collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you pack your ponies to mail them?  (Read 458 times)

Sandti

• Trade Count: (0)
How do you pack your ponies to mail them?
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
Hey, I'm not sure if this in the right forum but how do you guys package your Ponies up to send?

I am gonna start trying to sell and stuff and I'm not sure how to package them up to send.

If you could show me pictures and such that would help <3

Thanks xx

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: How do you pack your ponies to mail them?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »
I don't have any pictures.. But for a pony that is not customized, I just put them in a padded envelope. They arrive for me that way just fine, so i figure they ship for me just fine. If it is a lot of ponies that are not customized, they go in a box. If they move in the box, the box gets some stuffing.

If it is a customized pony.. It goes in a box and is padded carefully, firmly, and securely. If it has sculpting, the pony is put inside a plastic back, then swaddled in newspaper to cushion all sculpted bits, and the box is packed as securely as possible with packing peanuts or lots of wadded up old plastic grocery bags.

I saw a technique about suspension packing.. Basically you fill the box partway with packing material, then fill it the rest of the way up to the ponies head, leaving space between the head and the top of the box, and tape down all the bags inside. Ive never done it that way before though myself.

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: How do you pack your ponies to mail them?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
A padded envelopes is good for uncustomised ponies and customs that don't have any delicate parts. Complex customs, like corseted and pegasus all get posted in a good solid box with tons of bubble wrap. I always close the box and shake it, if I hear any movement in there, it gets repacked. I use the boxes you can get in the Card Factory, they're pretty too:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal