collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 390 times)

RaphLuna

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi Everyone
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:04:50 AM »
When I was a kid my sister and I use to watch the old My Little Pony  cartoons, we  had a few ponies from our childhood..

BlueBerry Basket was my favorite pony. why ?

Blue was my favorite Color
and Blue berries are my favorite berries.

sadly the program ended, yet we kept our ponies to remind us of the fun and joyful memories our childhood,

as we got older times changed, and cartoons changed too.

never bothered much with ponies, until I had kids, and they started to Watch MLP FIM. my daughters favorite pony pinkie pie. she is so full of life.

seeing them happy to watch MLP, brought back memories for me. going through some old boxes I found the box of old ponies I had when I was a kid,  Brought them out for my daughters to play with. They loved them. for my youngest daughter she likes the Mom Quackers and her baby Quackers. My oldest did not fussy them she said Pinkie Pie better. however my two girls did not fussy them either, however they did  like the baby ponies that say happy birthday, they also like the glow in the dark ones too.

Seeing my youngest playing with the old ponies i had when i was a kid, 

decided to stay Up late at night, browsing the web  for the old pony programs I use to watch when I was a kid..found the old tv series, bought it, and when they arrived played the show to my kids. my oldest like the new program better, my 2 girls  did not fussy it howeve4 my youngest loved the show, her favorite was the flutter ponies. I had one flutter pony however sadly her wings broke off 

looked online to try and find a place where people had their old ponies and know ways to fix ponies. I found this web sight. so I joined.

what brought me back to ponies, was my youngest daughter love of the old ponies...

found this website, so I joined, hopefully I can find a pair of flutter wings for the flutter pony .

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I absolutely love the G1 cartoon! The comics are great too. Blueberry Baskets is a great pony :) There are actually a lot of websites about ponies! My Little Wiki is a great one for identification and general knowledge and Mlp Preservation Project is great for restoration :) Also, if you need help with restoration or anything pony, you can ask in the Pony Corral. There are lots of knowledgable pony people here! Oh, and people do make replacement wings for flutter ponies. Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you have fun here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
Welcome to the arena! I am happy to hear that your daughters love ponies also! Just be careful cause you might want to collect them again! :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!
How neat that you and your daughter have ponies to bond over!

RaphLuna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:42 AM »
Thank You everyone.

yes my daughter just loves the ponies, they are colorful, unique, and she uses her little brothers Lego Duplo to build them homes, the Lego Duplo animals are the ponies friends.

not to worry she is 8 and very careful and responsible with toys, she does not let her older brother take them outside because she knows he has a bad habit of tossing toys in trees.

I will check out the corral, maybe they have tips on how to fix broken flutter wings. or at least find someone who makes them or have a spare set to sell... can not remember the rest of the ponies I had in the old bin, they been in that old bin for years, there are only a few I remember.. there are some tall skinny ones with swirls on them, baby ponies with their body plastered in cutie marks. ponies with wands, long hair ponies, ponies with funny hats, ponies that move their heads.. you think I should check out Wiki to identify them ? well if it help out with their names. OK... will check it out when I get the time.

Hugs and thank you all for the kind welcome to the community..

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »
You mentioned ponies with happy birthday on. Just a tip, if they're the ones I think they might be, they could be valuable. If they're two little babies, one pink and one yellow with balloons and happy birthday as their symbol...I suggest you keep them safe. :) They sound like Sugarcake and Gametime.

Also, baby ponies with symbols stretched all across their bodies may be twice as fancy babies. If you remember having any ponies through mail order as a kid, it might be worth identifying what you have so you know what you are dealing with. The two with birthday balloons are rarer than the twice as fancy babies, but still sought after.

I am not suggesting you sell them. Just want you to make sure you know who you have :) Wiki will help you ID them for sure. But we can also help if you have trouble tracking them down. Sounds like you have quite a range :) I suspect some Colorswirls, Brush n Grows, Princess Ponies perhaps with the wands...and maybe peekaboo babies? Those may be good places to begin if you haven't already?

Otherwise, happy to hear your kids are into ponies (it doesn't matter which ones they like best xD all ponies are as good as each other at the base, right?). Blueberry Baskets is also very pretty. Unfortunately we didn't have her in the UK when I was a kid, but I had Cherry Treats from the same set and I remember the strong perfume!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

It's so exciting that you and your daughter can bond over ponies and watch the shows together :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal