Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

Image Permissions/Donations for www.strawberryreef.com

<< < (3/3)

Taffeta:
...I would say by set. Eg Movie Star Gusty in that case.

I don't think you can avoid geography completely. Just a site like SR which has a lot of trouble because of the filing system/dateline, probably would do better downplaying that as a classification tool. If that makes sense.

Also not separating "UK" or "European" ponies from the ponies sold in the US during the same year, so that everyone, regardless of location, can collate their ponies without having to psychically know which one is a 'European exclusive'.

So the Movie Stars and Mimic's set and so on should be under the same year reference.

Some comment that "X pony was sold predominately in Europe including the UK" "X pony was sold in many countries around the world" "X pony was sold in North America and in some European countries"...in the data is fine of course...

I'm guilty sometimes of talking about UK ponies for the same reason as you, Artie. I think there's a level of that in all of us. The difference is that the "UK" vs "US" pony labels that were imposed on us by DV in 1996 have outlived their usefulness and lead to sites making mistakes.

Artemesia's Garden:
I feel more sanguine about it now since I tend to know what I'm looking at these days and if not I know the right questions to ask  ;) thanks for all your help by the way. However, it must be hard for newer collectors especially when our memories clash with the present-day version of things. It has taken a long time for me to be happy or at least OK with my database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version