Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Have I mentioned this community is great?

<< < (5/5)

Taffeta:
I think UK G1 distribution was...I'm going to say 'interesting'.

There were definitely sets I never saw as a kid, but I know they came out here because they were in the argos catalogue and I found them at carboot sales. Like big brother ponies. I NEVER saw them in stores, only mountain boys.

We had a local collector here who was a bit of a brat, but she had a rough family situation. Her folks split up and her ponies got sold off in the end. Her Dad said she didn't want them any more, but I don't know. She did used to wave ponies in our face if she got to them first, but she was just a kid.

Loa:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on December 05, 2021, 08:23:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loa on December 03, 2021, 10:50:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: LadyMoondancer on December 03, 2021, 04:21:35 PM ---We tracked them, but Lexi and . . . Roy?  wasn't one of them named Roy? . . . got away with a loooot.  As a community we were far too forgiving.  Lexi definitely came back several times after crying crocodile tears about how sorry she was (but not sorry enough to refund anyone's money, lol).  Sometimes even longtime community members would end their stay with a huge, dramatic scam.  It was crazy. 

eBay was so risky in those days too because they had no way of forcing a seller to return money;  so periodically you'd have a seller just take all the money orders and disappear into the mists.  I remember sending $20 for a "MOC Love Letter Pony" and praying that the auction--which had no picture--was legit.

--- End quote ---

Lexi has the second most amount of banned ID's here.

--- End quote ---

That doesn't surprise me.

--- End quote ---

Ha! You didn't ask who is first!

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Loa on December 05, 2021, 08:20:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Taffeta on December 05, 2021, 08:23:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loa on December 03, 2021, 10:50:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: LadyMoondancer on December 03, 2021, 04:21:35 PM ---We tracked them, but Lexi and . . . Roy?  wasn't one of them named Roy? . . . got away with a loooot.  As a community we were far too forgiving.  Lexi definitely came back several times after crying crocodile tears about how sorry she was (but not sorry enough to refund anyone's money, lol).  Sometimes even longtime community members would end their stay with a huge, dramatic scam.  It was crazy. 

eBay was so risky in those days too because they had no way of forcing a seller to return money;  so periodically you'd have a seller just take all the money orders and disappear into the mists.  I remember sending $20 for a "MOC Love Letter Pony" and praying that the auction--which had no picture--was legit.

--- End quote ---

Lexi has the second most amount of banned ID's here.

--- End quote ---

That doesn't surprise me.

--- End quote ---

Ha! You didn't ask who is first!

--- End quote ---

...It's not Roy?

Cobblestone:

--- Quote from: LadyMoondancer on December 03, 2021, 11:02:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cobblestone on December 02, 2021, 10:00:58 AM ---Special shout out to sellers/traders for being so professional. I don’t think I’ve ever had a late shipment or any funny business without legit reason and great communication from the seller.

--- End quote ---

*flashbacks to the 90s, full of people lying to scam plastic ponies*  I guess we rooted some of the bad ones out early, lol!  Things were pretty crazy before Paypal existed!

I love all the devotion / resources for restoring ponies, so much love and care for our little plastic friends. <3

--- End quote ---
that’s fair. I know there are some bad eggs and we have a mighty list of them, but I still trust most people on here and I know if I’m having issues I can ask around and get genuine responses.
Plus I really do have better luck in the g1 community than anywhere else. Even if someone isn’t here, if they deal in ponies things tend to go well.
My dive into Breyer offshoots has been less than stellar in some respects.

Artemesia's Garden:
Bumping this thread because I am so grateful to be able to come here and talk to people from all over the world especially with some of the big stuff happening globally right now. But also those every day things like health and family that affect us all. And when I get some time to switch off for a while and think about collecting, here it all is! It's good to share.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version