collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pullips  (Read 8105 times)

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pullips
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
I own a bunch of Pullips but neither of those two. Im partial to sweet faceups so I'd recommend kaela. Lots of great info above, especially about pullip style. They are the best in the US for new dolls. :biggrin:

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »
I'd recommend Kaela too :) She's a sweet girl. Plus she's on a type 4 body, which is more sturdy and more flexible than type 3 bodies are. I don't rebody any of my type4 girls :)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
yay! Kaela! I love her <3 she has such a sweet faceup....i love her hair too

SuniMoon

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56:03 AM »
I thought I'd pop in and say that last night I had a dream in which I was at a thrift store and found a pullip. She had a broken/missing arm, but I didn't care. It was a pullip, and I would rebody her on an obitsu anyway... I then found two other pullip heads without bodies, and about three mini pullips. I didn't know how they'd gotten there, but they were mine now. I went to pay... And my card was rejected, and the store owner kept insisting it was my fault, even though their card reader seemed to be glitching out. And while the store owner and I got in a bit of a spat, the woman in line behind me tried to take one of them while I had my back turned. Which I somehow saw, despite never looking, since this dream played out like a movie, and the laws of physics need not apply. I immediately snatched them away from her, and said I still plan to buy them! I have cash! I don't know why I did not just pay in cash before, but dreams are odd that way. But anyway, I actually left the little pullips behind. Sure, that woman behind me can have those.

I took out my wallet, handed the man my money... and woke up.

The moral of this long story? Weeeell, well, Dollhouse peeps. You are pushing me closer and closer to wanting a doll I once thought was funny looking. It's now invading my dreams.

Those huge eyes are worming their way into my subconscious. D;
Infact, if it weren't for the fact that they just don't fit proportionally with my other dolls, I'm sure I would have one by now. XD

Rococo

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
They're really pretty and if you get even one girl into your crew, chances are she'll bug ya til you get her some buddies. :p That's certainly how my one Adsiltia turned into 13... Myself, I prefer Dals (Pullip's bf's little sister character)~

SuniMoon

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
Y'see, I knooow that's what would happen. They'd be like potato chips, especially since they're so distinct... If I got one she'd need at leeaast one friend. Then a boyfriend. And some siblings. And another friend later. More family... XD

That's why I have to restrain myself. At least with BJD's the price keeps me from getting a ton... But Pullips are riiiight in that window between expensive, and not tooooo expensive that I wouldn't save for a couple more. xD

YellowCat

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »
I ordered my first Pullip today!

I'm not telling who I picked, so you'll just have to wait and see when she arrives.  :frolic:

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Eee, congrats YellowCat! Can't wait to meet her :D I got 2 boxes this morning - Isul Mao from Pullipstyle, and a custom Dal girl!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
MAO IS AMAZING AND CUTE AND JUST THE BEST ISUL EVER! lol i LOVES mine soooooo much! such a cutie ... i really need to get someone to darken his eyebrows though, that's my only complaint, but with how his hair falls it's a non-issue lol

and YellowCat, that's just meeeeeaaaaaaan .... not lettin us know and all lol i just know you're gonna love ANYBODY you get though. *runs around screamin glike a giddy school girl* lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »
MAO IS AMAZING AND CUTE AND JUST THE BEST ISUL EVER! lol i LOVES mine soooooo much! such a cutie ... i really need to get someone to darken his eyebrows though, that's my only complaint, but with how his hair falls it's a non-issue lol

Haha, that's very true! I originally bought him just for his stock, but the little booger is growing on me >.<
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
yeah, he's crazy adorable lol a lot of people have fallen prey tot he cuteness that is mao when they buy him for his super collection of apparel lol

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Rococo

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »
The MAO Isul is really adorable. He sort of reminds me of a K-pop band member or something... lol Major Big Bang vibes offa him. Does Isul stil have those weirdly drawn-on lips? I never liked how the painted curve of his lips didn't match up with his lip mold. x_X

I'm also excited to see more pictures of Merl and to receive my Alice du Jardin. May can't come quick enough.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
hmm, i'll have to check out my mao, but a lip issue like that would tend to jump out at me. i think a lot of the face up issues with isul is that he's a boy, that gets used as a girl like every other release and then they have to try and adjust things like lips to try and femanize him a little more ...

YellowCat

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
Here's my new girl!  I choose Kaela.  Here's a few crappy pics, I haven't had the chance to get outside and get some better ones since it's been so cold and rainy here.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »