collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Talk Disney Movies / Themeparks / etc!  (Read 3849 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Let's Talk Disney Movies / Themeparks / etc!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »
THERE IS A DISNEY SWAP WHEERREE!!!!??? OMG. My ENTIRE life is revolved around Disney!!!! Fun fact- I was concieved after Beauty and the Beast. :nod: Both my parents- ESPECIALLY my dad are HUGE Disney people!!!

Mkia9 and I are doing one together (private swap) for Halloween (good candy and then all the extras are Disney related.) So I've had Disney on the brain a lot and decided to make this thread. Sorry for the false alarm. :lol: I'd happily do something like that with you in the future if you like, though. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »
This seems like useful info for swaps!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
ladybastilla- i would so be down for a Disney Swap, private or group! :frolic:

Eeek! I need tp add Treasure Planet to my lists! xD How could I forget thar one!?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:23:06 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »
1. Possibly the little mermaid
2. Three way split--the little mermaid, lion king and Pocahontas.  I also remember liking 101 dalmations and Cinderella. And Beauty and the Beast.
3. hum.....Ariel maybe? Nala is a close second
4. I don't think I can answer this. Above from the top few, I like Aladdin, Brave..
5.It changes depending on my mood.  Ariel, tinkerbell, Jasmine, Merida...
6. Oh..Hum..Ursula.
7.That depends on generation.  I would say the lion king growing up, and Frozen now.  Why? They get stuck in your head!
8.The opening from the lion king though there are more :)
9.  Yes--we were able to go to WDW in 2008.  I think my fondest memory was space day.  We went ot Epcot to quickly go on Soarin' before heading to one of the waterparks and while in line I got the tap on the shoulder from an Employee..hich pretty much meant we were staying put >> (It was the year of the wish come true thing).  I went to try to go to mission :space after that but it was shut down--the astronauts were there doing interviews but there was a Q&A session later that day.   We stuck around and I was actually able to fire off a question (AND I found a youtube link to it which is kind of o.0).  I wanted to go into astrophysics so it was pretty special!

10. Im sorry--if im going to florida, it will be for more then a day.  Ill have the pass to go to whatever park I want while im there ;)
11.Probably the jungle book.  I ws a cub scout as a kid :) Fantasia as well.
12.Sleeping Beauty ._. I don't know why but I hated it.
13. Im not sure..ive seen most of the ones growing up.  I haven't seen 'up' yet though :) Oh, I haven't seen princess and the frog either :)
14. All I remember was seeing Beauty and the Beast on Ice as a kid.  I cant answer this.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:45:26 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »
Squee, great topic! I absolutely heart Disney! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1. What is the first Disney movie you remember watching?

Toughie. As a preschooler-kindergarten I remember watching The Little Mermaid, The Brave Little Toaster, Cinderella, and Bedknobs & Broomsticks. So... no idea which one was the first. *Facepalm*

2. What was your favorite Disney movie as a kid?

101 Dalmatians. I must have gone through 2 copies of it on VHS as a kid.

3. Who was your favorite Disney character as a kid?

I don't remember if I had an exact favorite or not. *Facepalm*

4. What is your favorite Disney movie now?

Currently it's a tie between Tangled and Frozen. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

5. Who is your favorite character now?

Too many to list! xD Seriously, I could spend all day listing them all, so I'm not going to bother to try.

6. Who is your favorite Disney villain?

Maleficent has always been my number one favorite. Hades from Hercules is a close second.

7. Which Disney movie do you think has the best music?

In my opinion, the following movies have the best music... Tarzan, Dinosaur, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mary Poppins, and Bambi.

8. What's your favorite Disney song?

Too many to list! xD

9. Have you been to any of the Disney parks? Do you have a favorite memory you'd like to share?

I've been to Walt Disney World a total of 4 times in my youth. The first time was in 1996; my family won a 3-night, 4-day trip there (I was in the 5th grade then). Obviously we didn't have enough time to do everything and we ended up falling in love with the place, so we came back in 1997 during the resort's 25th Anniversary celebration. We came back again in 1998 and this time we brought my grandma along (but she wasn't too impressed). Our last trip was in 2000, right when I was starting high school.

Out of all those trips, our second trip -- during the resort's 25th Anniversary celebration -- was the one I remembered the most fondly. It was a very magical trip, I still get chills just hearing the "Remember the Magic" song (plus it evokes the memory of my mom and I participating in the Remember the Magic parade; we volunteered to play Simon Says with Aladdin's Genie, though I wished that we volunteered to dance with Cinderella instead). If I could go back in time for anything, it would be to relive the magic that was Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary celebration. *Dreamy sigh*

10. If you got the chance to go to a Disney park now, which one do you think you'd pick and what would you most want to do there?

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE JUST ONE!!!

*Clears throat*

It's obvious that I want to go back to Walt Disney World, as they have made soooooo many changes since I was last there; I especially want to see the New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. I would also like to go to the original Disneyland in California, just to see what it's like (and compare/contrast it to Walt Disney World). Lastly, sometime before I die, I would really love to go to both Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, especially Disneyland Paris as they have the most beautiful Disney castle out of all the Disney parks in the world.

What's your favorite underrated Disney film? (Credit: Bekuno)

There's quite a handful of underrated Disney movies that are among my favorites, but my all-time favorite underrated Disney movie is The Black Cauldron. True, it is a bit on the dark side and isn't the most faithful adaptation of Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain books (which I've yet to read in their entirety), but... I love it. Eilonwy and Gurgi are my favorite characters from that movie.

What Disney film did you not like growing up? (Credit: Bekuno)

The ones that I cannot stand are Wreck-It Ralph, Valiant and A Bug's Life.

New Question!: Is there any Disney film that you haven't seen but would like to?

Oh trust me, there are tons of Disney movies -- mostly the older ones that I'm sure the majority of you haven't even heard of -- that I haven't seen but want to see. Some of the ones that I haven't seen but would like to see are... So Dear to My Heart, The Sword and the Rose, The Living Desert, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, The Vanishing Prairie, Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier, The African Lion, Davy Crockett and the River Pirates, Perri, Jungle Cat, The Monkey's Uncle, Charlie the Lonesome Cougar, The Cat from Outer Space, The Watcher in the Woods, Tron, Brother Bear, all the Chronicles of Narnia movies, Enchanted, both National Treasure movies, Wall-E, Bolt, Up, Tron Legacy, Brave, Frankenweenie, Monsters University, The Lone Ranger, Saving Mr. Banks, Into the Woods, the new live-action Cinderella, and Tomorrowland.

New Question: What are your favorite Disney on Broadway songs that were written/found for the musical but not in the original film (Credit: Ponyfan)

I've only heard a couple songs from the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast -- "Home" and "If I Can't Love Her." I can't say that they're my favorite songs, though.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone said they liked the movie Thumbelina, and pardon me for going all full-on Disney nerd here, but... Thumbelina is not a Disney movie. The guy who made it, Don Bluth, used to work for Disney but left the company (which explains why the movie had a Disney feel to it). If I recall correctly, Thumbelina was released on VHS by Warner Brothers Entertainment when I was a kid. So... please... no offense when I point out what movies are Disney and which ones are not, because believe me I'm a total Disney nerd and have spent a lot of years learning about Walt Disney and the movies Disney has made, so I cannot help it when I see/hear people claiming a movie is Disney when it's not and want to correct their mistake (a lot of people on the internet are especially notorious in claiming that Anastasia is a Disney movie). So please, don't get angry with me whenever I point out that such-and-such movie isn't made by Disney.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:07:08 AM by CadePony »

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
Yes, that is true. Thumbelina was not done by Disney. On a brighter note, "Let Me Be Your Wings" is one of my favorite songs from a non-Disney animated film. (Right behind "Toxic Love" from Fern Gully.) But now I'm both rambling and derailing my own thread. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
Let Me Be Your Wings is also one of my favorite non Disney Songs.

I thought of another question but by the time I thought of it I'd already answered the other questions. Can I add my question now?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »
Let Me Be Your Wings is also one of my favorite non Disney Songs.

I thought of another question but by the time I thought of it I'd already answered the other questions. Can I add my question now?

Ponyfan

Absolutely. :)

Swap Wishlist

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »
I don't remember but my mom said she took me to see the 101 Dalmatian live action in theaters when I was about 2. It might have been lion king since it came out the year I was born.

Little mermaid that or treasure planet

Ariel

Big hero 6 or maleficent

Does sora from kindgom hearts count? I'm always a sucker for Marie

The one from princess and the frog

Lion king

This is so hard!! Just can't wait to be king?

9. Have you been to any of the Disney parks? Do you have a favorite memory you'd like to share?

Nope, I'd like to go but I have bad anxiety around children

10. If you got the chance to go to a Disney park now, which one do you think you'd pick and what would you most want to do there? 

Paris because I heard they have face characters of the Aristocats

What's your favorite underrated Disney film?

Treasure planet doesn't get enough love

What Disney film did you not like growing up?

Fantasia

Is there any Disney film that you haven't seen but would like to?

Inside out honestly is the only one I can think of I haven't seen

New Question: What are your favorite Disney on Broadway songs that were written/found for the musical but not in the original film

I haven't seen any of the broadway shows but I have heard the cast preform the opening of lion king though it's in the movie I have to say it's till amazing

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »
Happy to see so much love for Treasure Planet and The Black Cauldron!!! I'm glad I added in that question now  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »
What Disney Channel films that stands out to you? I really like the first Zenon movie.

Here's my other question: What's your favorite Disney TV Series

I'll say Duck Tales. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 07:32:06 PM »

This one's going to be tough, since I can't really remember my early childhood well, but the earliest one that comes to mind is Oliver & Company. I was 5 or 6, maybe.

Probably Aristocats or Oliver & Company. I really wanted a cat as a kid, but couldn't get one, so I would watch movies with cats in them.

I don't know if I really had one. Maybe Herbie? I remember watching that movie more than once as a child.

The Little Mermaid

It's kind of a toss-up between Ariel and Rapunzel. They have kind of similar personalities and are both incredibly adorable.

Mother Gothel

The Little Mermaid

I'm tied between 'Part of Your World' and 'Hellfire' (which is probably the most metal name for a Disney song ever)

I've been twice when I was very young, but the first time I have almost no recollection of and very little of the other. But I do remember liking Epcot.

I'd go to Magic Kingdom to meet some of the face characters and go on the rides.

What's your favorite underrated Disney film?

Hunchback of Notre Dame. I had no idea how dark that movie got until I saw it as an adult.

What Disney film did you not like growing up?

Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and, ironically, The Little Mermaid.  Because they were girls' movies, and girls were icky and dumb. This may have been my exact reasoning verbatim.

Is there any Disney film that you haven't seen but would like to?

I've never actually seen Frozen all of the way through. That, Inside Out, and Princess and the Frog, are ones I've been meaning to see.

You know, if it weren't for Disney movies, I probably wouldn't be into MLP today.  I remember at one point when I was 16, and I was watching The Little Mermaid TV series, out of curiosity, I think. It took a little while to admit to myself that I actually liked it, and after that I watched the movie again and loved it. Then I started watching other Disney movies, mostly the fairy-tale adaptations, since those are usually their best work.  I was into Disney Princesses for a while, since they were really likeable and relatable in a couple of ways, not to mention cute.

So when I first came across FiM, I wasn't hesitant to check it out because it was My Little Pony, considering I was a 20-year old man that liked Disney Princesses.  And it all went from there.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 09:07:06 PM »
O/T but "Let me Be Your Wings" was also sung by the voice of Ariel.  :D

What Disney Channel films that stands out to you?

Um...  High School Musical?  :blush:  Actually, I'm going to say Susie Q.  Justin Whalin was in that one, so it was my favorite during my late junior high/early high school days.

Here's my other question: What's your favorite Disney TV Series

Darkwing Duck!  :D
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 06:14:15 AM »
Oooo my favorite Disney tv series!? Hmmm I have GOT to say PB&J otter! xD Dont judge! LOL! I also liked Lilo and Stitch the series, because I just love Angel! :heart:

Eeeek I keep day dreaming about going back to Disney World for next year! :squee: I read downtown Disney has tsum tsums!!! Also with DTD I found out if you get married at Disney you can wear wedding dresses there- but not into the parks! Hmmm in 2020 I might do that and get pictures taken!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
Goodness, no need to go all out 'this isn't Disney!' on me.  The last ive seen the movie, I was a kid, and I could have sworn it had the Disney logo at the start.  A simple 'MA, you may be remembering wrong, its actually ___' would have been more then fine.

ETA: You know what, ill remove it and replace it with Fantasia instead.  We get caught up with a lot of the 'princess' movies that we sometimes forget about classic Disney and nothing is more Whimsical then Mickey and broomsticks :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:44:58 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal