collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did G5 flop?  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Did G5 flop?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2024, 03:09:10 PM »
Ah, thank you :) Then the idea of Tales being the future of MLP and Friends ponyland makes sense.

...Going back to G5, that photo I posted of the Entertainer last Saturday? I kid you not, NOTHING G5 has even moved.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2024, 04:26:54 AM »
I'd say flop for sure. The thing is  ..well in my case I'd never stopped loving ponies since G1 and always got the new gens (even if it took me a while to accept G2 and G3.5  ^^;  ) . I've always been a bit of a pony addict (understatement!! :P )  but G5 was sooo bad it put me off right away, I've taken a long pony hiatus (  :blink: :yikes: )  and to this day I haven't been able to even make myself try out buying even one single G5. They're just  too *shudder* weird for me?  they creep me out (sorry to anyone reading this who loves them :hug:  )  and of course the quality and variety had gone downhill before the end of G4.
 I rarely see anything G5 where I live now, just the same old ones that have been shelf warming for ages and only a few when they were first released really.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people who had the same feelings about them as I did and started to spend money on other collections instead as well. The Basic Fun G1 are the only "new" ponies I've bought in years  :redface:
Hasbro really messed up IMHO.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2024, 05:39:39 AM »
Short answer: yes.

It was pretty difficult to follow up on the succes of G4 anyway. But I don't see as much ponies here on the shelves for G5. Even the non-toy stores that had a ton of G4 merch, like stickers and small board games, have very little to none right now.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2024, 10:58:26 AM »
Been having a really interesting conversation about G5 with a G4 pony fan friend of mine on another site, and she was complaining how G5 reinvented some canon concepts from G4. I think we both agreed (coming from a G1 and a G4 perspective) that G5's biggest issue was being locked into Equestria, rather than being something new.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal