collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81035 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
Lil Mac was the only one I was able to find from the last 2 waves... Really disappointed in this whole deal.  I picked up a few macs to trade for other characters.  Nintendo I love you but your terrible.

Any one know if you can pre order the next wave yet?

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
I think what is also annoying (speaking of Target saying that they wont be replenishing Rosalina) is that Amiibo's only come four to a box when they are shipped. So apparently when a lot of stores get  what they call a shipment, they will sometimes only have four  figures (some of the mains like Mario they may get multiple boxes of, where others like Lucario if they only get one box that means they only have four figures to replenish stock with).

As of right now the wave 4 haven't gone up for pre-order in the US yet. But you can order the Super Mario Brothers set (which has Toad) from Gamestop.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:40 AM »
I bought Toon Lin kand Zelda at Walmart today! Was pleased to find them before they sold out! :-) My friend actually was stocking them and saved 2 for me befpre WHOOP! completely sold out of amiibos again... besides the 1 toppled over Peach no one wants xD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »
My daughter's Shiek came today! She looks awesome! This gives me hope that Walmart will pull through once Mega Man ships. Has anyone gotten a Mega Man in the mail yet?

Post Merge: February 10, 2015, 05:59:14 PM

I think what is also annoying (speaking of Target saying that they wont be replenishing Rosalina) is that Amiibo's only come four to a box when they are shipped. So apparently when a lot of stores get  what they call a shipment, they will sometimes only have four  figures (some of the mains like Mario they may get multiple boxes of, where others like Lucario if they only get one box that means they only have four figures to replenish stock with).

As of right now the wave 4 haven't gone up for pre-order in the US yet. But you can order the Super Mario Brothers set (which has Toad) from Gamestop.

I love Nintendo, but unless they get their act together I hope they never do anything like this again, cuz they royally suck at it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:59:14 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2015, 06:25:29 AM »
I love Nintendo, but unless they get their act together I hope they never do anything like this again, cuz they royally suck at it

I have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. 

Also, we're on what?  Wave 3 or 4 of the Amiibos and they still haven't figured out a better way to distribute them?

I feel like I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find Meta Knight, Dedede and Megaman in the next few weeks.  I was going to pre-order them a while back, but I had too much faith in Nintendo and thought they would've gotten things straight by now.   :yikes:
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
I am going to assume from this point forward they won't get their act together and just pre-order the ones I want ASAP. I am gonna try to be at my TRU before the doors open on Friday and try to get Sonic and maybe Ike. I picked up my Shulk pre-order (I ordered two so I wouldn't have so much guilt if I opened one, and if I got a wonk-faced one).  I wish we can use the Amiibos without opening item - i like their box packaging.

On a random note - anyone else have customize their Amiibos IRL with paint? I used to do it with Skylanders some years back, and i am intending on giving my Peach amiibo a "pearl white" dress. xD

Nintendo just really dropped the ball on amiibos. You think they'd have learned from how Skylanders and Disney Infinity handles their releases.

I'm not sure that Nintendo has really dropped the ball (I mean, they have, but I think at this point it is also intentional). I was speaking with some people at toys r us the other weekend about it and one said that Nintendo was being crazy, they could make so much more money if they made these things widespread like Skylanders, but my response was that they are being brilliant. If they were everywhere, easy to get, people would not be scrambling for them like they are (I mean, there was a group of us hanging around a toy store for an hour before they opened in the freezing cold just for a CHANCE to pick up an amiibo lol). They've created the artificial demand for their product by not having the supply to meet it, and being cryptic about any information regarding them. Just my opinion though :)
Oh I know what you mean. Part of me does think they are doing an artificial demand thing for the amiibo. Skylanders did it when they first came out (that "drought" they had for a long time). It is a smart business idea!
But they need to be careful, because it can backfire on them. People scrambled for them in the first place because of news of certain characters being discontinued and said characters barely had any sent to stores at the time.  And people now are getting mad because of how hard it is to get (or even pre-order) any of the new ones.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »
See, I wish I could go to these places early in the morning to wait in line, but... work says otherwise.  My fiance and I both work steady morning until afternoon jobs during the week, so it's just not logical for us to do anything like that.  That's why we don't do midnight releases for things, etc.  We just can't.  Unless it's during the weekend but I swear these things always happen during the week.  :mad:

Ooooh! But I just realized that my fiance is taking Friday off, and I don't work!  We can totally go out Amiibo hunting that morning!

On a lighter note...

I painted one of my Kirby Amiibos, and I plan on getting another Yoshi so I can paint it as well.  Honestly, with how common Kirby is, I'll probably buy a few more so I can at least paint each one to look like the different Smash Bros. skins he has.  I'd also like to get some clay and maybe make one or two of him with his various powers from his games.

Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
Hehe I saw your Kirby on your IG and meant to comment on it (I was at work at that moment). That's my favorite alt costume of him! :biggrin:

Kirby is kinda rare in my area, same with Yoshi. I would always see Peach, Mario, Link, and DK. Occasionally Pikachu and Luigi.

Hmm...if I can find a Yoshi before Monday, I may be able to custom paint him black as a surprise V-Day gift for my boyfriend since he'll be in town on Monday.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
My amiibo hunting tip! if you go early before a store opens, and no one is standing at the door, go stand at the door! When Lucario was released at Toys R Us I happened to have the day off, so I got there about 45min early. Not knowing any better, I sat in the car for awhile because a) it was really cold and b) I thought that there would be a multitude of the figure because it was their exclusive. When I saw other people pull in and start walking towards the door, I went ahead and walked up to the door too, but I was fifth in line. Despite being the first person in the parking lot, I didn't 'claim a spot'... they only got a box of four figures. It was so disheartening, but at least I can look at it as a learning experience.

So yes, don't be afraid to start a line even if no one is around :D And good luck to everyone who is hunting amiibo on Friday :)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2015, 08:53:59 PM »
While im shopping for valentinea day candy today, im going to go amiibo hunting! :D Im going to walmart soon, and at 9m Target then TRU after. Theres also a gamestop nearby, im really looking for shiek.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:16:47 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Ponykit

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »
I've only been seeing the same few at all of the places I've been. Just Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Zelda, Peach, and then sometimes Donkey Kong, Bowser and Samus.

I really want Pit, but I haven't seen him anywhere yet.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »

I really want Pit, but I haven't seen him anywhere yet.

I think we missed him! He was my #1 most needed Amiibo, but I think he came out around December and is long gone from stores. For a while he was listed on Entertainment Earth for pre-order, to be released January...but I pre-ordered and my pre-order magically turned into a backorder without notice. I'm just hoping for a re-release at this point. I cosplay Pit, I can't NOT have the Pit figure!

I did get Shiek and Toon Link today, though. But I'd had them pre-ordered at Gamestop.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2015, 01:54:45 AM »
Oh great, my hubster is now wanting to collect these! He has known about them since their release, but just NOW found out they are 3DS compatable and with other games besides SSB. On top of that, Sonic the Hedgehog is his favorite thing ever and he foundot about it *after* he went to Best Buy yesterday for some game shopping. He said he is mad because he would have looked for Sonic and Mega Man for me. So now... guess what HE wants to do!? Today we are going to a huge shopping center with Gamestops, two Targets, and Walmart, a Best Buy, and a Toys R Us. Yes, you heard mecorrect Cole want to go to Toys R Us for once in his life!!!! He swore up and down after how many times last year from pony shopping he was 100% done with Toys R Us.This is sooo exciting he is into something I really really like right now! In a little bit we are going up to a Walmart. I hope we find his Sonic but..... yeah I need like 100 4-leaf clovers.

I feel the SAME way about Pit!!! I really like him, but I totally missed his release and im kicking myself over it!!!! I thought all the new ones were to be released this month, not sooner back in Decemberish X_x I remember when amiibos first came out I looked everywhere for the Villager since Im an AC addict.... er fan. I also have a love/hate with Nintendo.... I wish their releases were more like Infinity: exclusive the first 6 months then a wide-rerelease at most retailers.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2015, 06:12:35 AM »
Oh great, my hubster is now wanting to collect these! He has known about them since their release, but just NOW found out they are 3DS compatable and with other games besides SSB. On top of that, Sonic the Hedgehog is his favorite thing ever and he foundot about it *after* he went to Best Buy yesterday for some game shopping. He said he is mad because he would have looked for Sonic and Mega Man for me. So now... guess what HE wants to do!? Today we are going to a huge shopping center with Gamestops, two Targets, and Walmart, a Best Buy, and a Toys R Us. Yes, you heard mecorrect Cole want to go to Toys R Us for once in his life!!!! He swore up and down after how many times last year from pony shopping he was 100% done with Toys R Us.This is sooo exciting he is into something I really really like right now! In a little bit we are going up to a Walmart. I hope we find his Sonic but..... yeah I need like 100 4-leaf clovers.

I feel the SAME way about Pit!!! I really like him, but I totally missed his release and im kicking myself over it!!!! I thought all the new ones were to be released this month, not sooner back in Decemberish X_x I remember when amiibos first came out I looked everywhere for the Villager since Im an AC addict.... er fan. I also have a love/hate with Nintendo.... I wish their releases were more like Infinity: exclusive the first 6 months then a wide-rerelease at most retailers.

You'd be better off looking tomorrow or sometime this weekend because Sonic and Mega Man's release date is tomorrow.  I'll be going out to look for them and King Dedede, fingers crossed!

Also, not sure if he knows, but there's going to be an add-on to the 3DS/3DSXL so Amiibos can be supported.  There's no word on when that's coming out though, although Smash Bros on the 3DS was just updated to add Amiibo support yesterday... so maybe soon.

Here's a handy release date guide for wave 3!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
Mega Man is being released tomorrow? Come oooon walmart pull through for me don't lemme down! *crosses fingers real hard*
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal