collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81049 times)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
I read a rumor that wave 4 won't be available for preorder at all - you just have to show up at the store when they come out.
That might not be as bad as long as stores have a strict limit, but you know they won't and it will be a huge headache >:u

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
I read a rumor that wave 4 won't be available for preorder at all - you just have to show up at the store when they come out.
That might not be as bad as long as stores have a strict limit, but you know they won't and it will be a huge headache >:u
If it truly goes that route, I'd just go ahead and pay a (reasonable) scalper price for Lucina, because she will dfinately be the hardest to find, next to Ness. :(

@Kitkumi: Yeah I meant to mentioned Ike and Dedede as well. :(  and I never saw Pit or Falcon in the wild.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
@kaoskat: look out for : Marth, Villager, Wii Ft Trainer, Shulk, Lucario, Rosalina, MetaKnight, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Those are what I can think of at this second.

I think that its a safe bet we can add Ike and King Dedede to that list, since when they released people were reporting stores getting 0-2 of each, and I have yet to see any in the wild.

It would probably be shorter to make a list of ones to NOT bother picking up :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

O_o if they go that route, I'm done. Unless they get better at shipping the things, considering right now if you don't pre-order them you never see them in stores. I hadn't seen this rumor anywhere yet, but considering we're going to be in to March in like, an hour, I can believe it lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »

Oh great. If this is true I will throw in the towel for Charizard :-(

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2015, 06:58:08 AM »

That would be extremely unfair if they did forego the pre-order route.  :enraged: We got Mega Man and Shiek because of pre-orders. Hopefully neither Nintendo nor stores will do such a thing. Its not regular peoples fault they sell a ton to scalpers and wonder why they have no stock left for pre-order customers, or anyone else. Its also Nintendo's fault for making a million Marios and very few of the cooler characters
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:10:15 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »
Thinking about it, I can't see them NOT doing pre-orders. Maybe a store or two wouldn't (like Toys R Us and Target) but I can't see stores like Gamestop not getting pre-orders, since they are game-specific stores. Plus, how many times have I heard people say/been told my self that a store only got enough stock to cover pre-orders plus maybe one or two extra? I know for wave 3 my Gamestop didn't get any extra characters at all, even of the now easier to find ones like Shiek and Toon Link. Unless shipping and supply gets straightened out, both Nintendo and the store selling the Amiibo would be loosing out on money. I know a lot of people pre-ordered characters that they normally wouldn't have picked up just because they could. Without pre-orders, and with the same level of supply coming in outside of pre-orders (so, very low to none at all) that would be a lot of lost money I think.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2015, 02:06:51 PM »
Finally manage to get Sonic!
I was heading to the grocery store and decided to peek in at the Gamestop next door. After asking if they had Sonic, he said they didnt but they did have Megaman. Saw him on the shelf and I decided to get one. While I was at the checkout counter, the guy had remembered something and went to the back of the store, coming out with a Sonic. He had mentioned it was a preorder Sonic, but the guy never came to pick it up after they had left him a message reminder.

I think I read on reddit that MetaKnight should be coming back to Best Buy in a few weeks.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »

Yeah that kinda sucks but then again the distribution in my country is so BAD it doesn't matter anyway, I preordred Ike and they ran out and didn't respect my preorder.... blegh I had heard other people complain about that too but I guess that the shop being on a nicer location they would at least try

I guess I'll just stalk the shop when Robin and Lucina show up :B
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:34:33 PM by Silver_mirror46 »

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Finally manage to get Sonic!
I was heading to the grocery store and decided to peek in at the Gamestop next door. After asking if they had Sonic, he said they didnt but they did have Megaman. Saw him on the shelf and I decided to get one. While I was at the checkout counter, the guy had remembered something and went to the back of the store, coming out with a Sonic. He had mentioned it was a preorder Sonic, but the guy never came to pick it up after they had left him a message reminder.

I think I read on reddit that MetaKnight should be coming back to Best Buy in a few weeks.

Congrats on Sonic
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
Thats pretty good luck with Sonic, congrats!

So im hoping to heck that my Walmart store is one of the 3,000 stores that will be getting gold Mario on the 20th. If only I had the UPC I could look it up on my telzone and see if we have some commin' in. My husband and I both want one sadly the 20th is on my day off so I have a less chance of getting one at midnight. See, LOL if I would work that night I would have them behind the counter and buy one on my 12:00 modnight break-were we can buy anything without breaking walmart employee policy. My managers overnight are super chill and know I like to collect stuff like this so maybe on my day off i can get there early and have them help me find them in the freight xD

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »
I'm actually really tempted to try and get gold Mario to use for trading.  I feel like that's my only chance at maybe getting Meta Knight. :lol: Seriously though, with a new Kirby game having been released, you'd think they wouldn't make a Kirby character exclusive to just one store.  Honestly, having any character exclusive to anywhere is pretty stupid EXCEPT gold Mario.  At least gold Mario is somewhat different from the other Mario Amiibos.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
Thanks, everyone! :D

I hope my two Walmarts are one of the ones getting Gold Mario, and that they have a ton of them. Not sure if I would really go on a hunt for Gold Mario, and I dunno if I would take him out of the packaging, though. xD

I'm actually really tempted to try and get gold Mario to use for trading.  I feel like that's my only chance at maybe getting Meta Knight. :lol: Seriously though, with a new Kirby game having been released, you'd think they wouldn't make a Kirby character exclusive to just one store.  Honestly, having any character exclusive to anywhere is pretty stupid EXCEPT gold Mario.  At least gold Mario is somewhat different from the other Mario Amiibos.
If I spot MetaKnight or King Dedede while I'm out, I'll pick it/them up for you. :D
I do think the whole retail exclusive thing is a stupid idea for actual different characters. I really hope they dont do it again with this wave.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
I was able to pre order two gold Mario's.  A guy I work with is stalking the internet so all 4 of us got an order in at the right time!!

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone is looking for him around here, but apparently a number of Best Buy stores are getting Little Mac in 'sometime this week'. No other real specifics.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal