days lol.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 03, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
Most of the people I know chose their team based on the legendary. I'm not the biggest fan of the birds, but Zapdos has always been cool to me both design wise and because it's an electric type.

All 6 gyms around me are Instinct, four are level 10, one is 7 and the other is 6.

The gym near my job is Mystic. I never see Valor anymore.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 03, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
I've heard so many varied reasons why people picked their team. Although for Mystic I hear a lot of blue's my favorite color, Articuno, and "seemed like it would be easiest".

I personally picked it because I felt like the mission of the gym is the one I most agree with. Although loving blue and Articuno certainly didn't hurt lol.

For instinct I hear a lot of "we're the fun group" or "I don't like to go with the flow".

I have yet to hear people's reasons for picking Valor other than "it's the best".

Offline lunar_scythe

• Gold Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 03, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »
I was so excitedthis morning, a Snorlax showed up in my sightings! I go out in the rain to look for it, haha, and I found it and caught it, but...visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*sigh* I think thats the smallest one I've ever seen anyone have, haha; usually they are in the 1000-3000CP range!

I used the candies to power uo my other one, its at all of 495 CP now.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #973 on: February 04, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
Snorlax :) nice catch Lunar.  I don't have one yet :P

I did hatch an Ekans on Friday which I'm pleased about.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 04, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
I found a small Seel nest! I think if I can make it there one more time I'll have enough candy for a Dewgong, yay! Generally Seels are super, super rare where I am (I guess because Florida is the enemy of any ice biome). Not sure if they're common elsewhere?

*sigh* I think thats the smallest one I've ever seen anyone have, haha; usually they are in the 1000-3000CP range!
^.^ Don't you just want to facepalm when you find a rare Pokémon with low CP! Talking about small, that reminds me: One of my Snorlax was "extra small" and it was pretty hilarious to have my gym leader say "Your Snorlax is so tiny, I almost didn't notice it!" when I had it appraised. :lol: I guess 5-foot, five-hundred-pound Snorlaxes are hard to see . . .

Snorlax :) nice catch Lunar.  I don't have one yet :P

I did hatch an Ekans on Friday which I'm pleased about.

Love pkw xxx
Glad you got your Ekans :) Maybe a Snorlax is in your future. I have this weird theory; maybe someone else can confirm -- if Snorlaxes spawn in your area, Dragonites don't? I've now caught more than one Snorlax and have seen their shadows on the radar before (before the sightings disappeared), but I've never seen so much as a hint of a Dragonite. Do you have a Dragonite or have you seen one, pinkkittywinks? I'm probably wrong with my theory (or at least I hope so).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal