collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Diamond painting thread 2.0  (Read 8471 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond painting thread 2.0
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 09:45:16 AM »
Thanks BC.  I didn't think of looking on Etsy.  I'll probably order the painting that I want from Diamond Art Club too.

I tried to join another diamond painting group on Facebook and yesterday the group page said my request was pending.  Today it's gone back to "join."  I answered all of the questions that were required, but now that it says "join" I wonder if my request to join the group was rejected because I didn't have enough of a certain brand of diamond art painting. One of the questions was how many of them do you own.  I thought that question was being asked just to make sure that the people trying to join the group actually have the brand the group talks about.  I buy a lot of my diamond art paintings at Hobby Lobby so I have a few different brands in my projects stash.   I'm not sure I want to be in a group anyway if you're not accepted because you don't have the "right kind" of diamond art.

Has anyone ordered from Dreamer Designs before?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 09:50:34 PM »
Sorry the Facebook groups are proving to be such a struggle Ponyfan! I didn’t realize there was so much uh….elitism around these Diamond painting kits. That’s crazy! I say just buy what you enjoy! Most kits are pretty good quality imo, the only bad sets are the ones I’ve tried from Amazon. :lol:

I think you should spring for the light box too! :) I know my eyes can start to hurt after a while working on these, so I do think that would help.

These are the first two kits I ever did! Extra image of the wolf and sheep on to show the size. That one was HUGE! It took me a few months to finish. It was my pandemic project a few years back. I’d love to get it framed someday, but the size alone makes it very expensive.

This is one of my Amazon ones

I mean, it’s okay, but the gradient in the sky is soooo clunky that it bugs me. That big white patch at the bottom has like, three different colors in it if you can believe it, but I personally don’t see any difference in the gems.

I got a pony one from Amazon for my birthday too. I thought I had a pic of it, but I guess I don’t, I’ll have to take one. I ended up doing a lot of my own design on that one because I didn’t like how it was turning out. I think I’m most proud of that since I “fixed” it lol!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 06:10:37 AM »
Ooh, those are beautiful! I can actually see the different white ones in the last pic, but i agree the sky blending isn't very good.

Ponyfan, I did a quick search on Etsy and there are tons of really cool kits :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 04:01:44 PM »
Minty_Magic, they are really wonderful!  :enthralled:

I would probably never be able to complete such a work as that Wolf and Sheep! :lol: It requires a lot of precision and good nerves! :wow:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 05:17:13 AM »
Minty_Magic, wow those are AMAZING! :heart: It's so fun doing the big ones isn't it? I need to order new ones so I'm set for autumn.

Ponyfan, that is so strange. I guess there are elitists and gatekeepers in every community.. Why not just let people enjoy it on their own terms. It's Diamond Painting, not brainsurgery.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2023, 03:18:47 PM »
Thank you everyone.  I agree that diamond painting should be fun and everyone should be able to enjoy it as they want. :D   There was more drama in one of the Facebook diamond painting group chats as someone decided to take a comment to keep things in line the wrong way and decided it was a personal attack against them. This led to the person verbally attacking others and when they were asked again to stop, they escalated the situation even further.

Miny Magic, your diamond paintings look great. :D  Wolf and Sheep is huge.  On my computer I see 2 colors in the white at the bottom.

I've been looking at some kits on Esty and Amazon.  I also want to order a few from Diamond Art Club as they have a pretty deal for first time customers.

Here's a pic of some of my diamond painting kits.  I have more , but these are the ones I could get to easily and take a picture of.  My mom sometimes picks out kits and asks me to do them for her, like the one in the black box you see in the pic.   Don't let the prices you see get to you.  I bought most of these when they were on sale. so I paid less than the  price you might see on the box.

I'll have to look at getting a light board.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2023, 04:15:21 PM »
Those look really nice! I like the lighthouse one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2023, 06:59:13 PM »
Thank you BC.  :)

I did order from Diamond Art Club.  There were a couple of things on the website that were a little confusing, but it's probably from someone not double checking that all of the pages on the site are up to date.  For example. in the FAQs it's stated that all of the orders ship from one state.  On my order confirmation page (I had to double check) another state was listed.  The state on the confirmation page matches where I got the shipping notice from.  It also said I would get an email from DAC when my order shipped, but I also got one from the shipper.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 07:08:56 PM »
My Diamond Art Club order came. :D  I haven't opened the box yet since I felt so bad yesterday and am being extra careful today to make sure I don't over do it. Hopefully I'll open it tomorrow.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2023, 12:08:47 AM »
I decided not to contiune with the replacement I got of me and John.. In the first we got he had very dark skin, so I made a complaint and got sent a replacement instead.. which made us orange.. I decided I prefered my husband in dark skin rather than orange.. please note the pics are a bit washed out.. they are darker and more colourful in real life.

vs

Autumn is approaching fast so I'm looking into pictures to send in to get new items to do. I have asked my husband if he wants to contribute but so far I have recieved nothing.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2023, 08:53:42 AM »
I agree, I like the darker one better. I hope you find suitable pics.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2023, 08:28:32 AM »
Yes, there are more details in the darker one as well. I sent an order for six pieces. They hade a 50% discount so I splurged a bit :blush:.

While waiting I just finnished this one. I bought it from a crafts store last year.. or the year before that. The beads are round and uneven, so it's been a bit of puzzling to make it fit. But now it's done and it became alright :).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2023, 03:10:43 PM »
I like the flowers.  :D

I've been wanting to get back to diamond painting for weeks, but since I am recovering from my medical procedure, I've been wary of doing it.  I usually do diamond painting on the kitchen table and there's some stretching and leaning over involved 

I bought a couple of small projects from Walmart last week.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2023, 05:09:34 PM »
Beldarna, that looks almost exactly like a cross stitch pattern I have! I haven't started it yet. It's beautiful :inlove:

Ponyfan, sorry you can't do it right now. I don't know how much room diamond painting takes up but maybe you can put a large book down on your lap or your bed and do a small one on it?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2023, 07:07:29 PM »
 I just got my first one of these! I found a kit at michaels this past weekend and just started it. It’s of the solar system  :sunny:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal