Pony Talk > Off Topic

wasp, hornets, and bees

(1/5) > >>

invaderhorizongreen:
ok so i work in a return center for soda and beer bottles and that means lots and lots of wasp/bees/hornets in the room.  I tend to feel sorry for them so i pick them up with my bare hands and let them go outside.  I am serious about picking them up I will pick all of these little guys and gals up. On top of that i feed them soda on my fingers too, and the wasps will just nibble it off very gently. This tends to scare people at times but i am perfectly fine with them.  In fact when i still worked outside they would fall asleep on my hand as well and i would let them.  In a way i am wondering how do all of you fell about this? I have no problem with them and they like to land on me as well and i have never gotten stung by them. The largest one i ever had on my hand was a 2 1/2 inch long yellow jacket.

teresat:
Wow! That's amazing and really cool! You have a unique talent. If you are comfortable with them that's great. I'm really scared of yellow jackets, hornets, and wasps. I am fascinated by carpenter bees and honey bees but I keep my distance from all of them. :)

kittybethy:
That's cool, but I run from those things!

HavACrumpet452:
I won't touch a yellow jacket. They're the most aggressive where I live. I often go out and mist the blue mud wasps with the hose in the summer and they will swarm all around me drinking off any wet surface. It helps to give them an area to drink if you want to work with water undisturbed. The way I see it, wasps are predators of each other and I'll help the friendly ones so they outcompete the yellow jackets.

StarSwirl05:
Not going near them with a 10 foot pole. Been stung by a hornet and (apparently) a bee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version