collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 65234 times)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
Sarahlacewing... I am with you on the post baby thing!  My son is almost two and I feel like I still have the flabby belly, and it won't go.  I feel like jello in that area!  Meanwhile, my arms are toned due to him being so clingy and wanting me to carry all 27lbs of him everywhere!  As for weaning... I have nothing since I weaned my son.  Sad how that works, huh? 

I've decided to start on my workout goals this week already!  I met yesturday's, and today's is close.  I've actually decided to stop eating unhealthy breakfast cereals and stick to oatmeal or rice, cream of wheat, eggs, that sort of thing.  Maybe I can get the rest of my family on board, too.  Right now, we're all cerealaholics!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
I may join in on this, have to see how things go tomorrow at the cardiologist!

I started in October at 233 and I'm at 206 and going slow and steady!  Good luck to all!

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: I was 105kg (231lb) at Christmas time.
I was sick between Christmas & New Year & I lost about 3kg in that week :/
On New Years day I was 101.8kg (224lb)
8th Jan: 99kg (218lb)
15th Jan: 96.5kg (213lb)
22nd Jan:95kg (209lb)
hopefully I will have lost a little bit more by the start date of P4P (that's Pounds for Ponies LOL) on 30th Jan.

Measurements using tape measure - I took these on Jan 1st, will measure again on 30th Jan
Chest: 119cm (46.8")
Waist: 102cm (40.2")
Hips: 123cm (48.4")

GOALS
1.) What is your goal weight?
Long term goal is 65kg (143lb)
2.) What are your goal inches?
not sure at this stage, by body has taken on a weird shape since I've had kids.....
3.) What habits do you want to break?
I have stopped eating food that is just absolute junk like: chocolate, cake, lollies, chips, pastry, sweet biscuits, icecream (and also stopping pasta for a while, I was eating way too much of that stuff)
4.) What habits do you want to develop?
Try to eat 3 balanced meals per day, no snacking all day on junk food.

PLAN1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)? 
I have started the C25K program.
For those who don't know - it it "Couch to 5 kilometre" running program.
I am up to week 4 of the 9 week program & going well so far.
It involves running 3 times per week for around half an hour.

2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition?
Bulking up meals with salad/vegetables
eat lean unprocessed meats
drink lots of water

WHY
Well that is obvious - because I am a big fat fatty & I need not to be!
I want to be a positive role model for my kids, and be healthy & active & enjoy their lives with them.
I also want to do it to feel better within myself, which I already do feel a bit better, it's been much easier to get up in the mornings lately.

Really looking forward to starting P4P! & having other people to share this with! yay!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 145 (average, fluctuates up to 155 depending on how much water I retain)

Measurements using tape measure:
Chest: 34"
Waist: 37"
Hips: 40

GOALS
half inch off bust, 2" off waist, 2" off hips.
Daily chocolate bar intake, 1/4 of a bar instead (gotta be realistic!).
Eating an apple a day. I need a bit more love for fresh fruit and fresh veggies.

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)? This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.
Monday 30-35 mins cardio-walk/running, 5 mins stretch, nightly lifting 3lb weights for approx 5 mins
Tuesday 30-35 mins cardio-walk/running, 5 mins stretch, nightly lifting 3lb weights for approx 5 mins
Wednesday 30-35 mins cardio-walk/running, 5 mins stretch, nightly lifting 3lb weights for approx 5 mins
Thursday 30-35 mins cardio-walk/running, 5 mins stretch, nightly lifting 3lb weights for approx 5 mins
Friday 30-35 mins cardio-walk/running, 5 mins stretch, nightly lifting 3lb weights for approx 5 mins
Saturday Wii Sports, boxing, 20 mins of serious upper body/cardio
Sunday Wii Sports, 20 mins any game just for fun, really need 1 light day a week to give legs a break

(I have Costochondritis that flares up [never heard of it? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626] this is very painful, and keeps me from doing any type of serious weight lifting w/repitive arm motion. Sometimes 3 lbs makes me sore.)

Daily B complex vitamin, more water. No soda, not even my occasional sip, less chocolate, smaller portions...

WHY
What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?
After being sick for a year with a seriously nasty sinus infection that needed surgery there's no excuse to not get back into shape! Plus, if I don't walk the ankle I rolled 3 years ago it gets tight and hurts something aweful. I want to fit into pants I wore 5 years ago! I just hope that I can feel better in general. I've never been a runner and would like to be able to run for more than 200 feet without keeling over and dying. (j/k about the dying thing.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:37:55 PM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Sarahlacewing... I am with you on the post baby thing!  My son is almost two and I feel like I still have the flabby belly, and it won't go.  I feel like jello in that area!  Meanwhile, my arms are toned due to him being so clingy and wanting me to carry all 27lbs of him everywhere!  As for weaning... I have nothing since I weaned my son.  Sad how that works, huh? 

It's like you are me.  *looks at self* And I feel like I was smokin' hot before too.  And I mean I know I don't need to impress anyone.  I am married I don't need to be like crazy good looking person.  But *pats poor chest* it really slugs your confidence in the teeth.  :hug:

I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
I'm in!

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 185

Measurements using tape measure -
Chest: 42"
Waist: 33 1/2"
Hips: 42"

GOALS
I look and feel my best at around 140.  Oddly, anything lower than that looks unhealthy on my body. (I'm muscular.)
I want my 27" waist back, definitely.  The chest and hips probably aren't going anywhere. :)
I need to stop stress-snacking!
Eating actual meals so that stuff sits in my system longer, lessening my need to graze all day on unhealthy things.  Oh, and I need to stop making excuses not to exercise!

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following: I don't really have a "program"!  I plan to work out at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.  I am going to keep detailed records of what I eat each day, and I will try to keep it all under 1600 calories, but at least 1200 (my doctor has greenlighted this calorie range for me.)  I guess that's my program?

As I said ... actual meals!  I rarely eat breakfast and usually just scarf down some semblance of lunch.  The rest is just grazing on unhealthy processed food.  I'm a vegan, but I've been doing way too much processed food lately out of convenience.  This is stopping.  More whole foods will be eaten.  Vegetables and fruit are going to be the staples, with some good proteins thrown in for hunger control (nuts, beans, etc.)

WHY
What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?

I used to be quite thin.  I lost over 120 lbs before, and that was quite an accomplishment for me.  After having my son, I have had a lot of trouble with weight due to medication (I have lupus), stress, and lack of sleep (not due to my son at all, but due to me trying to keep busy busy busy.)  I had my weight down a little bit, but after I weaned my son I started gaining some back due to the metabolism change.  I want to wear my old clothing and I want to be in shape again like I was before.  I want to be back in my "fighting" weight as I want to rejoin the rugby world in city league, and I need to be able to keep up.  That, and I just want to feel positively about what I see in the mirror.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:51:31 PM by Eviecorn »

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Weight: 178

Chest: 34"
Waist: 31.5"
Hips: 46"

GOALS
I want to fit in my pants from last year! so about 160-165
43 hips... 30 waist
I need to eat less junk and drink less dew.
more water! i drink almost no water and that's BAD!!!!  (but the water here at college is gross! yucky corroding pipes!)

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.
I want to drink 8 glasses of water a day, ddr 3x per week and visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Monday -5 min workout and ddr
 Tuesday- 5 min workout
 Wednesday- same as mon
 Thursday- same as tues
 Friday -same as mon
 Saturday- same as tues
 Sunday -day off!

try to eat healthier in the cafeteria... aka stay away from hot dogs, burgers, grilled cheese and the like.  cut back on mt dew... i only drink 1/day but still... too much.

WHY
I have been through a lot this past year and gained a lot from stress and pigging out.  I don't want my weight from 2 summers ago because i now am curvy and will never lose that much, but i want to be healthier. I want to fit in my pants.  I want to wear clothes other than my tees (although that may not be possible with my new "curves".. ^__^)  I want to feel better about myself and not feel gross.  I also have a family history of obesity and diabetes and i dont want to start out young with that kind of stuff so im nipping it in the bud. This is really just good motivation and help to get me going and keep going... i hope!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:20:18 AM by hlbmlp »
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
Why not? I need some motivation to get my arse into better shape.
Height: 6'4" (194cms)
Weight: 270 pounds (125kgs)

Measurements using tape measure
Chest: Male?
Waist: 44.
Hips: N/A.

GOALS

I honestly can't set a goal weight. I'm so big I have no idea what I'd weigh if I were lean. When I was really into strength training (which I haven't actively done in about 5 years), I weighed 280 with an 18% body fat. So, I'll set a BF% goal of 14%. Right now, I know I'm sitting at 20%+. Haven't actively trained in about three months, and my diet went to crap during that time, orz.
I don't have any, really. Again, I'm so damned big that I don't think anything below a 40" waist is possible, and that's assuming I get really lean. I'm not expecting to get lean.
Eating what I can afford rather than what I need. I don't eat anything that's overtly bad for you, but I don't eat well. I need to get some protein in my diet, that's fersure. I'm sure smoking isn't great for me, either.
Eating well. I eat a lot of rice, pasta, and salads, because they're cheap. I'd like to get on a real diet, and not just crap to get some form of sustenance. I'm allergic to caffeine, so no soda isn't a problem for me. All I drink is water.

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.
I practise Muay Thai four nights a week, and teach on Fridays. My gym has Eskrima classes on Monday and Wednesday, and Jiu Jitsu on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I should start going to those, and doing some bonus cardio in the evenings. Going for a jog when I get back from the gym would be a good place to start. When I get to 240, I'll start in on a hardgainer program. Compound lifts, starting with two days a week, one day upper body, the other day lower body and back. I have really long recovery times, so two days a week will be about all I can do. If I can get my diet to a point where I can train more, I will. I also want to be able to do sit-ups to fail six days a week, which I was doing all throughout 2010. I'm three months out of any training, and 40 are a strain. At the gym we do calisthenics between Muay Thai drills. The instructor will say something like 'do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups!', I'd do 75 in the time it took everyone else to do 30. Now I'm cheatin' my way to 30 by skipping primes, definitely need to work on that.
A bit of a disjointed plan, but this isn't a two month plan, this is at least, a year long plan. I'm not going to make predictions six months in advance, but I know what the start's going to be, more cardio. After that, I have an idea for the middle, and I'll have to wait and see what the end is.
For the start, I'll be doing;
Monday:
30 minutes of stretching before martial arts classes.
Hour of Muay Thai.
Hour of Eskrima.
20 minute jog after martial arts classes.
Tuesday:
Hour of Muay Thai.
Hour of Jiu Jitsu.
Wednesday:
Hour of Muay Thai.
Hour of Eskrima.
Thursday:
Hour of Muay Thai.
Hour of Jiu Jitsu.
Friday:
Hour of Muay Thai.
30 minutes on the punching bag, broken down into three eight minute sessions, with a two minute break in between.
Saturday:
30 minutes of stretching.
20 minute jog.
Sunday:
Rest.

This doesn't deviate from my current plan all too much. I'm just going to add the jogging, Eskrima, and Jiu Jitsu. I've started going to the gym again, after a three month absence, and prior to starting I was doing all of the above, sans the jogging.

Once I get my bodyfat around 16-18%, I'll pick up strength training again. When I'm doing the strength training, my cardio regimen will remain intact, except for Mondays and Thursday, when I'll be adding;

Monday:
Shoulder press; 85% of 1RM (one rep amx) 3x8
Bench press; 85% of 1RM 3x8
Bicep curls; 75% of 1RM 2x8
Triceps extensions; 75% of 1RM 2x8

Thursday:
Deadlift; 85% of 1RM 3x6
Box Squat (my knees have never agreed with regular squats); 85% of 1RM 3x8.
Calf raise; 90% of 1RM 3x12
Barbell good morning; Whatever I can manage. Good mornings aren't the sort of lift you want to max out on, it's really easy to hurt your back doing good mornings. You can see what they are here; http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBBentKneeGoodMorning.html

After I get back into strength training, we'll see what happens. I don't know what sort of physical condition I'll end up in, so we'll see. If I'm to the point where I can strength train three times a week, or more, I'll do it. But for the median of my plan, I know I can handle strength training two days a week. That's how I got started, and the regimen I've detailed has worked for me in the past. Obviously it might have changed, but a hardgainer routine has always done me well. 'Hardgainer' refers to someone who has a time making 'gains'. In strength training, gains how much weight you add to the bar over time. For most people, making gains is hard, I'm one of those people. Hence, the term hardgainer.

Also, I know I'm not at the gym for this evenings martial arts classes right now, that's because I've got a cold, and I don't want to spread it around.

Should start throwing some protein into my diet. Baked chicken breasts in place of the pasta would work. As it stands now, I only eat out once a week. Though I'm certainly good at sneaking in a couple pizzas a month. That's something I gotta cut out.

WHY
Because screw the friend zone. Last girl I was really into said she 'wasn't my type', which means 'if you looked better we'd have been dating', I'm sick of that crap. I'm not a bad looking human, I look merely average, though the bonus weight certainly doesn't help. I guess longevity is nice, too. I don't want to kick it when I'm in my sixties.
I have a big frame, I think I owe it to my genetics to put it back to good use. If I'm 6'4" with a really wide shoulder width, and big torso. Lots of guys are envious of people like me, and if they had my frame they'd put it to better use than I currently am. So, for the sake of not wasting the genes I've been dealt, I ought to do something with them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:34:17 PM by DoctorMowinckel »

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
I started in October at 233 and I'm at 206 and going slow and steady!  Good luck to all!

you go girl!!! <3
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
Awesome, awesome!

Once we get going on Monday, I'll update the first post with the names of all participating so that it's easier for everyone to look at in order to cheer each other on! :-)

Post Merge: January 25, 2012, 10:48:42 AM

Alright, those who completed the details should've gotten a PM from me.  In most cases I'm asking for a little more specifics!  Yes, nit-picky, I know... BUT... I want to help you succeed, so helping you envision your week of workouts is a great start!  Looking forward to getting to know you all better! :-)

Post Merge: January 25, 2012, 10:50:34 AM

Also, since I asked you to do this, here is what my week looks like currently...

MONDAY:  P90X2 X2Core workout
TUESDAY:  Teach Yoga in the AM, Teach Turbo Kick in the PM
WEDNESDAY:  P90X2 Plyocide workout
THURSDAY:  P90X2 Total Body workout
FRIDAY:  P90X2 Yoga OR Recovery & Mobility workout (basically, stretch!!!!)
SATURDAY:  P90X2 Power workout
SUNDAY:  Rest and/or foam roll
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:50:34 AM by psyknife »
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
I dunno if I can do it.  I haven't had much luck so far.  :c

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 190

Chest: 33.5 (Not bust, like band right?)
Waist: 36.5"
Hips: 48"

GOALS
I would like to get back between 130-115, it's a healthier weight for me and I miss the enjoyment of clothes shopping and my body image.
I haven't really thought about it honestly. I guess I'd like to get back down to a 32" bra size and a size 7ish in pants/skirts. I'm not sure where those measurements fall. I'm more focused on feeling healthy.
Not eating emotionally. I tend to fall prey to cravings and wait too long to eat so I then eat mindlessly. I want to be able to eat when I am hungry and know when to stop eating.
More fruits and veggies and less carbs. Though I am borderline vegetarian (too much protien makes me very sick) I know that I eat more carbs than I should.

PLAN
I'm not really following a set PLAN as it were but I have made some S.M.A.R.T goals (Specfic, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely).

S/M/A: Focus on losing 1 lb per week and 4lbs per month. Include at least 2 vegetable servings per lunch and dinner and 3 fruit servings over the day. Focus on having 1 glass of water with each meal and snack. Plan meals ahead of time to cut down on grocery bills and mindless (emotional) eating. Do a Mind-Body scan before eating (Ask: Am I hungry?). Walk with my dog at least 30 minutes each day, if raining walk 30 minutes on my treadmill.
Relevant: Goals are specific and allow me to incorporate them into my everyday lifestyle with minimal changes but a good output.
Timely: Will be able to implement them with ease, but also allow for reasonable tracking of successes.

Planning for more vegetables by planning my meals ahead of time. Making sure that I have things available that are 'healthy' to snack on to avoid over-eating or emotional eating on my part. Starting a weight loss blog where I can chatter and share different things that have worked for me

WHY

I'd like to be healthier. There are a lot of weight related health risks that run in my family and I'd like to get a handle on them before they become serious issues for me. I've been heavy since puberty (about 13) and I liked being thinner and had less body image issues when I was. I'm doing this for me, but primarily because I am flexible enough to change NOW and I want to before I have serious health issues associated with it.

Sometime I will be doing Yoga x3 a week, but I'll also be doing Zumba as well on Tues/Thurs, however since I am waiting for my school schedule to even out I only included those fitness goals I KNOW I can currently do.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
I can still sign up right? This is so cool. I so need a motivaor. I will get you the info hopefully tomorrow.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I dunno if I can do it.  I haven't had much luck so far.  :c
In the words of Rob Schneider in any Adam Sandler movie..... "You CAN do it!!"

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Kimmorz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kimmorz.com
This seems like a great idea! Count me in.  :frolic:

Weight: 157.5 lbs

Chest: 38"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 42"

GOALS
I would really love to get back down to around 130-135.

Getting down to 30" on my waist. (No idea if that's at all proportionate with my weight goal. :'D)

I need to stop eating when I'm not hungry.

Start eating normal meals. Sometimes I don't eat a 'real' meal until 10:30 at night when I get home from school.

PLAN
I'm not sure on a program yet. But I'd really like to get back to going out for long jogs at least once a week, and maybe simple exercises throughout the week.

I guess to just keep down the sweets and opt for more healthier snacks. (This probably wont take effect until I start getting my own food in a couple of months, since nobody buys sweets anymore.)

WHY
Because I know I can do it if I make the time for it. My weight average used to be around 145 lbs, and then I got down to 130. I used to never get past 150, so I'd really like to work on getting back into better shape.

Commissions | Shop | Reference | Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal