collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 146625 times)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #1020 on: May 20, 2023, 01:38:54 PM »
Oh hello Minty

I feel Minty always appears as a "in case of emergency, break glass" character, & they always stick her in multi-packs. :(

This! She randomnly popped up as a G4 too (twice?). I like Minty though, but the articulation is... meh. If it looked a bit more like the G2, then maybe?

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 20, 2023, 02:01:11 PM »
Direct pic for the ease of it:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My respect for G2 grows more and more when I see stuff like this.
As for that price point....  :argh: :faint:

The tagline of this pack is "Celebrate Ponies from different generations!"
Well, 5 gens = 5 ponies would have made more sense. Twilight Sparkle, Sunny Starscout, Minty, Sky Skimmer and Sundance, for example.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 02:04:07 PM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 20, 2023, 02:39:43 PM »
Direct pic for the ease of it:

My respect for G2 grows more and more when I see stuff like this.
As for that price point....  :argh: :faint:

The tagline of this pack is "Celebrate Ponies from different generations!"
Well, 5 gens = 5 ponies would have made more sense. Twilight Sparkle, Sunny Starscout, Minty, Sky Skimmer and Sundance, for example.

This is better then those weird necks on the magic motion G2s, but otherwise I agree with you on the other points. The price point is horrendous for 6 ponies so common in the 3 represented generations, that everyone has had most of them at least once.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 06:20:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #1023 on: May 21, 2023, 08:24:06 AM »
AYO minty again??!!
 I personally don't mind the articulation. I could take it or leave it. And that hair looks amazing! If there's one thing the G5 toys really got down right, it's that. But oh man, that pricing. I can't imagine this pack would sell too well based on that. Why not just release them individually, rather than as a whole $85 pack? I also agree about the weird choice of characters in this pack. Weird how there's more G4s here than G5, with just a random G3 thrown in. It would have been so fun to actually have a pony from each generation.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 21, 2023, 08:32:59 AM »
ha, Emergency Minty.

I actually quite like this set, not sure if I'd actually want it though. Minty and Pinkie's hair is.... interesting (god knows how that'll hold up over the years) and I wish they weren't articulated. I do like the different expressions though.
I'd be interested in seeing actual photos of these. The eyes don't look quite right to me here, like they've been photoshopped on or something.

But if these are meant to "celebrate ponies from different generations", then wh... why aren't there some G1/G2 characters there too? I guess Minty's probably meant to be G3? But she was in G4 too (did she ever show up in the cartoon?? I know she was in the comic at least once).. at this point she just feels like a cross-gen character, you know? Or a "universal" char that exists beyond the generations... Idk if that makes sense, I mean she doesn't really ping me as "a G3 character" at this point. Why not replace Pinkie and RD with a G1 and G2 character.. well that'd require Hasbro to acknowledge G2's existence, but no G1 rep at least? :s

It is the only G5 set so far that's even remotely caught my eye, though, so I've gotta say that for it. I hope it comes out over here, can't remember the last time I saw a big pony multipack in the wild. Idk if I want it but I definitely want to have a closer look at it.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 21, 2023, 08:40:09 AM »
Posey! Completely forgot about her! They could have added Posey and cover both G5 and G1 with her.

Offline TheClassCalico

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 21, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »
I actually really like these! I do agree with the sentiment that including at least one from each generation would've been far better (G2 deserves some representation by Hasbro especially), but they do look nicely made and I do like the articulation, personally.

I don't mind main/otherwise very significant characters making up this pack as they were considered significant to that generation, it makes perfect sense for a pack about the different generations. With that said, there's enough G5 main cast member toys in, well, G5 that I really don't care to ever get those.

As for the hair quality/material, I'm not 100% sure, but it at the very least looks very nice.

Something that I really appreciate about G5 is the variety in hair styles and textures. It's hard to say whether some of them will last, but it's nevertheless a great detail.

The price is too steep for my liking, but I will likely be trying to buy them separately at some point, excluding the G5 main cast.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:57:02 PM by TheClassCalico »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1027 on: May 21, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the way articulation has been looking on G5s, but these do look pretty cute. I like that they've given them all different hair styles. I hope the quality of the hair is good.

As far as the price, I'm assuming these are styling size, correct?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 21, 2023, 06:39:27 PM »
Man, I’m usually a sucker and will buy the packs with Minty since I try and collect every brushable version of her, but at that price point?? I might be passing, that’s outrageous. Especially seeing as I already have every character in it EXCEPT Minty in the g5 style. Like come on, if you’re going to stick to the main 6 at least put out the characters that haven’t been g5’d yet.

I don’t mind the articulation too much, but if the quality is anything like the Opaline that came out recently they really won’t be worth the price. Idk about the others but the Opaline I got is pretty subpar quality. Her hair is especially nasty, it’s completely dry and frizzes as soon as you try to do anything with it. If the hair quality is the same as hers I really don’t know how Minty and Pinkie’s hair will hold up.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 21, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »
Man, I’m usually a sucker and will buy the packs with Minty since I try and collect every brushable version of her, but at that price point?? I might be passing, that’s outrageous. Especially seeing as I already have every character in it EXCEPT Minty in the g5 style. Like come on, if you’re going to stick to the main 6 at least put out the characters that haven’t been g5’d yet.

I don’t mind the articulation too much, but if the quality is anything like the Opaline that came out recently they really won’t be worth the price. Idk about the others but the Opaline I got is pretty subpar quality. Her hair is especially nasty, it’s completely dry and frizzes as soon as you try to do anything with it. If the hair quality is the same as hers I really don’t know how Minty and Pinkie’s hair will hold up.

That sucks,but it's sadly not surprising.   :huh:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 23, 2023, 08:58:49 AM »
I'm very sure this was a set they were already planning to put out and someone said "Uh hey it's the MLP 40th anniversary according to the internet" and the marketing team was like "Oh crud, well here, this set we're planning on putting out has some different gens in it, so just put something in the advertising about how it represents multiple gens!" :P

I just dislike the G5 style so much... they're spindly little legs look like they're going to snap at any second... But I do like the hair styles and the facial expressions, so I might get them. I need Rainbow Dash for my Dash Stash, at least. But that price point... ow...

If I do get them, it will be the first G5 toys I own, and it would just be for RD and Minty. (I'm a G3 girl at heart I guess lol)

Post Merge: May 23, 2023, 09:00:43 AM

Anyone notice that Pinkie Pie's hair here looks like how they styled her hair for the "many years later" epilogue in the last G4 episode? So that's an interesting choice, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:00:43 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 23, 2023, 10:11:32 AM »
I'm very sure this was a set they were already planning to put out and someone said "Uh hey it's the MLP 40th anniversary according to the internet" and the marketing team was like "Oh crud, well here, this set we're planning on putting out has some different gens in it, so just put something in the advertising about how it represents multiple gens!" :P

It really wouldn't surprise me if this was indeed the case :B It seems like the sort of thing Hasbro would do.

Oh, is that what's up with Pinkie's hair? I was wondering about that. Interesting.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1032 on: May 23, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »
I don't like the articulation either.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #1033 on: May 24, 2023, 11:07:39 AM »
I just realized how weird it is that they didn't include Posey or even Seashell in the pack considering they already exist as G5 characters.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 24, 2023, 01:13:56 PM »
You know what? I'm glad they're not putting new characters in an expensive,exclusive pack, because I'd be twice as ticked. (I still think it sucks that it's a buncha common ponies you can buy for a fraction of that price.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:35:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal