collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Makes You Lose Interest In Ponies? . . .  (Read 5516 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes You Lose Interest In Ponies? . . .
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
There hasn't really been anything that makes me lose interest in ponies.  I mean, season 4 of FIM contained a lot of badly thought out decisions, and it and season 3 very rarely had the charm that the previous seasons, and previous generations had, but I haven't lost interest in ponies as a whole.

Can I just say, I'm pleased to hear that there are people on this site who know that they're are more than one types of bronies out there - I always try to avoid being that guy who points out that "not all bronies are like that", and I am fully aware of how bad bronies can be from experience, but I do feel bad sometimes that the bad bronies ("me bronies", as Karma called them) can have such an impact, that other ponyfans feel that they are all like that.

I know this is off topic, but it just makes me feel better seeing that people know that there are different types of bronies out there, especially after people here don't seem to hear me when I say that there are some bronies who don't want to be treated like the main audience (but at the same time, appreciate the subtle shout-outs like in season 2). 

Thanks, it means a lot to me.  Sorry for going off topic, but it really does mean a lot to me.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »
For me, I'm mainly a G1 collector. I'm getting down to the point where the ones I want are the more expensive ones. I really can't be spending a lot of money on ponies, and really, the part I like best about collecting is getting them as inexpensively as possible. So, at this point, I just collect whatever I find thrifting, which isn't much,vintage pony-wise.

That, and I'm running out of space. I collect SO MANY vintage toy lines, my house is overrun! There is stuff everywhere, and it's starting to make me crazy.

I've been gone from here for a while.. just doing other things.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 04:33:18 AM »
Nothing really makes temporarily lose interest any more but when I moved into my new house I did then. I set the pony room up and that was so much fun but then the newness of having my own home and all the responsibility of that, along with getting my first cat made me not do anything with my pony collection for over a year! I found out about the fifth Ponycon and that re-sparked my interest and I haven't stopped since  :biggrin:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 09:41:56 AM »
I am selling almost all my collection simply because I need the money..... I have nearly $1000 of ponies and accessories in the loft yet I need to pay $300 on my car which is essential for us and other really important bills yet I have no money.. So the ponies will go (I have kept gifts and customs and some other special ones though)

So, money is what makes me lose interest in ponies sometimes.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »
I don't actively collect like I used to (lack of space and money mostly, but also waning interest in collecting ponies in general) and only occasionally buy G4 ponies that spark my interest. With all of the non-stop repeats, dolls and US exclusives in the toy line I'm almost completely done with it. -_- G4 started off really interesting and then burned out very quickly.

The overall interest in ponies is still there though, don't get me wrong. :P
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
The current G4 line is really dissappointing and not really bringing anything new. Maybe one or two new brushables along with the main six and the princesses... yeah... well I'm done with those pretty quick.

I'm a G2 person and am currently only focussed on getting those MOC and loose. I'm picky about G1s and G3s (in terms of colours and poses), so both collections are quite small.

But it's mainly the lack of imagination of the G4 line now and the late G3/G3.5 line that made me lose my interest mostly. It made me collect Monster High and EAH instead XD

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
Right now G4 is making me lose rapid interest in the current line of ponies. I wish new brushables would come about.....not Pop Ponies and EG.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »
I wasn't active in collecting ponies or even posting on the MLP Arena for a few years while I was in grad school. I just didn't have the time or energy. Now I'm done with school, still having horrible anxiety which I thought was school-related, and trying to remember my favorite things. PONIES!

One daunting thing is that I'm not sure I quite updated my spreadsheet of G1 and G3 ponies. I have so many G1 and G3 now, I don't always totally remember which ones I have. (I have about 350 total)

I love FiM, but there hasn't been a lot of interesting things for the toy line. Mainly I just want NEW brushables and Hasbro just like, refuses.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal