TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Mercari - pros and cons?

<< < (2/2)

Carrehz:
I'll admit I've only used Mercari Japan, so idk what it's like on other versions of the site, but keyword stuffing drives me nuts >( It's made some of my usual searches downright impossible, because 90% of the search is just unrelated stuff now. So annoying. I understand it a bit for fakies or obscure lines that are similar to more popular ones (like tagging a MLP fakie with "My Little Pony", or a Maple Town toy with "Sylvanian Families") since a lot of the time, collectors of the more-popular line are the ones looking for them... but when all the keywords have NOTHING to do with the actual product..... :enraged:

bluerose9978:
What I find really annoying with Mercari is that you have to leave feedback within 3 days of receiving your item or feedback will be left for you. And this isn't helpful if you're on vacation. Another thing I have a problem with is feedback retaliation. I left a 3 star feedback for a seller who misrepresented their item. In retaliation they left me 1 star. And after that I had at least one person block me from being able to buy their auctions because of that. So now I rarely buy from Mercari.

SunPony:
Thanks for all the tips and feedback, everyone!  This is all useful to know.  The three-day feedback thing is certainly noteworthy...as is the info about the messaging system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version