collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite accent?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite accent?
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
My favorites are Aussie, Scottish, Irish, English (London or Cockney!!!)  I love the accent from Gloucester Mass too (it's like a SUPER Boston accent)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
Ya'll know there isn't JUST ONE British accent, right?  I mean, I think everyone here is thinking the 'posh' Londoner accent, but MOST Brits don't sound like that.  I mean, Cockney accent. . .  Or Yorkshire. . .  :P  Chavs don't sound all that posh either. . .  Or cultured.

lol, I was going to say this too :p I think most non-English people think of Received Pronunciation when they say "English accent" (that or Cockney), when RP tends to be affected.. At least, I've never met anyone that actually has that accent, haha. (I mean, I'm sure some people *do* naturally have that accent, but you know.)

I like Southern American accents, personally. (I'm not sure how many different variations there are, aheh) I'm not *attracted* to them or anything, I just like how they sound.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:46:09 PM by Carrehz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »
British english and scottish - but I also luv it when a Dane talks in german :D
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

galaxystardust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:56 AM »
I'm South African and personally hate my accent. Also when I hear SA accents on tv I cringe. We sound so stupid.  :yikes:

Anyway. My favourite accents are Irish, Southern American and Canadian.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 03:32:00 AM »
One of the ladies I used to work with had a pretty neat accent, Sri Lankin with very English pronunciation. I didn't really find it attractive, just fascinating as she spoke so fluent for someone with English as a second language.

When it comes to other languages I really love listening to Sinhala. Its a beautiful dialect and always sounds so happy. Some other languages confuse me as I don't know if the person is arguing or just talking fast. Greek and Mandarin do my head in. I have started to understand but not speak some Greek, its too fast paced for me to speak it.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 05:34:42 AM »
I like the New York accent (or is it called Brooklyn?). I also like British/Irish accents and I would like to speak English with the BBC accent :lol: And English with German accent is just :heart: I don't like English accent from my region because it sounds like Russian but way duller. I do love when foreigners speak Croatian though! :)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 09:57:10 PM »
Welsh, strong Scots (none of the namby pamby Edinburgh accent thank you!) and Irish.

However, being a true patriot, I am banning everyone who loved the Aussie accent!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 03:20:40 PM »
Irish and Scottish.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
However, being a true patriot, I am banning everyone who loved the Aussie accent!

Can I love you for that?! :) I have no idea what you guys see/hear in the Aussie accent? I hear it quite a lot and even get mistaken for an Aussie (I'm a Kiwi thanks!), I even cringe at a strong Australian accent like that of the late Steve Irwin.

My fav accents have to be Scots or Irish. If any of you guys know of any audio books read by a male with either of these accents please let me know - doesn't matter what type of story it is I just want to listen to the accent. :)
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »

My fav accents have to be Scots or Irish. If any of you guys know of any audio books read by a male with either of these accents please let me know - doesn't matter what type of story it is I just want to listen to the accent. :)

David Tennant has narrated a bunch of Doctor Who audio books and also The How to Train you Dragon audio book.  I could listen to him all day.

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
David Tennant? Must go find... *drools*
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 08:55:31 PM »

Can I love you for that?! :) I have no idea what you guys see/hear in the Aussie accent? I hear it quite a lot and even get mistaken for an Aussie (I'm a Kiwi thanks!), I even cringe at a strong Australian accent like that of the late Steve Irwin.

LOL I feel the same about the American southern accent! It annoys me to no end, like nails on a chalkboard, but apparently alot  people here like it....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »

LOL I feel the same about the American southern accent! It annoys me to no end, like nails on a chalkboard, but apparently alot  people here like it....

I can agree with the American southern accent, my mum talks to a us friend and he has that southern voice, drives me nuts.

I understand with the Aussie accent too, I am glad that I don't sound completely Aussie lol. Mine seems to be an odd mixture of my very own.

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
English. Irish, Scottish accents are my favorites.  ( I have Irish and English in my bloodline to name 2, sometimes I think I forget a country when I list my nationality linage ) (on my mothers side I'm German & Irish, on my fathers side Russian, Austrian, English & French. )         

Offline sacred_tinker

• Trade Count: (+181)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TinkasTrinkets.etsy.com
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 11:40:58 PM »
I'm South African and personally hate my accent. Also when I hear SA accents on tv I cringe. We sound so stupid.  :yikes:

Anyway. My favourite accents are Irish, Southern American and Canadian.

OMG! Not at ALL! I :heart: the South African accent! Though I do find the hardcore Afrikaans person speaking English (like Jack Parow or Die Antwoord) rather entertaining, I completely cannot resist an English South African accent. Hmm its hard to describe, like my Afrikaans boyfriend went to an English private school and he's got this South African accent when he speaks English thats just to die for! ... then again, maybe I'm biased! LOL

*puts on French accent* and of course, being French, I don't particularly find the French-trying-to-speak-English accent sexy at all though when I fake it (my normal accent sounds more American), or when I get phone calls and I answer in French, everybody around me just stops and listens! hehe  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal