collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else unable to fix Skelita's legs?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone else unable to fix Skelita's legs?
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »
I know everyone seems to have problems with Skelita's joints, but on my doll her knees will not bend at all.  The rest of her joints are fine, but the peg in the knees seems completely fused.  I've removed the lower legs and both me and my husband have tried to bend the joint, but it won't budge.  Looking closely at it, it appears the peg isn't in the leg right; it looks like it's jammed too far forward or too far down or something.

The customer service rep I talked to said they have no replacement parts or replacement dolls, and she wanted me to return the doll in exchange for a voucher.  I'm not sure what to do - I really wouldn't mind getting a replacement, as her face also has blurry paint on one side that wasn't visible in the box.  But Skelita is hard to find here, and I don't want to end up without one at all. 

Has anyone else had this issue, with not just stiff joints, but totally unbendable ones?  Is there any way to fix this??

Monster-High-Girls

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone else unable to fix Skelita's legs?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:25 AM »
I had the same issue with the two Skelita that purchased. What I did was take off her legs - and than put them in the freezer for 10 minutes, after that I slowly began to try to bend them back and forth - and it worked like a charm!

Hope this helps ya!

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:49 AM »
Thanks for the tip!  After I froze them, wiggled them, gave up and let them sit, then couldn't resist trying again...  they bend!  Still stiff, but totally usable.  Yay!!  ^_^
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:12:17 AM by Aeryala »

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »
I cut them with a knife on Christmas day (Along the tracks that had melded) then bent them and it worked :P
I am impatient beyond belief :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal