collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90717 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
Cubone is driving me nuts right now. They keep spawning just out of reach. And the one time one did spawn near me. It spawned right next to an Eevee while I was on the T. Aimed for Cubone but got Eevee.

I think I expressed my issues with Cubone here, once. Cubone is my favorite Pokemon ever... So that makes it even worse. >.<

A friend and I went out. We were sitting in the car right next to each other. He runs into a Cubone and catches it. The Cubone doesn't even appear as a silhouette for me. >.< I about cried. lol

Sunday morning at work one appeared, too. It was around time for my second break, so I could have caught it. But I decided to not even check Pokemon GO at that point and focus on studying for school. By the time I opened it up, the silhouette may have been there, but it was too late for me. Some of my coworkers (including one middle aged man who had picked up the game that night) knew where it was and had caught it, and I was left in the dust.  :cry: I ran the direction they told me, but I guess it expired because it disappeared for good.  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
I hope you find Cubone! Have you used pokevision.com? It only shows areas really close to wherever you place your marker, but you could do it in your downtime like around your house or wherever and if you see him on the radar he is REALLY there and you could run outside and get him. Just make sure you level up, maybe that's why you didn't see the previous Cubone?

I hatched one from an egg, I've never seen him in the wild though.

Also pokevision is up/down a lot as it's gaining popularity. But yes, it kind of shows you how Pokemon appear for only 15 minutes then despawn. You might have come across him in his last couple of minutes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:54:19 AM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
I second using Pokevision, it's a super helpful website!

I've seen people complain that people who use the site are cheating, and that it's against the ToS of Pokemon Go... but here's what I think: The game is broken right now, with the 3-footprint glitch still being a thing and that makes it really difficult to know which Pokemon are actually near you. Pokevision is just filling in that gap for us.

Post Merge: July 26, 2016, 12:03:56 PM

A student just walked in and saw that I had Pokemon Go open on my phone and told me how she's addicted. Turns out she's the one that has a lure going on right now in the building. Before she left, she said "I hope you catch them all!" Haha, I love just how awesome other Pokemon Go players have been.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:03:56 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »
This morning I noticed that the gym nearest me was yellow (most of the time it's blue) and only had a CP 495 Pidgeot. I went over there and my Snorlax beat that bird without hardly breaking a sweat. I reclaimed the gym for Team Mystic and left Snorlax there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIU9gKDBX-7/?taken-by=sailorstitch

Then after I got home a wild Snorlax showed up on my nearby Pokemon. Since the whole tracking thing is wonky I really didn't think I was going to find it. I stepped outside and there it was in the ally next to my house! Blocking the road!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIVAKbRBp4R/?taken-by=sailorstitch

I caught him and he's even stronger than the one I hatched.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIVAQdqhf9d/?taken-by=sailorstitch

Then during break at work I was checking my Pokemon to see if my first Snorlax was still at the gym. One of my coworkers passed by and practically screamed, "How'd you get TWO Snorlax!?!"

sailorstitch

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2016, 01:27:11 PM »
My friend was at a lower level than mine, so I guess it must have been a glitch that it didn't show up for me. >.<

Hm... Yeah, a little wary of using those websites... Just kind of feels like cheating to me. I won't judge anyone for it, though.

|My Collection|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
I went out for walks twice today! I must have walked about 5k in total.

All I caught was rats, sparrows and pigeons. The most exciting things of the day was a Horsea and that I got to level 10 :bigups:

I'm sooooo close to hatching one of my 10k eggs.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
I just downloaded it for DD. She chose bulbasaur and caught a mankey and pidgey in the backyard. After that nothing, zip, nada bloody pokemon to be seen. Wasnt a complete waste though, we found a pokestop at our local park 15 minutes walk and she got two eggs and three pokeballs.

I knew it was gonna be underwhelming, but I thought she might at least spot one more before we went home.

We have mankeys, pidgeys, pidgeots, pidgeottos, geodudes, gravelers, ponytas, muks, cubones and abras around our immediate area. Now if only we could see them.

Ah, well I told her we'd try around the mall and other populated areas. Perhaps she'll have better luck?

We live in a quiet, suburbanite desert neighborhood, so until october breaks we'll hafta either walk early in ths mornings or early in the evenings. i mean its almost 5:00 and still in the high 90s.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:50:35 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »
I hatched Onyx today finally. And two Pidgeys haha. I'm now at 99 caught. Whereeeeeeeee is Ponyta???

Also I already have Pikachu but I've only ever caught one and he was in my lab today and the game was frozen and by the time the servers came back up of course he was gone. Wahhh. :( Need Raichu. Has anyone seen Raichu in the wild?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »
Lol pokevision is startimg to not work for me XD it always loads me one page of Pokémon, then when I scan the area again its always down for maintenence. Maybe because my area is overwhelmingly full of Pokémon at the park. I used it yesterday night to capture me several jinx, a seadra, and lickitung while ot was working. Who cares if its cheating, I work 11 hour shifts for about 5-8 consecutive days and sleep is very vital to me. Pokevision has been helping me save my time for about a week now
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:07:46 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »
We had better luck this evening. We took a little stroll to walk her egg and there was a growlithe right outside our door and a pidgey in the yard! That was such a delightful surprise after our hot, disappointing test run. She also caught a paras, geodude, ekans and ratata during our walk. When we got home she caught a ratatata and exeggcute in the backyard and a cubone in the living room. It was so cute to see it hopping up and down on the end table! :)

I'm guessing some pokemon only pop up at night like in G/S/C? It seems we have venemoths, venognats dugtrios, fearows and dodrios at night.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:23:36 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2016, 03:01:23 AM »
Curious if im the only one who also uses Pokenotify? Its for Andriod only, and was recently taken down from Google Play...but it works similar to the Pokémon Go Plus device that is coming out in September, except its a free app for your phone that tells you what Pokemon species is nearby and what time it will dissappear.  Better than a $40 buzzing light-up pokeball cursor wristband.  That along with Pokevision is how ive been so victorious!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:05:50 AM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:36 AM »
We had better luck this evening. We took a little stroll to walk her egg and there was a growlithe right outside our door and a pidgey in the yard! That was such a delightful surprise after our hot, disappointing test run. She also caught a paras, geodude, ekans and ratata during our walk. When we got home she caught a ratatata and exeggcute in the backyard and a cubone in the living room. It was so cute to see it hopping up and down on the end table! :)

I'm guessing some pokemon only pop up at night like in G/S/C? It seems we have venemoths, venognats dugtrios, fearows and dodrios at night.

That's good to hear that she had better luck! ^.^

Hmm, I don't think it works that way. I've gotten tons of Venonat and Venemoths during the day around my house all the time. But I think if they were to make certain Pokemon available at certain times of day, they'd introduce that when gen 2 is released, since those are the games that had that feature. It would also make the night and day time switches more...sensible. As of now, I don't see the point in the game having to switch from night to day and vice versa.

Post Merge: July 27, 2016, 09:09:46 AM

Curious if im the only one who also uses Pokenotify? Its for Andriod only, and was recently taken down from Google Play...but it works similar to the Pokémon Go Plus device that is coming out in September, except its a free app for your phone that tells you what Pokemon species is nearby and what time it will dissappear.  Better than a $40 buzzing light-up pokeball cursor wristband.  That along with Pokevision is how ive been so victorious!

Nope, never heard of it. Right now I just use Pokevision, to plan out my walks and stuff. I'll probably stop using it if they ever fix the 3-footprint glitch in the game, though. :pout:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:09:46 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »
:hug: rainbowrifficrenia.

Thanks, she is too.

Actually she seemed to notice there was more then 151 this morning when the servers went back on.  I made myself one on my google account. We had a great haul this morning. Ponytas, ryhorn, venonat, doduo, parasect, pikachu, sandshrew and a pidgeotto.

btw my name is rosewhispers.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:52:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2016, 12:24:06 PM »
Sounds like you got some great Pokemon!

For the first time in ever the gym next to the building I work in is yellow, so I went over there during my break to add one of my Pokemon. It's a level 5 gym right now, and my CP1300 Snorlax is no where near as strong as some of the others. We've got a stupid tough gym going on over there. :lol:

I caught a Pikachu and it's a really low CP but whatever, I don't like Pikachu anyway. Just happy to be one step closer to catching them all. A few Seel spawned near me today, so I was also able to evolve one into a decent Dewgong. And a Squirtle popped up here, so I have all of the starters now.

From the constant lures going on at my building, I've learned to save my Lucky Eggs for while I'm at work, and I do all my evolving of Pokemon then. You level up faster that way!

I also finally ordered myself a Team Instinct tank top. I almost didn't get one, but with all the crap Instinct gets in the Pokemon Go community, I want to proudly show off the team I rep. :P tbh, I still don't understand why people are so ridiculous about their teams. As of now, there's no real competition going on other than claiming gyms. Some people are taking it too far...

And with that, here's a picture of my strongest Pokemon right now. There's something funny about most of them being the Eeveelutions (I'm getting back into speaking French, hence some of them having French names).
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2016, 12:29:16 PM »
Oh seel! Your so lucky! I didnt know there were team tank tops? You'll hafta show it off. Congrats on your new pokemon.

You've got a great team. We're still looking for eevees.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal