collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81032 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2015, 10:33:23 AM »
I found a pink yarn Yoshi today :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »
I found a pink yarn Yoshi today :)

Ponyfan

Awesome!

Post Merge: October 17, 2015, 05:32:08 PM

They had lots of blue and pink yarn yoshis at Walmart of all places. I snagged a blue one for my girl. They are so freaking cute!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:32:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 18, 2015, 04:33:21 PM »
I found a pink yarn yoshi yesterday on accident while toy hunting and i've been so good about not getting into amiibo but the animal crossing set comes out next month and my wallet is now weeping

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 19, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »
Does anyone else have Yoshi's Woolly World? My husband and I started playing it today and decided to scan in all of our Amiibos. I guess none of the Pokemon ones will work (Greninja didn't) but the others did and oooohhh my gosh Duck Hunt Yoshi and Dedede Yoshi are the best! I used Meta Knight Yoshi most of the time, though.

The game is also extremely cute, challenging, and fun. I highly recommend it! :satisfied:
Instagram / Want List

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #664 on: October 20, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »
Does anyone else have Yoshi's Woolly World? My husband and I started playing it today and decided to scan in all of our Amiibos. I guess none of the Pokemon ones will work (Greninja didn't) but the others did and oooohhh my gosh Duck Hunt Yoshi and Dedede Yoshi are the best! I used Meta Knight Yoshi most of the time, though.

The game is also extremely cute, challenging, and fun. I highly recommend it! :satisfied:

YES!!!! We have been having so much fun playing! We almost instantly scanned in all our amiibos, and I'm kinda bummed that not even Pikachu has an design. But the ones that do are so freakin adorable!! We've been playing as so many different characters its a bit confusing but so much fun.
The game is so cute, and challenging at times! We've been doing about 1/2-1 world a night so far. I love it! It was worth waiting for!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 20, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
I'm glad to hear Wolly World is a good game. It's on my wish list but I won't be able to get it for a while. I didn't know you could use othe Amiibos in Wolly World. I thought you could just use the Yoshi ones.

Ponyfan

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #666 on: October 21, 2015, 04:56:28 AM »
I've been wanting it but isn't it only for the Wii U? *is saving up for whatever zelda NX they come out with for TLoZ* It looks soooooo cute!!!! A friend of mine has one, idk if they have the game, but I would buy the game and play it at their house after work! xD

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2015, 04:58:33 PM »
I had been excitedly waiting for Yoshi's Wooly World to come out as I absolutely love and adore Yoshi. We picked it up over the weekend as well as the Pink and Blue Yoshis 

I haven't had much of a chance to play the game yet though what I have played I have really enjoyed, it seems like every time I boot up the Wii-U the seven year old no matter what she is doing hears it and comes running.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 21, 2015, 07:01:33 PM »
I feel like I'm derailing the thread by asking this, but for those of you playing, would you compare Wooly World closer to a Yoshi game (specifically Yoshi's Story) or Kirby's Epic Yarn? I have to wait until next September to play it for myself so I don't want to spoil too much of the game to find out.

I want to see the Wooly Yoshi amiibo in person like crazy because of how cute they look, but the only store that carries Amiibo here...has five SSB Marios and that's it. The one copy of Wooly World they have for sale is just the game without the Amiibo so I'm out of luck until I journey to a real city (and if you can find any on shelves by then, I hear the Amiibo situation has gotten better overall but I don't have access to any stores that carry them to see for myself, figures :P).

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »
I feel like I'm derailing the thread by asking this, but for those of you playing, would you compare Wooly World closer to a Yoshi game (specifically Yoshi's Story) or Kirby's Epic Yarn? I have to wait until next September to play it for myself so I don't want to spoil too much of the game to find out.

I want to see the Wooly Yoshi amiibo in person like crazy because of how cute they look, but the only store that carries Amiibo here...has five SSB Marios and that's it. The one copy of Wooly World they have for sale is just the game without the Amiibo so I'm out of luck until I journey to a real city (and if you can find any on shelves by then, I hear the Amiibo situation has gotten better overall but I don't have access to any stores that carry them to see for myself, figures :P).

I'd say it feels like a cross between a Yoshi game and Epic Yarn. I absolutely adored Epic Yarn, despite how easy it was, because of all the little hidden things in each stage. Woolly World is no different in that regard, but it's much harder imo.

I'm sort of hoping they release an Epic Yarn 2 and make it feel more like Woolly World. :lol:

The Amiibo situation has definitely gotten better, so I have to give Nintendo credit where it's due. I see the yarn Yoshi Amiibos (pink and blue) ALL over the place! As well as many of the Amiibos from the last wave and the most recent restock.

But oh my gosh, the yarn Yoshi's are SOOOOO CUTE in the game! I wish I knew how to crochet because I want to make custom Yoshi plushies based off of the game.
Instagram / Want List

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 24, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
My fiance and I were able to pick up Shulk, Little Mac, Lucario, and Marth at normal price today thank to a video game shop we have been going to for 5 years now.  We are so grateful for the owner putting them out today and the fact that we decided to go to the store today.  Hurray!!

I have Woolly World and the 3 yoshis too and they are so adorably cute.  Going with the do I feel it's more like Kirby's Epic Yarn or Yoshi's Island.  Clearly it is supposed to play like a Yoshi's Island game, but I love that we don't have that twerp Mario crying every five seconds when I get hit by an enemy, but I love that another of my favorite Nintendo characters have been turned to yarn.  I love the idea of it and the games are again super cute.  Also using my other amiibos to make new Yoshi designs is sweet.  I can't give this game enough praise.  SQUEEE!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:56:46 PM by loverofbalto »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #671 on: October 25, 2015, 03:39:40 AM »
Yesterday at TRU We found Shulk! Then we walked over to Best Buy and they had literally 64 Marth! O_______0

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 26, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »
I got an advance copy of the Toys R Us wishbook today and it said they will have Villager in Nov. I think it said 11/8 but I would have to double check.

Ponyfan

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
Thank you both! The difficulty wasn't a major concern to me in Epic Kirby Yarn (I was more disappointed that you couldn't copy enemy abilities like most Kirby games; if EKY 2 does become a thing, I hope they bring it back), but increased difficulty  is always a positive. I thought EKY was adorable, so adapting my favourite Mario/Nintendo character into the style is just too exciting.

Back on topic though, I got to see the Yarn Yoshis today. UUUUGH. If I hadn't dropped so much on an emergency flight home and back I would have bought all three on the spot. They are so much tinier than I thought and that just makes them cuter. :blush: Hopefully I'll be able to hunt them down for retail later on. I would seriously love them making variants of all the default colours/costumes, but my wallet would break!

8-Bit Mario also looks more amazing in person than in promo images. So much Amiibo temptation, help! I didn't see all of the new Amiibo yet, but I did see the retro 3-pack, Dr Mario, and Olimar (still haven't been to TRU, and I hear they are supposed to have the best stock)! I have so much hope for finding Lucas in stores when he's released now.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 02, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
Falco is up for pre order
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal