collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81058 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
Hehe I don't think anyone expect Amiibos to be so popular. It is just a pain that Nintendo underestimated the demand and made a bunch of figures of the Mario series characters (sans Rosalina).

Is anyone going to try and get MetaKnight or the rest of Wave 3 tomorrow? I originally was thinking about it, but I scheduled to work shortly after the doors would open, and I don't feel it would be worth it. The only one I'd want would be Sonic, but I'd most likely just import him or something if I can't find him in person.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »
Best Buy is so non-prepared for tomorrow. I called to see if my local store would have any non-preoders to sell tomorrow and if they had a game plan in case there was a mass rush..... yeah. The lady said she couldn't tell me how many they had because 'they themselves don't know' but that if I 'show up around opening, there shouldn't be any problem finding one'...... Oh lady, if you only knew.

I had decided to not camp out and to let it go tomorrow, but where I did originally have tomorrow off now I have to go in to work at 10:30, and I work about five minutes away from Best Buy. So, I figure I might as well swing by early and see whats happening. It is FRIGID where I am though, and I refuse to risk my personal health for a piece of $13 plastic so if there is a line, or people start forming a line even half an hour before opening, I'm out lol. If I can stay in my car until ten minutes before opening thats one thing lol.

Good luck to any and all that will be on the hunt!

EDIT: @Milky - I'll keep an eye out for Sonic for you if I end up going in to the store. I've got him pre-ordered via Gamestop so I wouldn't mind picking up a spare if I ran across him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:17:16 PM by Kitkumi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2015, 05:36:39 PM »
Best Buy is so non-prepared for tomorrow. I called to see if my local store would have any non-preoders to sell tomorrow and if they had a game plan in case there was a mass rush..... yeah. The lady said she couldn't tell me how many they had because 'they themselves don't know' but that if I 'show up around opening, there shouldn't be any problem finding one'...... Oh lady, if you only knew.

I had decided to not camp out and to let it go tomorrow, but where I did originally have tomorrow off now I have to go in to work at 10:30, and I work about five minutes away from Best Buy. So, I figure I might as well swing by early and see whats happening. It is FRIGID where I am though, and I refuse to risk my personal health for a piece of $13 plastic so if there is a line, or people start forming a line even half an hour before opening, I'm out lol. If I can stay in my car until ten minutes before opening thats one thing lol.

Good luck to any and all that will be on the hunt!

EDIT: @Milky - I'll keep an eye out for Sonic for you if I end up going in to the store. I've got him pre-ordered via Gamestop so I wouldn't mind picking up a spare if I ran across him.
Yeah I think most stores other than GameStop or TRU are underestimating the amiibo demand. xD I was at my Best Buy a few days ago and they seemed pretty chill in a " Oh I dont think that many people will show up for the amiibos" way. It's like they don,t realize they have an exclusive amiibo in their store. ^^; My store had mentioned that they had about five of all the new ones, and I have a feeling that there will be people waiting outside the door started at 7am, if not earlier (happened last Friday at TRU).

You are such a sweetie, Kitkumi! I really appreciate it! :D

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »
I think part of the problem is that Best Buy, though they do carry Amiibo, haven't gone through the 'exclusive amiibo' craze yet. Though at the same time, many of the people who actually work in the electronic section seem to have some idea, so, I don't know. It will be interesting to see what people report tomorrow.

And not a problem. No promises I'll find anything, but it never hurts to look :D

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2015, 01:33:43 AM »
When my guy went out yesterday to go shopping for me, he couldnt find anything new. All the amiibos in stock were mario characters, Zelda, Samus, DK, and Diddy. He really really wants Sonic, hopefuly they show up at work so I can buy him one.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2015, 05:55:15 AM »
It's really dumb that they're releasing a second wave of Mario characters in *gasp* different poses!  The Mario characters are all shelf-warmers!  :mad: And I get it, they're doing new Amiibos for the Mario Party game, but seriously...can we maybe get more stock of other characters before we go rereleasing characters that you can already find easily?

Also, seeing as it's icy cold out, I'm waiting until later to head out and check Best Buy for any left over Meta Knights. I'm picking up the new Kirby game, anyway.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2015, 08:10:14 AM »
It's really dumb that they're releasing a second wave of Mario characters in *gasp* different poses!  The Mario characters are all shelf-warmers!  :mad: And I get it, they're doing new Amiibos for the Mario Party game, but seriously...can we maybe get more stock of other characters before we go rereleasing characters that you can already find easily?
Agreed, especially where Mario is concerned. Luigi seems to sell out fairly quickly over here, but not Mario. He's everywhere.

By the way, does anyone know when Sonic will be released in the UK? I'm not keeping up with dates as you can tell :P

EDIT: More Amiibo woes... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/sonic_and_mega_man_amiibo_available_again_from_nintendo_uk_store_but_reports_of_cancelled_shulk_pre-orders_also_surface
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:19:42 AM by Sora »

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2015, 10:20:35 AM »
Im also mad at Nintendo for making new molds for Mario characters. Im glad they made toad, but that should have been it. -____- Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all over the place here. Especially Mario! Why cant instead of making 10000000000 mario,they make more Rosalina, Lucario, you know.... characters that are hard to find!? How can Mario get another figure before Lucas and Mr Game and Watch!? *dies inside*

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
I went ahead and headed to Best Buy. Got there about an hour early, and I couldn't help myself; when I saw other people sitting in cars, I got out and decided to start the line! XD I said I wasn't gonna but the adrenaline got to me lol. A shout out to the awesome employee who, after seeing me stand around for 15 minutes came out and let me enter in to the 'lobby' area because he didn't want to see me freeze to death. Once I was in, everyone else joined me. There were only 5 of us, and the people right behind me were obvious scalpers (the woman had five Meta Knight pre-ordered to pick up, and she tried to straight up buy another one. When she couldn't the guy with her bought one and then tried to buy two more after we had all gotten through the line).

My Best Buy didn't do a ticket system or anything, but they did end up putting Meta Knight behind the counter and limiting it to one per person, so all of us waiting were able to get one, and they had three left when I headed out. Really happy with the way they handled it. Anyone else go out today and if so, did you find anything?

@Milky - I looked for Sonic for you, but no luck :( My Best Buy didn't seem to get any of the wave 3 amiibo outside of Meta Knight, which I thought was odd. I figured they would at least get King DeDeDe since the new Kirby game came out.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
I hear yall on them rereleasing the mario figures so soon for Mario Party 10. It's a dumb idea to me, outside of Toad getting a figure. But at least they will make another version of Rosalina amiibo, so that's good on that account.

@Kitkumi: Aww it's alright! I totally appreciate that you were willing to pick one up for me in the first place if they had him! *hugs*

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
I'll just copy and paste the nice little message I posted on Best Buy's facebook page in regards to my experience. >w<

My experience with Best Buy and it's Meta Knight exclusive have me hoping you guys never ever get another exclusive amiibo.

Yesterday I attempted to call 4 different stores in an attempt to find out if any of them would have extra, non preordered, ones available today. Of those 4, 2 never even answered, simply leaving me on hold for hanging up on me after 10 minutes.

I decided to take a chance with the two that I did hear from though. So I wake up at 6am so that I can leave by 6:30 to go try and get a Meta Knight.

Arrive at Best Buy in Edwardsville at 7 am. I set my butt down on the cold ground and huddle up under a blanket and proceed to wait (willing to wait 3 hours for this stupid toy). The people there were champs. I had 3 different people check on me (or more so: check why some crazy hobo was sitting in front of their store in the bitter cold). And at one point the manager even propped open the door and told me I could come in and sit inside. So I thanked him and moved inside. He asks what I was there for, disappears, and a minute or two later reappears saying their store only has enough to fill preorders and no extras. He was super apologetic and kind. I thanked him and left A++ Edwardsville Best Buy.

I proceed to the Best Buy in Bridgeton. I get there at 8:30am and because of the parking lot setup am able to sit in my car watching the door. I finally get nervous around 9am and go stand at the door, immediately followed by 3 more people. In the end I think we had between 10 and 12 people standing there by opening at 10am. Not once did anyone in that Best Buy acknowledge us. No information. No ticket system. So despite the fact that I was first in line TWICE today, I did not get the stupid toy I was after because people behind me rushed over and grabbed the total of 3 that the store had. I've heard that the stores have been flooded with requests and inquires, so it's not a surprise that there were going to be a lot of people for a crazy limited quantity. If you saw that many people outside and knew you only had a couple items maybe you should have ticketed the item. You guys practically INVENTED the Black Friday ticketing procedure.

The whole event has soured and wasted my day.

All I have to say is that Best Buy better have more Meta Knights up for online ordering or future shipments otherwise I'm marking off my list of places to shop for video gaming supplies.

I also checked 2 best buys, 2 walmarts, 1 target, and 1 gamestop today.  Still not Sonics, Megamans, or anything newish other than Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »
Congrats!!! Im happy to hear some people are having luck! I went into work tonight (im not supposed to LOL) so they put me on electronics duty and im stalking the area for any amiibo boxes. In stock i have 1 peach, 4 luigi, 1 zelda, and 4 bowsers. -_-

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »
Apparently Amiami (Japanese online store) had wave 4 up for preorder and sold out already!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2015, 04:37:36 AM »
I didn't even try for best buy.  I thought it would be a disaster and I'd rather get a few hours of work in.  Nintendo just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2015, 05:26:13 AM »
I was on the phone talking with my mom last night and she mentioned that my dad had been out yesterday anyway, so he swung by the Best Buy near where he was to give it a look for me, since he didn't realize I was already trying my luck at the one near where I work (I work in a smaller city, he was in the big city). He didn't bother staying or even parking the car because apparently at 9:30am there was already a line/mass that he estimated was 30 to 40 people strong O_o

@Beryl - This is what worries me. Every place that has posted pre-orders so far have sold out within record time. I'm only after the Fire Emblem characters out of wave 4, and my fiance wants to grab Pac Man, but I'm worried that when they finally go live in the stores that they will sell out before I can even get there >_> I hope that with the west coast dock strike thingy finally wrapping up that this will lessen the amiibo strain.

@Milky - Anytime! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal