Pony Talk > Pony Corral

When Collecting...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: Eskara1862 on January 24, 2022, 05:23:18 PM ---I keep no lists of what's in my collection and refuse to have a solid number :P I don't want to know how many there are.

--- End quote ---

:lol:

lowpolyzoe:
I could probably move my things to a spreadsheet as a project but I keep track of my things with mlpmerch just because it's easy and allows me to ID a pony relatively quickly if I don't know them or can't find them.

Starflashbaby:

--- Quote from: SunPony on January 24, 2022, 05:38:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Starflashbaby on January 24, 2022, 12:40:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: SunPony on January 24, 2022, 12:20:17 PM ---I would say that is totally up to you how you document them, it is your list!  What are you planning to do with your numerical totals?  What is the purpose of your spreadsheet? Answering those might help you figure out how you want to document ponies vs accessories vs dolls, etc.  And with excel's sorting functions you can probably come up with a way to quickly figure totals for each category you might choose to use. 

--- End quote ---

what if I was to say my little pony Memorabilia would that count Equestria girls or not..

--- End quote ---
Memorabilia is a very broad term, it could probably include everything that is MLP brand.  Potentially even fan-made art?

--- End quote ---

I see your point... but I wouldn't count the fan made stuff.. or the equestria girls... ooohh maybe my customs wouldn't count either or would they?  :blink:

So when I think of fan made stuff I think of fan made jewelry or Keychains and/or drawings.

My Wahlburgers custom is made from the blank pony that hasbro made... so that has to count..... its a do it yourself pony... hmmm...

honor_h:
I've only made a spreadsheet to count my ponies inc McDonald's toys, fakies and friends (i.e Spike) largely because I forget their names :blush:. I would put Equestria girls in that list as they are all figures even if they are different species.

If I was to count my accessories I would make a separate spreadsheet for them. If I did put them in with my pony list I would make a new column and put what they were in e.g pony, brush, hat etc and maybe another column to put in what pony/ponywear set/playset etc they belong to for ease of finding. As it is I would lsit my accessories as "a boxful" :biggrin:

It is your list for your use so do what you want with it  :)

Starflashbaby:
I love all your idea's...
I just started to edit my excel file now!!!
So at the top
I have the main total
Then that total is broken down into groups (I'll Show pics later k) G1 G2 G3 G3.5 G4 G4.5 & finally G5
Then I have Retro
Equestria Girls (I'm now adding them into the main total at the top)
Mini Ponies
Build a Bear
& Finally
I added
Customs with all there individuals totals
So that's at the top of the page & I froze that in the excel file so as I scroll down it stays listed above.
As I scroll down I have Each pony listed starting with the very first (oldest) pony that I have.
Left to right first line
Name-Type-Generation-Date-Condition-$Investment-$Value-Photo-Note-Accessory-#ofAccessories
There were accessories made without Ponies such as the G1 Clothes

Those are at the bottom of G1 before G2 Starts After Playsets are listed...
So it is like
Name - Country jamboree
Type - Megan & pony
Gen - G1
Date- 1985
Condition-Great
$Investment - $.50
$Value - $5
Note - Fleemarket buy
#Accessories - 5 (the 5 is added to the total at the top as well)

I put a number behind the photo in the photo column to add up the Ponies.
I'll Show pics soon. I had an excel file made for Ponies but now I'm going through allll my accessories and adding them.

Photos of Spread Sheet

P.S I'm going to keep the poll open for a while I'm curious to see how big everyone's collection is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version