collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81093 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
That's how I got my JPN Lucario amiibo - figured the $30 I paid for him on Amazon would be the equivalent of me driving around trying to find him. (Of course, he was already shipped to me when I found a US Lucario at my TRU, so curse my luck on that xD). I may do the same for Sonic pretty soon, and wished I did it with Marth before his price jumped up.
Out of the Wave 4s, I really/only want Lucina, and I know she is going to be hard to get. :(

Yeah, if my fiance keeps getting outbid on eBay, I'll just tell him about Amazon for both Dedede and Meta Knight (I think MK is $32, which still isn't bad).

I want Pac-man from wave 4 and while I don't believe he'll be super popular, you can't go off of that with these things.  I thought I was the only person in the world who wanted Wii Fit Trainer (I use her a ton in SSB), so when I picked one up, I had no idea she'd end up as one of the rare ones.

There aren't too many more Amiibos I want after this... going off of characters I use in SSB, Duck Hunt, Zero Suit Samus and Greninja are all that's left.  I also still need Villager, I really wish I had grabbed one when I saw a bunch at TRU a few months back.
i hear ya on that one. I was at TRU when Little mac eas first released, twice!!, and I really regret not buying him when I had the chance. i didnt think he would be that popular.
But now we have people buying any amiibo they see, just in case it becomes rare - NO ONE expected WTF and Villager to be this hard to find.

The only unreleased ones I want are Lucina, Bowser Jr, ZSSamus, Duck Hunt, Greninja, and.... I think that's it. Unless of course they make a Mewtwo amiibo.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2015, 10:22:48 AM »
Yay for Mega Man!  He looks great!  I can't wait to get mine.

I totally agree, Sora.  I thought for sure that, by now, Nintendo would have their act together.  I've been hearing rumors though that the port strikes in CA may have affected stock.  The only reason I think that's a bunch of BS is because it doesn't make sense for us to get some of the Amiibos and not all of them.  If the strikes truly affected them, wouldn't there have been a hold on all of the Amiibos?  I dunno, I think that's just people trying to make excuses for Nintendo's laziness.

Or it could be true.

Who knows.  I just really hope they do a second run in the future for a lot of these characters.

My fiance has been bidding on some Japanese Dedede's on eBay, since the Amiibos aren't region locked or anything.  Suuuuure wish that games/game consoles weren't region locked... :rolleyes: Anyway, Amazon also has some Japanese Amiibos available for 2x the price they are here, which isn't too bad I guess.

Thanks Moonbeamstar and I personally don't believe that rumor either. Good luck with your amiibo hunting
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2015, 05:38:32 PM »
I'm coming down to the last of the ones I'm after, with the Fire Emblem crew of wave 4 being my main priority. Of the unreleased ones I am waiting for Ganondorf to finish up the Zelda series, Dark Pit and Palutena, and then Falco as he was always my favorite Star Fox character. I would also love if they went back and made amiibo for older characters from Smash, because I would love to have a Roy amiibo. I think though that, unless they start up a purely Zelda line, I'm out of the amiibo game after this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »
I call BS on that rumor as well! We still got a ton of Amiibos here on their release, stupid Nintendo keeps sending us1 case of all the rarer characters. We still get plenty of amiibos in, but its always wave 1 commons. I think Nintendo is just being stingy and lazy making and sending out more of the ones people want and when we do get good figures in they are gone in a flash! I remember before xmas my electronics friend said someone boaght 4 wii fit yoga trainers! We never got more in.... I really should have got the wiifit yoga trainer, fox, and villager back then. This is what I saw at TRU today:

LOL a whole 2 or 3ft section of each common character! Lol and my hubbys arm xD

Post Merge: February 27, 2015, 02:01:14 AM

So ones I reallt want left now are Lucario, Pit, Rosalina, Charizard and Pacman(to keep MJB because my dad was a huge Pac fan!)  :blush:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:01:14 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2015, 05:31:38 AM »
A few guys at work are into amiibos.  So one guys been on a constant amiibo watch.  Thanks to him we all grabbed preorders for gold Mario.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »
Wait- is the gold Mario Amiibo already out!?? I thought he wasnt in stores until the 20th... I would really like him! Darn preorders..... HOW COULD I MISS!? It was in my day off!  :cry:

Post Merge: February 28, 2015, 07:36:05 AM

Target, you stink.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6n0SjG.jpg
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:36:05 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
Wait- is the gold Mario Amiibo already out!?? I thought he wasnt in stores until the 20th... I would really like him! Darn preorders..... HOW COULD I MISS!? It was in my day off!  :cry:

Target, you stink.

Gold Mario's preorder on Walmart.com went up twice for a very short amount of time. He isn't out in stores just yet.

And I am partially guessing that Target put that sign up to keep people from asking them about it. Thing is, some of those discontinued amiibos are supposed to be getting a reprint in the future. Technically, Rosalina will get a reprint too, but it would be her "SMB" version, not the Smash Bros. one.

And in hindsight, I am glad that I didnt bother with "MetaKnight Friday" - I was at my Best Buy two days ago and talked to an employee about the amiibos. She said that on that Friday when MetaKnight was released, they had 9 to 15 people waiting in line outside, but only had about two of each of KingDe/Ike/MetaKnight/Megaman outside of pre-orders. So a lot of people left upset and mad.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »
Does anyone know what store/if the UK will be getting gold Mario?

And I agree with everyone else, that rumor doesn't make much sense to me.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
Woah, Rosalina and Luma are getting a 'reprint'!? Id love to read about it or see pictures!!! :D I am still missing her.... so she will be with super mario brothers?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
Ok, I do not play this game but we have these all over the place here. I don't know if we have rare ones but I've noticed some people upset because they an't get certain ones. Are there ones that I should be looking out for and letting anyone know if I find them?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »
Woah, Rosalina and Luma are getting a 'reprint'!? Id love to read about it or see pictures!!! :D I am still missing her.... so she will be with super mario brothers?
Rosalina is getting a reprint, but Luma "isnt" - Rosalina's SMB  figure wont have Luma on it. (But should still work for Smash Bros. )
Yeah she should be with the upcoming SMB line of amiibos, I guess to go along with Mario Party 10? I think she will be on the second "wave", since Wario is gonna have a SMB figure as well as his Smash one.
I'm at work right now so i'll try to get you a pic when I get home tonight.

@kaoskat: look out for : Marth, Villager, Wii Ft Trainer, Shulk, Lucario, Rosalina, MetaKnight, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Those are what I can think of at this second.

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »
In my opinion the SMB line looks really boring and not nearly as detailed or nice as the Smash ones, so Rosalina being reprinted in that line isn't really.. that much of a consolation.

I mean just look at the Peachs -
http://www.amazon.com/Peach-amiibo-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00N4ABT1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425161008&sr=8-1&keywords=peach+amiibo
vs
http://www.amazon.com/Peach-amiibo-Wii-U/dp/B00S7O6QWM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425161008&sr=8-2&keywords=peach+amiibo

Ponykit

« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »

Target, you stink.

Oh--! Maybe I should start getting more Amiibo!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
My son really likes these figures and wants as many as he can get, but frankly, I'm getting sick of trying to track them down. In the beginning, I got Peach for myself because I collect Peach figures & toys, and I got one each for my son (Marth) and my brother (Link) for Christmas since they play Smash Bros. together. Back when I got them, my Walmart had several of every first wave figure, including the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Marth, but I didn't buy them despite knowing at the time they were somewhat hard to find. Of course, I'm now kicking myself for not grabbing the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

But since then, I've very rarely seen any in stores outside of Peach, Yoshi, Zelda and Mario. I did come across Sonic and Mega Man the other day and I knew my son wanted Sonic, so I bought him, came home and offhandedly mentioned to my brother that they also had 3 Mega Man figures. Of course, I had forgotten that was another one he wanted, so I went right back to Walmart (luckily we only live about a mile away) and found they had just 2 Mega Man figures left. I bought the one with a nicer paint job for him. It just sucks that the ones my son wants most (Lil Mack, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight) are among the hardest to find. And with the next wave, my son wants that girl that looks like Marth (I forget her name) and I want Ness, but I doubt I'll be able to find them. Seeing how wave 3 pretty much sold out long before its release date, I'm not too hopeful about the next wave.

I really wish Nintendo would fix the distribution with these. There's clearly not enough of certain characters to meet demand.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

@kaoskat: look out for : Marth, Villager, Wii Ft Trainer, Shulk, Lucario, Rosalina, MetaKnight, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Those are what I can think of at this second.

I think that its a safe bet we can add Ike and King Dedede to that list, since when they released people were reporting stores getting 0-2 of each, and I have yet to see any in the wild.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal