collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did G5 flop?  (Read 17537 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Did G5 flop?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2024, 03:09:10 PM »
Ah, thank you :) Then the idea of Tales being the future of MLP and Friends ponyland makes sense.

...Going back to G5, that photo I posted of the Entertainer last Saturday? I kid you not, NOTHING G5 has even moved.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2024, 04:26:54 AM »
I'd say flop for sure. The thing is  ..well in my case I'd never stopped loving ponies since G1 and always got the new gens (even if it took me a while to accept G2 and G3.5  ^^;  ) . I've always been a bit of a pony addict (understatement!! :P )  but G5 was sooo bad it put me off right away, I've taken a long pony hiatus (  :blink: :yikes: )  and to this day I haven't been able to even make myself try out buying even one single G5. They're just  too *shudder* weird for me?  they creep me out (sorry to anyone reading this who loves them :hug:  )  and of course the quality and variety had gone downhill before the end of G4.
 I rarely see anything G5 where I live now, just the same old ones that have been shelf warming for ages and only a few when they were first released really.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people who had the same feelings about them as I did and started to spend money on other collections instead as well. The Basic Fun G1 are the only "new" ponies I've bought in years  :redface:
Hasbro really messed up IMHO.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2024, 05:39:39 AM »
Short answer: yes.

It was pretty difficult to follow up on the succes of G4 anyway. But I don't see as much ponies here on the shelves for G5. Even the non-toy stores that had a ton of G4 merch, like stickers and small board games, have very little to none right now.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2024, 10:58:26 AM »
Been having a really interesting conversation about G5 with a G4 pony fan friend of mine on another site, and she was complaining how G5 reinvented some canon concepts from G4. I think we both agreed (coming from a G1 and a G4 perspective) that G5's biggest issue was being locked into Equestria, rather than being something new.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline eiskrempony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Today at 03:21:15 AM »
So i think g5 is a flop,i talk yesterday to hasbro germany and they tell me the  only pony Set that will be out in germany this year is the Set with the dragon and sunny starscout and in most stores ponys are sell for a very cheap price.

It is very sad that hasbro is not Strong enough to keep the ponys what they where in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal