collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2023 Midwest/Minnesota MLP Jubilee!  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
2023 Midwest/Minnesota MLP Jubilee!
« on: June 09, 2023, 08:35:55 PM »
Also known as the MN pony meet, but people from surrounding states are welcome, as well! :D

It's that time again! Planning is underway for this year's Jubilee. Once again, we're planning on Labor Day weekend!

Where: Smash Bridges home, in the Blaine, MN area! (Specific address given by PM the week of the meet.)

When:
Saturday 9/02! Sunday 9/03 is also available to hang out, as there is an optional sleep over Saturday night!

Cost: None, but a food donation for the potluck is appreciated! See sign-up list below!

Activities:
Coloring contest, custom contest, trivia and games (see below), presentations, raffle, buying/selling of ponies, and food (normally potluck)

Host pony:
Moondancer! Bring your pony (and/or customs and nirvana variants!) for a group pony shoot!

More Details!

Coloring contest: Image will be provided, along with crayons/colored pencils/markers. All ages can participate; if there's enough people, we'll break it into age groups! Once you're done coloring your piece, add it to the wall for people to vote on their favorite before voting time is called! Do not have your name on the front of your colored piece, so voting can remain by coloring merit alone.

Custom contest: Celestial theme! Finished customs will be added to a table during the meet for attendees to vote on their favorite before a set time.

Trivia contest: Test your pony knowledge! Might also have questions about other 80's toy lines, though (ye be warned!).

Games:
The Dice Game!
Ages 5+
 It's a staple for the MN meets, and is a fun event! Anyone who wants to participate brings a wrapped gift in the $5-10 range. Pony items are ideal, but not required. This can be items from pins to accessories, bait ponies, chocolates, plushies, and everything in between! No actual trash, please (don't be that person! It hasn't happened yet, and we'd rather it not). It's always fun seeing a big pile of wrapped presents in the middle of the table! :D

Game is done in three stages: 1) roll the three 6-sided dice into a pan. On doubles, grab a present from the pile. This goes until there are no more presents on the table. 2) Stealing! Roll the dice again; get doubles, you can steal a wrapped present from another player! This round is timed, and after this round is over, the presents are unwrapped and presented so others can see what you've gotten. This leads directly to round 3) Stealing rounf #2! Once again, roll the dice and you can steal a present from another player when you roll doubles! Only this time, you know what it is you're grabbing! This round is also timed, and once it's over, so is the game!

Basic rules: Wait your turn. No trash talking that won't be recognized as teasing (know your audience!). No shoving--we're all friend here. No grabbing a present without rolling doubles. Rolling triples also counts as rolling doubles. Try not to dawdle; this game usually is later in the day to allow for latecomers to arrive, and so people can scope out the table and see what they'd like to try for.

Bean bag toss: Exactly what it sounds like! For 2 players

Raffle: If you would like to donate an item to the raffle table, feel free to bring something you think another person would like to have! Raffle tickets are purchased by anyone who would like to attend, and the money normally goes to the host to help defray costs of hosting. Tickets are normally $1 each. Hang on to your half of the ticket, so you know what your numbers are. This is normally the last "official" even of the meet.

Presentations: I will be doing a presentation on how to rehair a pony, with nylon pony hair, embroidery floss, and yarn (not all at once, though that might be an interesting custom ;) ). Other presentations TBA! :D

Buy and Selling Ponies: Do you have ponies to sell? Are there ponies on your want list? You could do both at the meet! Alas, these meets are normally BYOT--Bring Your Own Table. We'll post more information as it becomes available!

Food:
Food is potluck! Please let us know what food item (or items) you would like to bring with to contribute when you let us know you're planning to attend! You can let us know here on the Arena, or via the MNMLP FB group/chat!

Hope to see you there! :awake:

Going!
Smash - Aaaaallll the desserts!  :lol:
Kazzellin - chicken/cheese pastries
Wizzer218 - bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
Aurora - hotdogs/buns + ketchup and mustard (if you want anything else for your hotdog, please bring it along!)
Marla
Ellery
StrawberrySwirl-fruit tray
LoverofBalto
Blackfrost/Peggy
rosierjay - chips
Vanessa - veggie tray

Maybe?
MNGusty

Cannot Go
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 09:22:34 AM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Midwest/Minnesota MLP Jubilee!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 09:06:23 PM »
Obligatory comment so I can keep an eye on this one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 07:06:50 PM »
I'm coming .....far for me so probably bringing something easy...but not sure yet

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 03:53:59 PM »
Hi Everypony!! I am your host, MoondancerMilkyWay (or, as known on Facebook, Smash Bridges)
I wanted to give you a quick update, as I'm very excited to be hosting for my first year!

I will have MLP movies/episodes playing, and am planning on having a projector/screen set up so we can watch outside when it gets dark as well!
I also will have a cotton candy machine, popcorn, and possibly ice cream in addition to the cake. it's like a carnival.

I can look into other food options (Costco FTW) as it gets closer and we get a more solid numbers guest count. :)

The house is one story, mostly open floor plan, and a half acre wide fully fenced in back yard.

I DO have a dog (Australian Shepherd mix. 35 pounds. very friendly. wants you to play ball.) who will be home/in attendance the whole meet.

working on some fun prizes for the games, and raffle items as well! (just need Basic Fun and Amazon to update their listings.... ;) )

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

oh! And perhaps most importantly, I am off Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday. We can Pony Party ALL WEEKEND LONG!*
*as long as people want to come. Anytime Saturday things want to start is fine. I'll be ready.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 02:58:17 PM »
Do you want us to arrive during the day saturday, then? :)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 07:27:18 PM »
Also has everyone begun deciding which foods they're bringing yet? I'm still waiting on seeing everybody else's contributions before deciding myself, although I might just end up bringing another one of those store brought fruit trays again.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 07:58:02 PM »
No one else has really offered an opinion on what they want to bring. I can ask folks on the chat again, but since it's still over a month away it's likely they've not decided yet.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
I will be offering a Moondancer print for raffle, and hope to have custom Moondancer bookmarks made up in time for the meet!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2023, 03:48:40 PM »

Do you want us to arrive during the day saturday, then? :)
Let's do it.  Hopefully that will open up some schedules, too.

I'm waiting until closer to buy too much food. Need a better count.

Post Merge: July 03, 2023, 03:49:09 PM

Awesome!! Thank you,  ponyqueen! I'm a huge fan of your work. Can't wait to see it!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 06:37:16 PM »
Updated the day(s) of the main meet! :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 08:51:54 PM »
I will be there! I'm not sure if Foxfire wants to go, and I'm pretty sure Lincoln won't be there, so put me down for one for now. Marla and Ellery are also planning to be there.

I haven't discovered any new recipes lately, but I'm happy to bring a pulled pork that we can eat in sandwiches or tacos or whatever.

I'm excited for the custom contest- is it ok if I enter a plush?

And I'll bring some stuff for the raffle. Ponyqueen, do you have that roll of tickets yet? I know I have one here, but yours is closer.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 04:23:51 AM »
Quote from: Aurora link=topic=404694.msg1900006#msg1900006 date=07/19/23
Marla and Ellery are also planning to be there.

Marla and Ellery aren't on the Arena, right? I don't know their handles, if they are. :huh:

Plush for the custom contest is fine by me, so long as Smash approves, since she's the host. :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2023, 04:56:25 AM »
Quote from: Aurora link=topic=404694.msg1900006#msg1900006 date=07/19/23
Marla and Ellery are also planning to be there.

Marla and Ellery aren't on the Arena, right? I don't know their handles, if they are. :huh:

Plush for the custom contest is fine by me, so long as Smash approves, since she's the host. :)

No, Marla and Ellery are on the facebook chat but not here on the arena. Thanks for adding us! --- If Smash wants to go with something catered instead of a potluck, just let me know. Bringing money or a side dish is a lot easier than a crock pot of pork!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 11:05:40 PM »
And I'll bring some stuff for the raffle. Ponyqueen, do you have that roll of tickets yet? I know I have one here, but yours is closer.

I have the roll! I'll make sure Smash has for the meet.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2023, 10:36:36 AM »
Awesome raffle prizes secured! If you're good, you can probably figure out what they are already!
I have lost some use of my right hand, but I'm still thinking potluck. I should be healed enough in a few weeks to cook and bake and buy things from Costco...

Plush for custom contest is amazing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal