collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90714 times)

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #810 on: November 23, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »
I have acquired one Ditto that was masquerading as a Rattata... Did they up the difficulty on catching those? I used far too many pokeballs...  :huh:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 23, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »
I caught a Ditto today! My was hiding as a Pidgey.

sailorstitch

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 23, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
I caught a Gyarados at the park today, and on the way back to my car caught a ratata that turned out to be a ditto! I was off, so I caught everything I could today, and got about 100k xp!

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #813 on: November 24, 2016, 04:57:56 AM »
I'm catching all the pidgeys and ratatas I come by but so far no Ditto. Soon out of balls :/

Rainbowrific Renia - Sorry about the Dragonite. He's very tricky to catch :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #814 on: November 24, 2016, 01:14:35 PM »
I'm low on balls, so I had to be picky about what I caught today.

No Ditto for me yet, but then again I'm in the UK.

I am enjoying the extra XP, stardust and candy ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 24, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
I'm slowly making progress, knocked Arbok, Raichu, Ditto, and Omastar off my list. Discovered a close Doduo spawn point I can reach that seems consistent (it's a nest in a golf course, which is closed for the season, so I can't legally take full advantage of it) so I'm hoping to get the last three I need tomorrow.

The snow and cold has really killed my interest though. I was hoping to complete the dex before winter, but I fell flat on that, oh well. I've changed my approach from one of each pokemon to just having a full dex to cut down the candies I need. So I guess I technically have Dragonite too, and am seven candies from Charizard. Machamp and Lickitung are my biggest hurdles right now.

Has anyone been finding that Abra has a higher flee rate than other Pokemon? Even when the ring is green, they break out of great balls, and run right away when I use a berry. I've had so many run away from me if I missed it first ball, I wonder if it's an intentional thing because of the whole teleport thing.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 24, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
Yay, glad more of you have found Ditto! Don't lose hope if you haven't. Yesterday I caught a sick amount of Pidgeys and Rattatas and not one was a Ditto. Today I desperately needed Pokeballs, having used up maybe 60 (!) yesterday, and went out in the afternoon when no one needed us for family/Thanksgiving stuff with my sister to some Pokestops; when I drove home the Rattata waiting for me in my driveway was a Ditto. :lol: My sister caught it, too, and also hatched a Shellder, which made her super happy as she loves that Pokémon. Tomorrow we plan to evolve our respective Vulpixes (another favorite) together into Ninetales.

Has anyone been finding that Abra has a higher flee rate than other Pokemon? Even when the ring is green, they break out of great balls, and run right away when I use a berry. I've had so many run away from me if I missed it first ball, I wonder if it's an intentional thing because of the whole teleport thing.
Funny thing is I feel like Pidgeys and starters flee from me more often, lol. But obviously I run into them more so that's not reliable. I think I have heard that Abras have a crazy high flee rate. 

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 27, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
Haruna- Congrats on finding Ditto and evolving Vulpix!

Oh geez, yes Pidgey's flee way too often it's not even funny. They also like to break out of Pokeballs too much for being commons.  :shocked: I really think Abras auto flee if you don't catch it first turn, or I'm jut REALLY unlucky.

So, I am down to six five Pokemon left. I just don't count Lickitung anymore. I saw one in my sightings the other day, and no matter what direction I went, it disappeared off my sightings so I could not for the life of me figure out what direction to go. After aimlessly walking around for ten or fifteen minutes, it completely de-spawned. I consider that close enough to finding it at this rate.

Otherwise, I'm three candy from Venusaur. Then just need 2 more Doduo (don't know if I can make it back to the spawn two more times before the nests rotate), 3 Kabuto, 3 Diglett, and 8 Machop to catch before I'm done. Having zero luck finding anything I need when I'm out though, and have only had one useful egg hatch (Bulbasaur) since Chansey. So I'm solely relying on buddy candy at this point.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 27, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »
I just don't count Lickitung anymore. I saw one in my sightings the other day, and no matter what direction I went, it disappeared off my sightings so I could not for the life of me figure out what direction to go. After aimlessly walking around for ten or fifteen minutes, it completely de-spawned. I consider that close enough to finding it at this rate.
The directionless tracker can be really annoying! It's so hard to use. Do you have the new tracker that shows Pokémon next to Pokestops? I don't yet but I'm dreading that update.

Here's my Ninetales. :blush: I'm in love with her! She might be the most beautiful Pokémon, if we make it a beauty contest. Dragonair is pretty close, though. Ninetales is not the strongest, but I'm planning to level her up even if she's not the best fighter. :P

The other day my sister and I went Pokestop-visiting near the library/post office/city hall where there are tons and we fought a few gyms. Just for fun I put my Ditto inside. My sister is actually on a different team and so we had her Ditto fight my Ditto. Struggle vs struggle looks so darn cute; they just wiggle wiggle wiggle. We were in stitches.

And randomly, at my favorite Pokémon-hunting park, we were just about to leave when a huge Aerodactyl spawned! Nothing like that had ever happened before. It was a struggle to catch it but I did. Here he is looming above us, lol.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:18:42 PM by Haruna »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 28, 2016, 03:15:54 AM »
No ditto for me yet! Trying to hunt as much as I can, but I am absolutely out of room in my pokemon storage, so every six pokemon I gotta send some away! ;) I mean, I COULD get rid of some of my Arcanine army, but I love them so...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 28, 2016, 05:41:15 AM »
No ditto for me yet! Trying to hunt as much as I can, but I am absolutely out of room in my pokemon storage, so every six pokemon I gotta send some away! ;) I mean, I COULD get rid of some of my Arcanine army, but I love them so...
I know what you mean! I even caved and bought some storage the other day and I'm still running out of room. I would keep an army of Arcanines, too :heart: As it is I have an army of Growlithes. I have a few other armies, too (Vulpixes and Eevees come to mind). This game is kind of bringing out the collector tendencies in me, lol

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #821 on: November 28, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
I'm about to give up on Ditto. I've caught a ridiculous amount of Pidgeys and Ratatas but no Ditto. I've done a mass-evolving twice with a lucky egg with all the birds and rats I had so I managed to raise 2 levels at least (lv26 now) I also finally got enough candy to evolve myself Venusaur and a Blastoise and I'll soon have my Charizard too. This morning I also got a Chansey from a 10km egg so it's not all bad.

Ninetails is beautiful! It would win a beauty contest for sure!
I have enough candy to evolve one but I'll try and find a better Vulpix before evolving.

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 29, 2016, 12:03:42 AM »
I just caught a Ditto! I'm so pleased!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 29, 2016, 05:29:52 AM »
Yeah so... I'm done trying to get a Ditto. I kid you not my Pokémon space was full of Pidgey and Rattata that I've caught in the past week. I was saving them up to evolve for XP (which I already did). It's super frustrating, especially when people are like "Getting a Ditto is SO EASY! Just catch everything you run into."

Yeah. Okay. It feels so condescending at this point.

Doesn't help that not being able to spin Pokestops while I'm a passenger means I have close to no Pokeballs to use, and it takes me about 5 Pokeballs -at least- to catch a low CP Pidgey anymore. For reference, there's one stop in my neighborhood and one at my job. I pass about 5 on any given day in the car, so I'm missing out on those.

Sorry for being a Negative Nancy, but...

:pout:

Something kinda funny, though. Niantic posted on Facebook asking people to share their stories of Ditto encounters and I was kinda glad that so many people share my frustrations. Most of the top comments were people getting tired of wasting so many Pokeballs on low CP Pokemon, plus the added frustration of not finding Ditto yet. I know these things take time, I just wish people would stop saying "it's so easy" like we're doing something wrong.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 29, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
Yeah so... I'm done trying to get a Ditto. I kid you not my Pokémon space was full of Pidgey and Rattata that I've caught in the past week. I was saving them up to evolve for XP (which I already did). It's super frustrating, especially when people are like "Getting a Ditto is SO EASY! Just catch everything you run into."

Yeah. Okay. It feels so condescending at this point.

Doesn't help that not being able to spin Pokestops while I'm a passenger means I have close to no Pokeballs to use, and it takes me about 5 Pokeballs -at least- to catch a low CP Pidgey anymore. For reference, there's one stop in my neighborhood and one at my job. I pass about 5 on any given day in the car, so I'm missing out on those.

Sorry for being a Negative Nancy, but...

:pout:

Something kinda funny, though. Niantic posted on Facebook asking people to share their stories of Ditto encounters and I was kinda glad that so many people share my frustrations. Most of the top comments were people getting tired of wasting so many Pokeballs on low CP Pokemon, plus the added frustration of not finding Ditto yet. I know these things take time, I just wish people would stop saying "it's so easy" like we're doing something wrong.

I feel you!! I don't have a lot of chances to get pokeballs either, and I'm catching just about every pidgey and rattata I see! I saw the tweet about "oh, how did YOU find Ditto?" and I'm like ... WHO HAS?! :yikes:

I'm happy for everyone who has, but maaaan, I want one! :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal