collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65579 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2023, 05:36:06 PM »
Beth3346, I too hope that it will soon be clear what is wrong with the dog!  :huh: :heart:

BC, One really tired here too! :zzz: I'd like to sleep all the time.. If I could, it would be interesting to try how long I could actually sleep. No alarm clock, no going anywhere, just me, the bed, darkness and silence.  :snore:

Despite the tiredness, the days go by quickly and I forget to write down the days' events here.  :blush:

Sunday was a nice day when my brother visited us with his children and spouse. :heart:
My niece had put makeup on her eyes. Black eyeliner. It was the first time I saw makeup on her eyes. She is 10 years old. I couldn't recognize her at first. I "wondered" where my little girl was and who she was.  :lol:
My brother still has a bad cough and so does my mother. (They got the flu at Christmas time) My brother's spouse only has a runny nose. My spouse and I didn't get the flu. It was truly a miracle.

On Wednesday afternoon, I tried out new black markers. They have different types of thin tips. Now I might finally be able to do the outlines better.  :)

Nothing worth mentioning has happened in these other days... And probably not tomorrow either.
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2023, 10:17:51 AM »
I would love to sleep for more than one or two hours at a time. I can sleep for 15 but I wake up a lot. I can't sleep in silence, well, I live next to a major road with lots of traffic, have loud neighbors and inconsiderate people blasting terrible music in their cars. I have to have a fan on or even a white noise machine. The only time it's quiet is around 4am. Sometimes I get up just to enjoy the quietness.

I've been busy today. Here's a peek at what I'm working on. I'm jumping from project to project while waiting for paint or glue to dry or whatever.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The orange pony with the gold hair is waiting on perm rods to get her hair curled. They're not coming until the 24th. In the back is my cordyceps pony, a mimic of a real horse I saw a picture of online, his markings and colors were so unique. Next to him is another realistic horse, he needs leg feathers. In the front is the sparkly winged unicorn, one half of my Easter/Spring customs, a basket I made from jute twine and two bunny heads. They will have bodies eventually :P The other pony, who I need to airbrush, will get baby chick friends :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »
the vet checked her mouth but didn't really see much. she thinks that the skin infection may be causing more inflammation in her mouth. i think the new medication is helping. she didn't whine during the night last night. yesterday i took her over to my parent's house. she has excited to see them. we also met their neighbor's dog, who is also named Luna. She was very sweet.

today just more work. i need to do some cooking too. i've also been slacking on my exercise so i need to get back to that.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2023, 02:59:02 PM »
BC, wow, you have a lot of wonderful ponies in the making there!  :art:
Those bunny heads are cute... at first I thought they were bunny slippers for the pony!  :lol:
That parasitic fungus pony looks really interesting!  :ohyeah: The orange pony is really beautiful! :heart:
It's great that you have that many ponies to work on.  :)
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2023, 11:48:48 PM »
BC WOW!!! That lot will keep you busy, & I look forward to the results xxx
Beth I do hope Jessie gets better, & I'm glad she & Luna had a good time with their friend & your folks xxx
HOM glad you had a good time with family, & that you found some nice markers xxx

Ordered batteries, including ones which fit my doorbell (the bell itself; the receiver runs on standard AAs), because I missed a parcel!!! I have a doorbell because it's hard for me to hear knocking on my door from my living room, especially if I'm playing something with noise in it, so making sure the doorbell works is essential.
Will need to do laundry again as my underwear bag is growing full... Also need to stop knitting long enough to bake again. At least I have cash in my wallet (folks' Christmas money for me) so have been using it when shopping locally. I have a new debit card too so will have to update stuff re that. Otherwise just quietly knitting & stuff (more on the knitting later, but I take breaks from the big projects by doing simple things like Pony capes & jumpers)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #590 on: January 20, 2023, 04:57:41 AM »
Thanks!

Today the junk guy is coming :cheer: He's going to give me an estimate after looking at my pile and if I agree he'll start right away. Inspections are on the 31st so I'm super glad he was able to come so soon. It should cost about 125 according to the website.

I'll be working more on the customs. The speckled horse just needs hair and the second batch of fungus needs to be painted and attached to the cordyceps pony. I want to do some work on the winged Unicorn too. I'm making a tutorial while I work on the wings.

Last but not least, I see my therapist at 2pm. It's been a month!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2023, 06:52:39 AM »
those wings are amazing!

every morning i log into my work computer early to see what my meeting schedule looks like. then i immediately forget and have to check again. at least it's Friday. this was a short week and everyone at work seems exhausted. i'm exhausted. it's been a rough time to be a software developer.

today work work work. then hopefully we'll get something for dinner so i don't have to cook.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2023, 08:01:12 AM »
My junk pile is GONE :cheer:  :frolic:  :happy:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 20, 2023, 02:12:25 PM »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 21, 2023, 05:20:55 AM »
HAIRCUT HAIRCUT. My scalp is too angry for the really sharp trimmer so I've just gone for a super short trim and will go back in 3 weeks hopefully when the skin is calmer. Gotta repot the baby chillies now my perlite is FINALLY here

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #595 on: January 21, 2023, 05:27:43 AM »
I should have cleaned out my fridge and freezer before he came, but it's okay. My niece is back in town and she has a truck and can help with the regular garbage. AND I had two empty boxes yesterday (small ones) and I cut them up and put them in the trash. This complex doesn't have any recycling. It's just a big trash compactor and everything goes in. It really bothered me when I first moved in because I've been recycling all my life. Seriously, my mom bought me a can crusher for like my 9 birthday.

Anyway, if I could drive I would take it to the recycling center, but I can't and my niece doesn't want to go all the way out there every time she does my garbage. So. I live with throwing everything away. I feel for the amount I have recycled, and everything else I've done and do to help the planet makes up for it.

Today is more arts and crafts, more ponies. One is finished :cheer: I just need to take pics. Since I finished a project I get to start a new one. I'm making a bakery stand out of lollypop sticks for my miniatures :) I think I can finish the cordyceps pony today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2023, 10:43:06 PM »
I got the laundry done!!! I also had another attempt at making veggie burgers; still mushy, despite flax AND oats in there. I think the problem is I need to use butter instead of oil. More knitting.

BC I saw the Pony!!! And it's a shame you can't get to the recycling place without transport... I'd love to see this bakery stand!!!
Frostbite I hope your scalp gets better xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #597 on: January 22, 2023, 06:21:39 AM »
I got some SLEEP :faint: Deep sleep too, I had lots of dreams including one with Mousie in it :heart:

More crafting today! I need to put the bakery stand on hold since I can't cut the lolly sticks cleanly. I thought I could do it with my big wire cutters but they can't cut all the way through. I need a little miter saw, luckily I found one on Amazon and it's under 20 bucks. Then I had the thought for the cutest miniature and I'm really excited about it... but it's a secret! :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 23, 2023, 08:52:59 AM »
Congrats on finishing another Pony!!! And that happens sometimes; you have to work with what you've got xxx

I baked!!! I made cinnamon rolls & baked cookies while they proofed!!! Then I baked the rolls!!! More knitting in between & rotating the laundry until I can get working on sorting it

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 25, 2023, 01:01:19 AM »
Update Wednesday
Along with more knitting, I went to coffee & also topped up at shop on food & electric. Fairtrade stall was back & so was friend who runs it. Bought a load of stuff & saw her new tin in use, while I had a good chat with her. Got more packages on order but none arrived yet

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal