collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How old was you when you got your first pony?? And who did you get??  (Read 4823 times)

Galaxy91

• Trade Count: (0)
I was born in 1991, so I was still very young when Ponies went out of stores. I inherited three Ponies from my big Sister - Gusty, Strawberry Surprise and Baby Schoolbag. :) So I had a little Pony Family, with Gusty being the Daddy. This was before i learned that there are actual Boy Ponies.

I loved playing with them very much, and so did my best friend, who had about ten of them (also from her big sister!). We often played together and I was sad that I could not find them at stores anymore. One day, my dad decided to clean out the Garage and get rid of some of the old stuff... and of course, we were nosing around in the old bags, and we found one filled with old toys from my sister. There was a very old Barbie horse with foal (Dixie, the Foal and a beige posable Dallas Horse) and, of course, Galaxy. I was so surprised and happy, it was like finding a treasure! From then on, Galaxy was my favorite Pony of them all :lol:

Later, everytime I saw a G1 Pony at other friend's houses, or at one of our local Kindergartens, I begged them to trade them for other toys. It mostly worked because I made bad deals xD Like, giving away five G2 Ponies just for one G1 Pony... It made my mom angry sometimes, but my passion prevailed :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:29:40 AM by Galaxy91 »

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
I got Cotton Candy for my 10th birthday in 1986. I didn't know MLP existed until 3 weeks before that but I liked them right away and wanted one for my birthday.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
My first pony was Peppermint Crunch when I was 4, Sherbet came soon after.  I can still remember the way they smelled when I took them out of the package. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I was 4 or 5 and it was Bluebelle. I think butterscotch and cotton candy were next. I can still visualize a whole section of brand new G1s and me looking up wondering who to choose. Ahh those were the days..  :D

Offline SilverHealer

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I love lamp!
    • View Profile
    • Goddess Within
I was three, and my pony was Twinkle-Eyed Bright Eyes :) Dad brought her home from work one day and I remember her in her packaging. So it's his fault (may he rest in peace) that I'm a pony freak! ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[ adoptables from pixel forum GLAM! | Av by SDS ]

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
I was 8 and it was G3 Sapphire Shores and Island Rainbow. I don't have them anymore since I no longer collect G3 , but I remember getting them from Walmart. I got Sapphire Shores because of the gem cutie mark and Island Rainbow because my favorite color was yellow, but they had no yellow ponies and orange was closest to yellow so I wanted the orange pony.
My first pony that I still have was a G4 McDonalds Lily Blossom and she now has no tail (well she barely has a tail) due to being played with to much.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:45:05 PM by Heart891011 »

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I was 5-6 and obsessed with Rescue From Midnight Castle but the toys weren't sold here yet. My aunt lived in the US at the time and knew of my obsession, I returned home from school one day and found the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe, Bright Bouquet Family, and the Fugitive Flowers VHS tape sitting on our coffee table! Still one of the best and most memorable gifts I ever had.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
The first ponies I remember having as a kid are the sea ponies.  I don't remember which ones I had I just remember playing with them in the tub.  Based on when they came out I must have been 3 or 4.  They eventually mildewed :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal