collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Girly Swap 2015 Brag Thread  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Re: Girly Swap 2015 Brag Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 08:52:45 AM »
Two left. One should have arrived some time ago but the recipient has been MIA :(
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
Two left. One should have arrived some time ago but the recipient has been MIA :(

I hope everything is okay.   :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
Okay!  Think I got this finally all working!

Been such madness! 

Anyways, the wonderful Sumire was my partner this year again!  Which meant another wonderful box!  She gets my likes an interests perfectly!

I apologize for the photos, I burned out the battery for my DSLR, and I need to replace it, so, my phone it was, which doesn't happen to like my computer much.  Crazy electronics.  It's probably the computer's fault. . .

WP_20150720_001 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Tea!  Yay! Tea!  Tea is always loved, haven't yet cracked into it, as I'm still murdering some older stuff, but it smells delicious, but speak of smells. . .

WP_20150720_004 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Lush goody!  I knew the box smell like Lush when I got it, and I had the most sneaking suspicion!  I can smell Lush stuff from a mile away, and I don't have one anywhere near me!  Nearest one is 4hours away!  So much yay on this, used it today actually! 

WP_20150720_005 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Some lovely plant seeds!  Will be planting the columbines here soon, just as soon as the weather cools off a bit for them, so October-ish.  It'll be nice to have some Autumn-winter green. 

WP_20150720_006 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Some handmade dusting powder!  Great for my chub rub while working a 9-11hr shift in a hot restaurant!  Woo!  Yay!

WP_20150720_007 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Oh this stuff was so yummy!  I unfortunately already murdered it all << >>.  I am a big, big honey lover and I just love honeys like this that are raw, unadulterated, non-pasturized( it's fine for a lot of other things we eat, but not for honey, it just ruins it and takes out all the good things! ).  It was just so yummy and I love honey with some of the wax and comb still in it.  :D

WP_20150720_008 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

This looks good, but haven't yet cracked it open.  I'm saving it for when things cool down and I can turn on my oven again and bake something to put this on. 

Now for the ponies!

WP_20150720_002 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

She's adorable!  Momo is my package inspector! 

WP_20150720_003 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

And finally!  The queen of the show!  Sugar Apple is gorgeous!  I've never seen a prettier Sugar Apple, she doesn't have the slightest bit of yellowing and her hair is SO SOFT!  I am over the moon with this girl, and she's one of my favorite ponies I've got now!  Thank you so much Sumire!   

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
I am sitting here grinning and clapping to myself like a goofball. I'm so happy you liked your box MiRaja! I stalked you like a panther (even read some fanfic which was not useful for figuring out what to put in your box but I love fanfic so why not? :P) so I was very much hoping I narrowed down some things you'd really like!

I have just about finished my Lazy Bee Ranch honey too (don't go through it as quickly in the heat of summer since I love it in tea). I'm so glad you like Sugar Apple! I particularly wanted to get you a pegasus in your favorite pose and was so lucky to track one down with a lot of help. Think of it as an Arena-wide endeavor! ;)
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
PRIDETH!!! PRIDETH!!! PRIDETH!!!
OMG, where has my ability to speak type form coherent words gone? I am torn between pure thrill and excitement, insane laughter and an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude towards you ... you lovely, sweet, dear, crazily generous swap partner, you! *virtual shower of hearts*

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

(Life has been hard these past weeks with visits to my GP every 2-3 days and a sudden rush to the hospital where I had to stay far too long for my liking ... but) I came home to the most perfect, wonderful, huuuuuuuge swap box that I have ever seen, let alone received! I really, really cannot process all the effort that went into it, the wrappings and decorations were 100% me, the ponies absolutely gorgeous, the extras so numerous that it felt like three swap boxes in one! But let me start from the beginning ... with pictures (and I'm so not sorry about not putting them behind a spoiler-cut, because everybody has to see the AMAZING goodness):

The box in all its glory! It fits the colours in my flat perfectly, everything is white, pale aqua, lavender and blue around here. The box won't be leaving my desk for a loooooong time to come as I'm going to keep everything I need for my current scrapbooking project in it. It's just too perfect!

Everything unboxed! Look at those beautiful presents!!! When I saw Prideth post her teaser picture, I secretly hoped that I'd be on the receiving end of her swap box, because it was utterly, unfailingly, thoroughly, perfectly, 100% me. I literally fell in love with the wrappings and decorations at first sight - in spite of it all, I couldn't believe it when I looked at the goodness spread across half of my desk! I wished there was a way to beam the presents out of their wrapping and onto the table without having to rip up or open anything - the wrappings were too beautiful to spoil, but spoil them I had to ...

I started off by smelling the package wrapped in natural brown paper and stamped with the logo of a tea-making company located near Prideth's hometown. A fantastic start! I looove receiving and sampling native teas! According to the weather forecast temperatures will turn autumn-like during the following week, so that'll be the perfect time to brew a cup! Next I opened three of the linen bags ... and couldn't help squeeing and talking excitedly to myself when I looked at all the extras: lace,  birds, flowers - all in my favourite colours!!! Prideth has even included some K&Co. embellishments which are my absolute favourites and soooo difficult to get over here in Germany, thank you so, so much, Prideth!

Next up was the following big, gorgeous package! When I opened the box contained within, I started giggling madly (and flailing my arms quite helplessly), because ... TONS of more scrapbooking goodies! OMG this is what scrapbooking heaven looks like! Believe it or not, but by that point I had completely forgotten that it was a pony swap, because I had literally received the perfect scrapbooking supplies swap box! The two stamps are probably my favourite items from this package! (I'm so happy you included the box of paper flowers you had used for decorating the wrapped presents, because I wasn't able to salvage them - too much glue. Oh, and did you notice the flower-pattern that my curtains made on my desk while I took the photos? It all fit perfectly.)

OMG, the delicate golden birds are the most beautiful things I've ever received as decorations in a swap box! I'm going to keep the two boxes for storing my favourite G1 accessories. When I opened the boxes, I saw the two cutest little butterfly ponies peer at me - what a fantastic surprise! Buzzer was a long-sought-after upgrade for my Summer Wing collection and the alternate rehair High Flyer a gorgeous addition to my slowly growing army. Such LUSCIOUS CURLS! (Prideth, did you enlarge the tail hole to fit in even more hair? What a great idea!)

Next up were the following equally sized boxes! Prideth, if it weren't for the two golden birds which appealed to me in such a special way, those two would have been the most gorgeously and beautifullly wrapped boxes ever! (I managed to safe the lace and wooden embellishments and will put them to good use for my living room summer decorations.) If I had had any inkling of what was inside the boxes, I would have braced myself ... because their contents reduced me to a pool of flabbergasted, speechless, arm-flailing self!!! Sweet Sundrop and Princess Tiffany WITH THEIR ACCESSORIES!!! OMG, I'm running out of exclamation marks ... Sundrop looks so airy and light and delicate and feminine, and Tiffany has the most gorgeously preserved tinsel that I've ever seen! (Prideth, did you treat the tinsel in any particular manner to get it so straight? If yes, will you share your secret?) By this point, I was close to dancing through my living-room!

The remaining box and linen bag contained some sweets and tea - once again, Prideth had outdone herself! My favourite Twinings tea (which, like the K&Co. scrapbooking supplies, is really difficult to get in Germany), and my favourite type of chocolate!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Prideth, you've been the most wonderful swap partner ever ... your box has been the most perfect swap box possible, in every single detail! I cannot thank you enough for what you've done!!! I've never been so spoilt in my life!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:58:44 PM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
Yay!  More boxes!  Miraja, Sugar Apple looks absolutely lovely and you got LUSH!  LUSH has some amazing products!  Congrats!  Fabulous box Sumire!  And Libelle, I'm so jealous of your box from Prideth!  The wrapping is absolutely perfect, and the ponies are beyond gorgeous!  Congrats to you ponies again!

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »
Prideth your wrapping looks like the front cover of a Somerset Studio Magazine. Seriously. Libelle, your raptures were adorable to read and totally captured the joy of receiving such a beautifully presented box. :D
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »
wow wow wow those gorgeous boxes, those gorgeous ponies, especially love the rehair!! Great work guys, lovely boxes
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2015, 03:33:23 AM »
Awesome brags, so nice to see all the beautiful ponies and of course the excitement that comes with getting such epic boxes with perfect extras :)

Offline Prideth

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »
What an awesome box, MiRaja!  Sumire you did an amazing job!  I'm jealous of this honey!  I don't know of a place near me that sells natural honey with honeycomb bits in it, but it sounds amaaaazing!  I've gotta find some of that.  And Lush cosmetics!  Hng!  Another brand that I do not have near me.  Jealous!

Libelle!  I'm so pleased everything go to you safely!  And that you're happy with everything!  I got so much joy just from reading your brag post, it's like opening my own box!  Just makes me so happy! 

As for Tiffany's tinsel, I gave all the ponies a treatment with my curling iron to reduce frizzies and crinkled tinsel.    I use my curling iron on a medium-high setting on the hair while it's wet and laden with conditioner.  I personally love the results!  So glad you like it!

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2015, 10:00:16 AM »
Thanks for posting your brag Miraja! :)
Libelle I'm so glad your box arrived safely.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »
Hey guys! I know this is long, long, overdue, but I've been so caught up with the horrendous living situation and my results slipping that I let this slip my mind. I'm so very sorry, especially to my amazing partner, MikeysGrrrl who prepared this beautiful box for me (as you can see, it's very well thought-out!)

Here is everything packaged! I was soooooo excited and some of them had lovely gems on them and were all wrapped with the most beautiful delicate purple ribbons squee!

Here are all the goodies! There were LOADS! Lip balms, earrings, a little pouch, candies and goodies of all sorts, a box of erasers, and my favourite ICE CREAM SOCKS <3

Here are my favourites:

Aren't these post it notes just the absolute SWEETEST? No pun intended! I think I've used them all to date while studying hehe...

Nothing I love more than moisturizing Lip Smackers to help me combat the lip-cracking aircon of the lecture theatres...

I absolutely ADORE red velvet goodies and these were SO GOOD. I shared the other candies with my batchmates, but these are MINE and MINE ONLY. I hoarded them and were so upset when they finished...

Now onto the stars of the show!

I was soooo excited to see Streaky I didn't even take her out before snapping a picture!

Look at her! She's so amazing!!

Bluebelle was my first G1 and this girl really reminds me of why I fell in love with her in the first place! Look at that silky shiny hair oh man... <3

My baby Glory has been waiting for her Mummy for too long! AND SHE IS AHMAZIN!!!

And last, but definitely not least, is this beautiful Parasol that is an upgrade from my previous one!

All in all, this was a beautifully thought out package and it arrived a day before my birthday so I was soooo pleased. Thank you so much for everything you went through to put this together for me, MikeysGrrrl :) I really loved it <3

A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Prideth

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
What a lovely box, Mikeysgrrl!  I love the "sweets" theme!

Such great ponies, too!

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
Hooray all the brags are in! Thanks ladies :)
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal