collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81071 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
Yeah :/ I mentioned a while back that I was debating getting Lucina because I wasn't paying the stupid marked up price for her Figma, but....eeeh. If I get the chance to get one I will as I know some friends really want them, but, eh. I thought they were kinda pointless but cute to begin with and now I probably couldn't care less - the more a company makes something arbitrarily hard and expensive to get, the less interested I am in it. There are so many other pretty things I can spend my money on with pretty much no effort at all.

Pull the other one, Nintendo. And stop region-locking your consoles.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:40 AM »
So my fiance bought a Dedede for me today.  He wasn't going to tell me, he wanted to keep it a secret until my birthday on Saturday, but I was voicing my Amiibo frustrations and how I didn't even care about getting Dedede and Meta Knight anymore... and he told me.  He said he didn't like that I was so upset over it and had been trying for weeks to get me one, and he finally got a good deal. :wail: <--- my ugly happy cry

I'm still not bothering with this new wave. I'm also feeling pessimistic about the yarn Yoshis, Dainty:(

I'm not 100% sure I understand Nintendo's tactics with the Amiibos right now... like... they do realize they're losing out on money by not making these more widely available, right?  Just putting money in the hands of scalpers, that's what they're doing!

That is the sweetest thing ever! I don't blame you for being so upset over it. I was crushed when I waited in line for Target for 2 hours on a Friday (late for work), and they didn't even have Dedede that day.

Yeah I personally think Nintendo is doing this on purpose but its a pain.
I collect Amiibos for Gameplay. All of mine have been opened and activated in Smash Brothers or Mario Cart (I love the costumes). So its frustrating for me that I can't find characters I actually want to use.
I've already preordered Yoshi's Wooly World and want to use those Amiibo so bad, but I'm getting ready for disappointment already.
 :cry:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
That is the sweetest thing ever! I don't blame you for being so upset over it. I was crushed when I waited in line for Target for 2 hours on a Friday (late for work), and they didn't even have Dedede that day.

Yeah I personally think Nintendo is doing this on purpose but its a pain.
I collect Amiibos for Gameplay. All of mine have been opened and activated in Smash Brothers or Mario Cart (I love the costumes). So its frustrating for me that I can't find characters I actually want to use.
I've already preordered Yoshi's Wooly World and want to use those Amiibo so bad, but I'm getting ready for disappointment already.
 :cry:

We went to Toys R Us early the morning that Dedede came out, and they had a total of 5, all of which were bought by the first person in line. :cry:

I'm the same way!  I wanted these Amiibos for their intended purpose.  My goal wasn't to collect them all because I only wanted characters that I use in Smash Bros. and other games.  I'm already upset that I've completed Kirby and the Rainbow Curse at 100% without knowing what it'd be like to use the Dedede or Meta Knight Amiibos.

I also pre-ordered Wooly World, but I'm not entirely expecting that I'll be able to get the Amiibos for it.  Lowered expectations = less disappointment
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:29:20 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

I also pre-ordered Wooly Worl, but I'm not entirely expecting that I'll be able to get the Amiibos for it.  Lowered expectations = less disappointment

I'm hoping that any Yoshi would work for Wooly World and not just the plush versions like how SSB and SMB work the same for Sm4sh and Mario Party.

I'm predicting the green one will be common (well Amiibo standards of common) and everywhere, but the pink and blue will be two separate store exclusives we'll have to jump through hoops to get.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2015, 11:46:24 AM »
Husband really loves any of the yoshi yarns so if I find any i will pick it up. Im praying to the stars he wont be exclusive and if he is be exclusive to walfart so i can find him :P WATCH. That @#(9#\# yoshi will only be availible at Nintendo World in NYC.
:sad:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2015, 12:17:05 PM »
I'm hoping that any Yoshi would work for Wooly World and not just the plush versions like how SSB and SMB work the same for Sm4sh and Mario Party.

I'm sure any Yoshi would do, but it'd be nice to have the yarn ones.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »
Before they decided to make Wooly World Yoshis, wasn't there a customizer who did the same concept?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 04, 2015, 08:46:10 AM »
I got in my preorder for Robin and Ness today. TL;DR story below if anyone feels like reading.

Spoiler
I woke up 15 minutes before EB opened, and had a serious thirty second debate over how important these were to me, considering I over slept and had no idea how many preorders they would have (plus, I am not a morning person and didn't want to get up). Ended up going but obviously missed the store opening (got there about ten minutes after), there were about six people in line when I got there. A couple of them went for all the new ones, the rest after Ness and FE characters, surprise surprise.

My turn, the employee was making small talk and made the mistake of asking me if I was excited for Lucas...180 degree change from half asleep to stupidly ecstatic.  I mentioned that originally I was only getting Ness because he'd be my substitute Lucas, and he was joking around saying I can customise him into a Lucas...who just felt like wearing a hat. :lol:

I have my concerns though. A few stores were open yesterday and they never closed preorders as far as I'm aware. Considering they were cutting off the FE characters after a couple of preorders in the States, I'm anticipating cancellations.

Two months of still worrying, yay.  :facepalm:

I'm sure any Yoshi would do, but it'd be nice to have the yarn ones.

Oh, yes, I totally agree I want one all three even without the in game function. I'm just being paranoid after the whole Kirby situation.

(and happy birthday! :party:)

Before they decided to make Wooly World Yoshis, wasn't there a customizer who did the same concept?

I think I know which custom you're talking about, it's so cute!

Ponykit

« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »
My local Gamestop was out of pre-orders for Wave 4. Hopefully I'll make it early enough to get in pre-orders for Dark Pit and Palutena. I need those two. Still, I'm a bit disappointed that I probably won't be able to get Robin.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »
We were at Walmart the other day and some lucky dude snapped up the last Pit. If only I'd gotten there a leetle bit faster >_<

Princess Lala

« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »
We were at Walmart the other day and some lucky dude snapped up the last Pit. If only I'd gotten there a leetle bit faster >_<

Waaaaaat!?? Pit is back out!?? I WORK at walfart near the electronics area and i havnt checked the freight in like a week! :freak:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »

Waaaaaat!?? Pit is back out!?? I WORK at walfart near the electronics area and i havnt checked the freight in like a week! :freak:

Pfft! Maybe like one Pit.  -_- Its my dream to see like a ton of Pits. But that's ok, I'm gonna snag Dark Pit as soon as they announce wave 5 for pre-order.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

Pfft! Maybe like one Pit.  -_- Its my dream to see like a ton of Pits. But that's ok, I'm gonna snag Dark Pit as soon as they announce wave 5 for pre-order.
Welp time to look for pits again hes one of my top wants with fox and rosalina

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »
Feels like I'm the only one around here who's never actually seen an Amiibo. :enthralled:

I don't own a Wii U...yet, but I'm thinking of looking for a Kirby at Calgary Expo next week. Rainbow Curse looks adorable, and the Amiibo might be fun. ^.^
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »
Feels like I'm the only one around here who's never actually seen an Amiibo. :enthralled:

I don't own a Wii U...yet, but I'm thinking of looking for a Kirby at Calgary Expo next week. Rainbow Curse looks adorable, and the Amiibo might be fun. ^.^

Kirby's Amiibo in Rainbow Curse is soooo OP but it's fun!  You'll enjoy it. ^.^
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal