collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81058 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
I am almost certain that someone will buy those two from you, since there are a lot of people who didnt get the set because they only wanted one character.

Well that's good. I guess I'll start with my friends first, see if anyone wants to buy them. I just don't want to waste money.

I really wish they hadn't done a 3 pack with these, though.  Like... I understood the Splatoon pack to an extent, but I don't understand this one at all other than "They're all retro characters!" :pout:

On a more positive note, even though I use Duck Hunt in Smash, I don't use it as much as other characters, so this isn't a must have for me. So I won't be hurt if I don't buy it at all. Just more money to put towards those yarn Yoshi's!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
Tbh I really don't understand the point of them. Like in Skylanders and Disney Infinity you need the figures to have the character in your game but Nintendo games already come with the characters in the game? Does getting the amiibo allow you to get unlockable characters without needing to earn them? And what about characters who are available from the start?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2015, 12:55:21 PM »
My main collecting hobby is Pokemon collecting so I wanted to get all of the pkmn ones,but that soon proved impossible.

I got the Pikachu for Xmas last year but all the others have been store exclusives and sold out long before I could attempt to get one. I refuse to pay more than retail for them as they are already pricy.

So I think my collection will probably just remain as that one Pikachu alas. They are very nice collectibles and have nice sculpting and painting but the scarcity and price gouging is just too much for me. I don't even have the game they are compatible with anyways.

I wish these were more like Skylanders and Disney Infinitys where you have a pretty good chance of being able to you know, FIND the things.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »
I am almost certain that someone will buy those two from you, since there are a lot of people who didnt get the set because they only wanted one character.

Well that's good. I guess I'll start with my friends first, see if anyone wants to buy them. I just don't want to waste money.

I really wish they hadn't done a 3 pack with these, though.  Like... I understood the Splatoon pack to an extent, but I don't understand this one at all other than "They're all retro characters!" :pout:

I can totally understand that - I am the same way with my three pack. One of my friend's brother mentioned to me a few weeks back that he knew someone that only wanted ROB so I just asked my friend to check with her bro to see if that person still wanted him. I had actually planned to put G&W on eBay as a last resort if I couldnt find a friend/someone that wanted them.

For me, it would be harder to find friends (locally/IRL) that would be willing to pay for the other two characters in the set.  :cry: I seem to have bad luck when it comes to situations like this:
"Oh you dont want _______? I'll take them! Wait, you aren't going to give it to me for free, even thought you paid $__.__ for the whole set?  :mad: Ugh!"

They put them in a three pack because "oh hey they are all retro/old school Nintendo characters from the 80's! Kids nowadays wouldnt know who they are! Let's make them exclusive to GameStop, because they specialize in video games!!!". Which makes sense, but yeah it is a real pain if you dont want them all.

Tbh I really don't understand the point of them. Like in Skylanders and Disney Infinity you need the figures to have the character in your game but Nintendo games already come with the characters in the game? Does getting the amiibo allow you to get unlockable characters without needing to earn them? And what about characters who are available from the start?

Amiibos do different things depending on what game(s) you have, usually optional stuff. With Skylanders/Infinity, you HAVE to have the figures to even play the game.
With amiibo, save for the AC amiibo festival, you don't have to have the figures to be able to play the main part of the game. They usually help unlock things faster (Super Mario Maker), act like a personal training buddy (Smash Bros), unlock side missions to recieve new weapons/attire (Splatoon), summon specific characters without having to wait for the game to give them to you (AC Happy Home Maker), ect. Plus, the amiibo themselves look pretty nice on display (not that the Skylanders/Infinity ones don't, of course)and its a little bonus to have a figure of a character that rarely ever gets merchandise, like Shulk.

Post Merge: September 24, 2015, 01:11:59 PM

I wish these were more like Skylanders and Disney Infinitys where you have a pretty good chance of being able to you know, FIND the things.
Back when they first came out, it was nearly impossible to find Skylanders figures in store shelves for the longest.
I was into them that first game series, and around November to....August of that following year (or whenever Giants came out), it was extremely hard to find any of them in stores, especially the new ones that were like, 1 in every 6 in an semi-random assortment. I still remember that TRU restock they had hyped up, and it ended up being a huge bust.
I had quit Skylanders because I wanted fond of the idea that you basically had to buy a new figures of the same character if you didnt want to have a handicap against you in Giants (IIRC first game figures could go up to level 10, while Giants versions coild go up to level 20).

It's such a good thing that nowadays Skylanders is so much easier to find in stores. It kinda seems like it's getting a bit easier to get the new amiibos, compared to some months back, but Nintendo really underestimated the demand for certain characters not from Mario or named Pikachu.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:11:59 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2015, 01:59:36 PM »
I normally have no interest in these, but is/are Animal Crossing ones coming to the US? I can't think of her name, but the pink Alpaca from Re-Tail looks like she's going to be made into one. I must get her if so!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
I normally have no interest in these, but is/are Animal Crossing ones coming to the US? I can't think of her name, but the pink Alpaca from Re-Tail looks like she's going to be made into one. I must get her if so!
Yeah they will be here in November 13th, IIRC. :)
Reese will be in a three pack with her husband Cyrus and K.K. Slider.

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »
Haha posting again about the ACNL Amiibos, just to make sure. I don't keep on top of Amiibos too much, and Im worried that the Animal crossing ones will be impossible to find over here, so if anyone sees them in store/ are stalking them would you mind picking up an extra set of the Reese / Cyrus one for me?

Or I suppose even better, if anyone only wants KK I'd be happy to buy Reese and Cyrus of your hands ^^

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 25, 2015, 06:28:51 AM »
Yeah they will be here in November 13th, IIRC. :)
Reese will be in a three pack with her husband Cyrus and K.K. Slider.

Thanks for the info! That will probably be the only Amiibo set I ever get, because Reese is just so cute.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
Haha posting again about the ACNL Amiibos, just to make sure. I don't keep on top of Amiibos too much, and Im worried that the Animal crossing ones will be impossible to find over here, so if anyone sees them in store/ are stalking them would you mind picking up an extra set of the Reese / Cyrus one for me?

Or I suppose even better, if anyone only wants KK I'd be happy to buy Reese and Cyrus of your hands ^^

They're coming in a bundle with the AC game that's like a Mario Party game
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2015, 10:09:12 AM »
Ooo! there is going to be reese? :3

I havnt been keeping up with these too well, which is bad because i want more! xD I saw the pacman one at a target.and when i went back it was gone!!!!! my walmarts have olimar, the sexy samus, and gannondork mixed in with the mario characters that have been warming the pegs since last christmas. We are still wanting charizard, at this point all the amiibos i want I will probably just buy the japanese versions!

Hey guys, so im sure ya'll have heard about NX.....at least rumors about it because theres such little info. Its supposingly the next gen console to replace the Wii U, its either supposed to release late next year or in 2017 but do you thonk amiibos will still be used next gen? I am so curious! Hopefully they wont be obsolete!!!

Post Merge: September 25, 2015, 10:14:51 AM

I'm debating if I really want to buy the 3-pack. Since I only buy Amiibos for characters that I use in Smash Bros. and other games, Duck Hunt is the only one I'm after. I'd only buy the pack if I knew someone I could sell the other two Amiibos to. :(

My husband would love Mr Game and Watch and I like ROB since my dad always played as him and had the old toy! :blush:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:14:51 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
Ooh! I just picked up our Retro 3 pack and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer game. The amiibos look great! I'll post pictures when I get home. :3 Can't wait for my daughter to come home and see her new amiibos and videogame. But Duck Hunt Dog is mine and it was hassle-free just the way it ought to be. Yay! I wonder if I can get my boyfriend to make little stands for her to display the other 3 Game n Watch poses  on?

Post Merge: September 25, 2015, 10:29:25 AM

On a more positive note, even though I use Duck Hunt in Smash, I don't use it as much as other characters, so this isn't a must have for me. So I won't be hurt if I don't buy it at all. Just more money to put towards those yarn Yoshi's!

We all need Yarn Yoshis. I really wish they'd make them in lavender, I'd be all over that
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:33:02 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2015, 11:08:36 AM »

My husband would love Mr Game and Watch and I like ROB since my dad always played as him and had the old toy! :blush:

Really?!  I just ordered the 3 pack, along with 8-bit Mario.  I can DM you the price + shipping, if that's okay? 

edit: That being said, the 8-bit Mario Amiibo is on Gamestop's website right now!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:11:13 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »
You know, if you think about it, the 3 pack is really a six pack.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »
I opened two of my AC amiibo cards, and got two duplicates. xD

For anyone that got the cards, did you get any characters you liked? :D

You know, if you think about it, the 3 pack is really a six pack.
That is true! I wish they had at least a mini stand for the other three G&W poses.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
Where did you get the AC Amiibo cards? My daughter collects cards and would probably enjoy using them with her game.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal