collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats Vs Pickles  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Vs Pickles
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2022, 12:23:57 PM »

Still, it's nice that they're reissuing him. looks like some people on Instagram are already whinging because their toy's no longer as ~*valuable*~ :P Silly. I'm glad they changed the tag so you can tell the two editions apart, though, that's nice.

That's pretty annoying I don't like when people get that obsessed with a toys worth even if it is worth something

https://ibb.co/jM1dSfS
My new jumbo
long live chrysalis

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »
Smyths and The Entertainer both seem to be clearancing these :( All Versus World toys (inc. Dogs vs Squirls and Kittens vs Gherkins), not just the older ones. The Smyths I went into today didn't even have a section for them any more. Worrying.. I hope this isn't a sign that they're going to stop carrying them over here or anything like that :(

On a brighter note, set E of Gold Wave is showing up in Asdas over here (or at least it was in December) so I got one of my most-wanteds, Saylor! She's SO cute omg <3 I got another big want of mine in the post today, Rorsch-cat - he's really pretty - especially the markings on his back. I love inkblot tests <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2023, 06:57:18 PM »
Hmm... I hope they're not disappearing! I did recently see a Facebook ad for the bears. I had forgotten about those! I think it's supposed to be "bears versus donuts", if I remember right? That's so odd lol. I wonder if the donuts will be crazy characters like the pickles. I haven't seen the bears in any stores, just in a FB ad.

My store never got the 2nd year Christmas beans, which was depressing. I'm going to guess maybe we had a lot of 1st year ones left over, so they didn't bother ordering any new ones from Cepia? Well, at least there weren't any I really wanted... heh.

We still have a lot of the dogs versus squirls hanging around. They didn't seem to become very popular at all. We also have about half a box of the gold blind bags with the blue stripe across the top. I don't understand, weren't the blue stripe ones supposed to be special or exclusive? But I see the blue stripe ones in stores much more often than the plain gold bags. And on ebay the blue stripe ones seem to be cheaper in general, which seems to me to mean they were easier to get than the regular gold ones. That's so weird.

I caved in and did the kickstarter. ^^; I spent about $100 and got a lot of the exclusive beans. I only wanted a couple of them (like the dragon bean! Aww! So cute!). The rest of them are an investment. I'm going to resell them and hopefully get some of my money back. But the game isn't going to be done until April, I think, so I have to wait. I'll take pictures when it gets here!

Oh, one of the "add-ons" for the kickstarter are some CvP keychains, so I think that's going to be a thing we'll see in stores at some point soon. The kickstarter showed the package for them. They seem like they are smaller than beans and come in blind bags, and apparently are all characters we've already seen.

I decided to get a couple as an add-on in the kickstarter. I'm hoping I get Blank Page, he was one of the original characters from the first wave that has never made a reappearance. I like his design but he's way too expensive on ebay, the first waves usually go for a lot of money these days. More than I want to pay, anyway lol. (The kicker is that I remember seeing Blank Page in the store but I passed him over because I didn't think he was interesting! Ha! I should have invested in more of them to resell... Didn't realize how much the first wave ones were going to go for. Ah well, hindsight being 20/20, you know how it goes.)

The last CvP I bought was Rorsch-cat, as well. I love the striking black-on-white look! I got him on ebay for a good deal.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2023, 08:19:12 AM »
Yeah, I really hope the shops here are just clearing space for new stock or something :( We did have a decent amount of old stock lying around so maybe that's it.

I've seen a few pics of the Bears vs Donuts, apparently they're going to make Cows vs Aliens too?! There's a site up for those but there's nothing up on it yet.
The bears are okay? I've seen some pics of them and I definitely like them better than Dogs vs Squirls (they don't seem to be popular here either - I see those hanging around the most) but there's something a bit "off"-feeling about them, can't quite put my finger on it. I guess it feels like they needed a bit more fine-tuning before release, if that makes sense. Like they feel like a not-quite-final prototype or something.. idk how to explain it. the donuts don't interest me at all :p I don't quite "get" that pair-up, I guess they wanted another food like pickles? But it still seems weird.

aw that sucks! :( the 2nd wave Christmas ones only turned up at Claire's over here, and they usually only had 3-4 in at a time (and were pretty expensive.. £8 instead of the usual £4-5 X_X), I was able to get the ones I wanted though. If you'd like I could try and hunt for some of the 2nd waves for you? :) It looks like some stores still have stock of them.

I sorta wish the 1st wave had been rereleased over here, there's some I'd like to get from that wave ^^;

I'm still a bit confused about the blue stripe but from what I understand, the "limited" thing just meant they were only sold in certain shops... Not that they were actually limited edition or anything. It's really confusing >_< Some of the characters were available not-blind bagged over here, but not all, and they don't seem to be selling the blue stripe bags here at all... so I'm having a devil of a time trying to find Skater Boi >_< Luckily the others I wanted from that set all made it over here though.

Oooh if you have an extra Money Bags I might be interested in him :) He's the only Kickstarter exclusive I really wanted. I couldn't justify it.. kinda glad I didn't cause I heard some UK people got stung really badly for the shipping costs >_< I was wary when I saw it said "international shipping to be calculated later".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 08:21:42 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2023, 06:11:12 PM »
I'm hoping bears vs donuts will be available at five below soon they are showing up at walfart but I am never going there because I don't trust that store

Also I got the unicat hugger and I love it
long live chrysalis

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2023, 05:28:40 AM »
The bears are really cute!! I think I'll stick to the cats for now, though. I haven't seen them at Walmart.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2023, 09:07:54 AM »
I hope the Bears show up over here! I'm not sure if they will, Smyths Toys aren't stocking the Vs toys any more :(

I think the bears are cute but I'll probably pass on them.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »
I just got a notice that the CvP kickstarter games are starting to ship to backers. :) I'll post photos when I get mine! I actually forgot what I've ordered, it's been so long. XD

I recently went to Walmart (rare for me) and got super excited because I saw they had the gold packages without the blue bar at the top! I bought a bunch of them and got mostly duplicates, because I had already bought the gold series I wanted on ebay. ^^; But it was still fun to buy them and open them up!

I also found dogs vs squirrels purple wave (I think that's the second wave?) and bears vs donuts! But I passed on those. I don't like them enough to buy blind packages of those, since there's so few characters I like.

And lastly I stopped at Target and there I found the gold series chonks! I guess I must have missed these before, because all the characters seem new to me. Or maybe I heard they were coming and forgot. Anyway, I got GPS cat, he is *so* cute.

Post Merge: May 09, 2023, 10:07:59 AM

Also I got the unicat hugger and I love it

Oh man, can we see pics? I just can't believe how huge those things are. XD I've never seen one in person.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:07:59 AM by Dragonflitter »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2023, 10:08:50 AM »
Can't wait to see! :) I've seen some popping up on eBay but the prices have mostly been bonkers, haha.

I love GPS, idk why but he's probably one of my favourite designs. Something about him is just too cute.

Sadly I haven't seen any new CvPs in a while :( Everywhere around here's stopped stocking them for some reason - Entertainer no longer stocks them either (well, they still have some old stock left, but they don't seem to be getting any new stock in) - I have no idea why! One minute the line was everywhere and then it just vanished, it's really weird :s

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2023, 09:22:32 PM »
That's the way of most trends, I think. :\ Collectables is usually a flash in the pan enterprise. As soon as the fervor starts to die down, the company loses interest and moves on to the next moneymaker.

It does seem like Cepia is still interested in the franchise, but I feel like they spread out way too much trying to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. At first it was just waves of many different characters, which were fun to collect. Then they tried all these different sizes, they had playsets with exclusive beans, they tried the little vinyl beans that we never saw more than one small series before they abandoned it because it didn't catch on.

Then after that they moved on to other series: the kittens, the dogs, the bears (and I think cows versus aliens hasn't even hit shelves yet). The game is coming soon. And one of the extras for the kickstarter were keychain versions of the characters, which I assume we'll see hit shelves at some point.

The problem is, I think they piled too much on and released too much at once. They didn't pace themselves. It grew confusing for the collectors trying to keep up. I certainly had trouble keeping up with the different waves, gold versus gold-with-blue-bar, and all the different side series. And then suddenly everything stopped?

In the past we used to see several waves one after the other, but I think this latest wave, the gold one (whether with or without the blue bar) has been around for almost a year? We haven't seen new cats v pickles, maybe because they were focused on all these other side series.

Where I work, the CvP used to fly off the shelves -- the bean size, anyway. The mega size (the size one up from the chonk, which retail at $20 each) we've had since the beginning and they continue to sit around. And we've had the gold-with-blue-bar and the kittens/gherkins for months and they've just been sitting on the shelves now.

Maybe it's the fault of the stores, not buying new series since the old ones are still around, or maybe it's because Cepia is stalling on the new products. I'm not sure.

It's hard to tell if the fervor of collecting has died down for CvP or if it's the company that is delaying the next waves. Hopefully they'll get going again. I hope this gold wave isn't the last wave for CvP! Dogs are cute and the bears are okay, but what I really want are more cats and pickles!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2023, 09:41:39 AM »
It's here it's here! :D

Oof I spent way too much money on all these extras... I forget how much the final pledge was, but I remember it was over $100... Anyway, here we have the exclusive Kickstarter cats, Moneybags and Catsper. I think originally the Kickstarter said we were going to get a voucher for a free Catsper, but I guess they decided to just include him in the box instead. (Maybe the original plan was that Catsper wouldn't be available by the time they started mailing out the games, but the game got delayed a month or two during production in China, according to the kickstarter updates.)

@Carrehz - I only got one Moneybags and I'm going to keep him, I'm sorry. :(

I also bought the fantasy 4-pack because I wanted the dragon kitty so badly. His tiny wings are adorable but you can't see them unless you turn him over.

I also got the horror movie 4-pack because I really like the kitty from the black lagoon (back row, far right). The front row is a 4-pack of characters that is exclusive to the game. (You can see their tags say Mayhem on it, like Moneybags and Catsper.) I love the little lightning bug on the far left! Sticking her little tongue out lol.

I got the 3-pack of the new keyring blind bags. All this time I thought these new keyring merch were going to be like tiny versions of the beans, but then when I got the packages I could see they were very flat, so I realized they couldn't be actual plush critters.

They're actually made of soft vinyl. They're cute! I love them! I got GPS Cat which I am SO excited about. Lookit him winking at you! Haha. The other two I'll probably sell on ebay, try to recoop some of my pledge money.

The front of the package says 24 characters to collect, but I'm annoyed because this is like the ONLY CvP product that doesn't come with an insert poster with all the characters in the set. Who are the 24 characters? Going by the package, which includes wave 1 characters, and the ones I got, which are all the latest wave, the 24 could be just about anyone.

I really wanted Blank Page, the kitty on the package with the notebook paper pattern, because I was never able to get him during wave 1 and now he's super expensive on ebay. Oh well, hopefully these keyrings will be available in stores soon, I'd like to buy a bunch. I think the price point is going to be $3.99 which isn't bad.

(Like most CvP products, the blind bag does have a tiny air hole in the corner so you might be able to see what color is inside before you buy it. You can also feel the tail so you can at least tell the cats from the pickles.)

And last but not least, here's the game itself (which I will be putting up on ebay because I'm not interested in playing LOL). It's pretty cute. It comes with a mat you put on the ground and you throw all the CvP you've collected over the years and try to hit the mat. lol.

I give them kudos for thinking up a way to include the CvP you've already collected in a game they made about CvP. XD There's a bunch of playing cards that give you certain rules for how to throw them as you play (blindfolded, etc.). It actually sounds fun. I assume using Chonks and Jumbos are against the rules. XD

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2023, 04:09:22 PM »
Yeah, Cepia definitely tried doing WAY too much at once. I wish they'd just slow down and focus on one or two things.

Congrats on the beans Dragonflitter :) And np about Moneybags, thanks anyway. I was hoping to pick up one on eBay but the prices there are... er.... let's say "prohibitive" :silly:

Some news from the Reddit:

The rest of Gold Wave (everything after Set E) has been postponed and moved to Fuchsia Wave. Looks like Cepia are starting to realize that they've been overreaching themselves? It's a shame since there were some Gold Waves I was looking forward to, but it's nice to hear the designs haven't been cancelled completely.
It's still unclear what's going on with the Gold designs that they put up on the site briefly and then took down, like Catascope the 3D kitty. some of those have shown up in Fuchsia wave adverts apparently soooo fingers crossed they're moving to Fuchsia too? (I reeeeally want Catascope, haha)

What I like is the mention that from Fuchsia wave onwards, checklists will be shorter. YES!!! It's been driving me nuts how the checklists included all these characters that weren't actually available in that wave, or at all.

Also there was a Facebook Live recently and lots of new stuff was shown - Previews of Puppies vs Squeaks (upcoming DvS baby line), Cows vs Aliens, Bears vs Donuts, Christmas CvPs for this year (I love Harold omg), and previews of Fuchsia wave CvPs. Some characters are redesigns/palette swaps of Blue Wave beans. Not sure how I feel about that. Some of the palette swaps are cool, but idk why they didn't just do proper re-releases, I'd have preferred that personally.. I do like the new Majicat though.

The keyrings - I asked about those on the Reddit a while ago. Apparently before the Kickstarter, they were sold on Cepia's webstore for like 5 mins, those didn't have a checklist either BUT Sakuramei on there did give me the stock photos of them. I made a checklist thing, I'll put it under a spoiler since it's kinda big:

Spoiler

I don't know if the Kickstarter keyrings have all the same characters as the previous release, I assume so? But there's more than 24 shown and I was told that not all of the characters shown were even in the assortment before (or at least no one found some of them), and some of them are shown twice on the images, so who knows what's up with that! -_- But it's something to go off, anyway.. I hope that helps. Better than nothing.

I hope the keyrings go on general sale soon, I'd love a Rosie keyring :3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2023, 07:31:29 AM »
You are so good at finding this online information, Carrehz! I appreciate it since I don't have that much google-fu. Mostly I just go by the packaging or the wiki page for my information lol.

Looks like Cepia are starting to realize that they've been overreaching themselves? It's a shame since there were some Gold Waves I was looking forward to, but it's nice to hear the designs haven't been cancelled completely.

Wow that's strange! I guess I'm not surprised because this company seems so impulsive and changes things up so much. It is frustrating as a collector when designs you really like pop up and then disappear, though. :P

What I like is the mention that from Fuchsia wave onwards, checklists will be shorter. YES!!! It's been driving me nuts how the checklists included all these characters that weren't actually available in that wave, or at all.

Wait wait wait... REALLY!? All this time I thought the checklists show what is available in that wave! I've been duped this whole time!? Gah! That's so annoying! ...I guess I never really noticed because for the most part I buy the characters I want on ebay, and just once in a while buy the blind bags from the stores if I happen across them in the wild.

Also there was a Facebook Live recently and lots of new stuff was shown - Previews of Puppies vs Squeaks (upcoming DvS baby line), Cows vs Aliens, Bears vs Donuts, Christmas CvPs for this year (I love Harold omg), and previews of Fuchsia wave CvPs. Some characters are redesigns/palette swaps of Blue Wave beans. Not sure how I feel about that.

Oooo thank you for the link! So it looks like a lot of the extras I got from the kickstarter (the non-exclusives) are actually Fuscia wave beans. I should try to sell those on ebay quick because impatient people will pay more. XD

This is my first time seeing the bears and the cows. Looks... interesting? I won't be collecting them, but pretty cute.

I dunno how I feel about the redesigned Blue Waves either... Like, I really want Blank Page but I don't like the changes. I want the original design. And I love Skelecat but the purple just isn't the same as the black... Meh, I guess I feel *shrug* about the whole thing. I guess it's good that they're not just re-releasing the old designs, because I know collectors are picky about having the original wave and re-releases would make them less special... But for those of us who missed the original wave, getting a different designed re-release just isn't the same thing.

I kinda wish they did more like Snowball, where they rereleased with the same design but a different tag. But maybe I should bite my tongue, at least they don't just rerelease the same 6 characters over and over like the MLP brand. ^.^

The keyrings - I asked about those on the Reddit a while ago. Apparently before the Kickstarter, they were sold on Cepia's webstore for like 5 mins, those didn't have a checklist either BUT Sakuramei on there did give me the stock photos of them. I made a checklist thing, I'll put it under a spoiler since it's kinda big:

Spoiler

I don't know if the Kickstarter keyrings have all the same characters as the previous release, I assume so? But there's more than 24 shown and I was told that not all of the characters shown were even in the assortment before (or at least no one found some of them), and some of them are shown twice on the images, so who knows what's up with that! -_- But it's something to go off, anyway.. I hope that helps. Better than nothing.

That's SO weird... maybe they were having production issues and decided to hold off on putting them out... But they why even put it up online? This company makes so many weird decisions... Anyway, I hope they get a real release soon, I want more! lol

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2023, 03:44:25 PM »
(Sorry for the late reply)

Heh, I've just been checking the reddit, Sakuramei on there is the one that's good at finding info ^^;

Yeah, I only found that out about the checklists a while ago, I couldn't believe it when I read it! I think their excuse was "It's easier this way" but it's ridiculous... usually if a toy checklist lists toys that aren't out yet it SAYS "Coming soon"!! >___<

That's basically how I feel about the Blue Wave re-releases, too. Idk why they can't just re-release the original designs and, yeah, just give them a different tag or something :/ I don't get why they're so reluctant to... I know some people do get funny about re-releases because "omg the VALUE!!!11" and I understand that for toys that were always meant to be limited edition, like Snowball (I think the tag change for her was the right way to handle that).. but... if it was a regular release then what's the problem with re-releasing it? :/ I just don't understand that line of thought.

I'm dying to get my paws on some of the keyrings  :P They keep popping up for ridiculous prices on eBay and arghhhh.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2023, 10:27:02 PM »
Ooooooo this week we got a ton of Cepia stuff at work! :D I was excited to see it after we've had nothing but the Jumbos that have been hanging around for over a year.

We got a box of Bears versus Donuts! At least if you want these, it's easy to feel the package and tell which ones are bears and which ones are donuts. The donuts have a big hole in the middle. XD

We got the Pop Art Turtles and Pop Art Elephants. I like turtles okay, I might have to cave in and buy one to see the pretty art. I like the idea of plush being art!

And we also got another of the gold wave with blue borders. And lastly, we got another box of the current wave of Chonks.

It looks like Cepia realized they make the most money with the blind bags. I haven't seen a box of unpackaged beans where you can just choose the character you want in quite some time... (Well, except the Holiday ones.) I guess that's to be expected. I'm a little sad since I would be happier picking the ones I want rather than the blind bag game. But oh well, that's the way the market works right now.

I'm just happy to see these guys in the store. Because I get a nice employee discount. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal