collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you collect if money and space was no issue?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What would you collect if money and space was no issue?
« on: July 15, 2023, 05:50:39 AM »
Besides ponies, of course! :lol:

I got lost on Amazon looking at all the awesome Playmobil sets they have. I had the 1980s zoo set and loved it so much. Now they have a huge collection of both zoo stuff and farm stuff. I'd definitely collect both of those. I'd need to dedicate a whole room to them.

I'd also expand on my bones/fossils/gemstones collection.

Cats. I'd collect cats.

Friesian horse stuff! I have a small collection now. Also tigers.

Video games.

Fish! I've always wanted to have a huge fish tank with oscars. I'd also have saltwater tanks.

Craft and art supplies. I do this now and I have far too much :lol:

Classic cars!

More animals like mini goats and chickens and attack geese.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: What would you collect if money and space was no issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 08:55:49 AM »
I would have more dogs. But i would probably need additional help. my husband thinks 2 is the perfect number. we have 3 :) but he might leave if he has 4+ dogs following him around all day. i would have cats too but he's super allergic. like he will die if he's around cats for too long allergic. so cats aren't an option :(

More My Little Ponies for sure.  I would try to collect all ponies and all gens.  Plus more Care Bears, LPS, and other toys from the 80s and 90s. maybe even some older ones just for fun :)

Shoes, handbags and vintage clothing. More nail polishes and makeup.

Old school media: I love books. I would love to have a dedicated library full of books with a couple of comfy chairs where i would hang out with my doggies and read. I have a good number of books now and a little reading area next to the guest bathroom. no comfortable chair though. just a little side chair.

I'm so sick of streaming services and not having any playable media if the internet is down. I want to get back into having physical DVDs and music.  my husband has a small record collection but we never had a record player.  i would like to get one and add some records of stuff I like. my parents had a huge collection of records but sadly they were in the bottom cabinets when our house flooded :( i used to play them when they weren't home and there's something about the sound of a record that Spotify doesn't provide.  I don't have a DVD player right now either. i sold my cd and DVD collections on eBay long ago. the state of the TV and movie industry in the US is beyond depressing. I would also love to have original gaming systems. definitely one of each Nintendo console and a bunch of games.

i would also love to collect mid century modern furniture too. most of the "real" stuff is way out of my price range and expensive furniture may not be compatible with having lots of dogs.  I would also like to collect more pretty glassware and dishes.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 01:35:08 AM »
Everything & anything!!! But especially more of the toys I grew up with, like a few Sindys & the big Sindy House, or some Flower Fairies & their accessories...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 07:07:09 AM »
If I had unlimited funds, I would build a MASSIVE facility for drug rehab and supervised living.  Then  I would start supporting animal sanctuaries.  Then I would start a laboratory for cellular agriculture.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 09:02:25 AM »
Hmm, maybe MLP video tapes. Just get a big collection of all the releases of the first two specials, at least. to compare the different versions :p and there's this anime drama CD that I would *love* to add to my collection, but it was only sold with this like $200+ Blu-Ray set and I can't justify it (I don't even HAVE a Blu-Ray player).

That's all that really comes to mind. Apart from "more of what I already collect", I suppose x)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 09:18:40 AM »
If I had unlimited funds, I would build a MASSIVE facility for drug rehab and supervised living.  Then  I would start supporting animal sanctuaries.  Then I would start a laboratory for cellular agriculture.

Yes. These are good things too. I would start a cat hospice and give to sanctuaries as well. I would also buy up wild land so it doesn't get developed.

I have an idea for a video game I would l start developing too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 10:31:15 AM »
More Lion King and dragon stuff.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 03:32:27 AM »
Books! I'd love a victorian library with ceiling high shelves and ladders to get to them. And a cosy reading corner by a roaring fire. Aaaand a reading corner by a window looking out to a lovley garden during the summer.

I would also like a room to display my shoes.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 11:29:54 AM »
Books! I'd love a victorian library with ceiling high shelves and ladders to get to them. And a cosy reading corner by a roaring fire. Aaaand a reading corner by a window looking out to a lovley garden during the summer.

I majorly got into reading this year, so this sounds dreamy!! I’m trying not to start another collection (no space for it!), so I mainly use the library, but somehow books are weaseling their way into my life. This would be awesooome.

But mostly, I’d like a studio and supplies for silversmithing.  :lovey:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 11:26:32 AM »
I'd definitely collect Little Ponies - I'd genuinely love to have at least the majority of the G1 line because that seemed like the most imaginative line, and I have a lot of appreciation for it, but I'd also collect the G3s (because they're beautiful, IMO and, as I have said, my favorite generation) and the G2s.

This may sound silly, but I'd actually like to be able to collect DVDs of cartoons and animated movies, partly because I'm doing an Animation Review Show on YouTube, and I'd just love to have easy access to whatever I want to review... and if it's something I give a negative review to, I don't have to feel awkward about how I've now admitted that I bought something I don't like, because money isn't an issue in this scenario! That being said, I'd also like to have all the cartoons and animated movies that I do like as a collection, both for my review show, and also because... well then I'd have them, and could watch them whenever I felt like it (there's also something nostalgic for me about having a physical DVD, cover and all, of a cartoon/animated movie that I love or at least like - I'd even love DVDs of cartoons/animated movies that are purely streaming in real life.)

Thinking of it, I'd also like to collect videogames and the appropriate consoles - again partly due to YouTube as I also do Let's Plays, so it would be good to just be able to go "Oh, I'll do some episodes of of that game today!" but also so I can just have those games to play whenever I felt like doing so.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2023, 11:02:21 PM »

I majorly got into reading this year, so this sounds dreamy!! I’m trying not to start another collection (no space for it!), so I mainly use the library, but somehow books are weaseling their way into my life. This would be awesooome.

But mostly, I’d like a studio and supplies for silversmithing.  :lovey:

I have three bookshelves and I would love to have space for more. As of now, I buy books and the ones I know I'm not gonna read again I give away. My husband got me a reading tablet so I can lend a book a week from the online library, but I read so fast that it's not enough. I easily read two or three books a week.. and i love the smell of new books! Thats something a tablet can't contribute to, lol.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2023, 09:15:50 AM »
I would have such a big farm with so many goats.

Realistically though probably Legos, my girlfriend loves them and it's been fun putting them together. Those bigger sets though are a bit pricey for me. At least realistically with my other collections, >_< it wouldn't work.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2023, 09:48:19 AM »
Wow, if nothing stood in my way I'd make sure everyone had a place to live and all basic needs met. 

As for collectables, I think it would be lots of vintage toys including My Little Pony.  Sylvanian families with all their playsets would be a dream.  I'd invite everyone to come play.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2023, 12:54:32 PM »
Views! Or rather... I'd love to invest in a series of tiny cabins with wonderful views around the world. And then take turns living in them. I just want to sit there and feel the calm and have my own space wherever I go. It does not have to be big at all, just like one room and cozy.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2023, 04:46:00 AM »
Carousel horses! I've always loved pretty carousel horses so if space and money wasn't an issue I would love to have a big collection.
I also visited "House on the rock" in Wisconsin about a month ago and that only further triggered my want for this, haha! :frolic:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal