collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 146870 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #975 on: April 05, 2023, 01:36:12 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, that's a wholesale assortment for retailers, not a 4-pack.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 05, 2023, 11:32:39 PM »
Yeah it's for retailers but it seems that if you buy 4, you will get the package.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 06, 2023, 06:10:39 AM »
Hi, everypony!

Unless someone else reposted them, I've just found this neat 4-pony MLP 40th anniversary plush dolls set from this site.

Curious, what was the shipping? I've hemmed and hawed about ordering these... WI is close enough to MI...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #978 on: April 20, 2023, 08:26:18 PM »
LOVE those g1 plushes! hope they show up in other places.  are they basic fun? or just a one off anniversary license thing?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 21, 2023, 07:59:47 AM »
The plushies are Basic Fun, yeah :)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 27, 2023, 09:45:09 AM »
Is it me, or are there noticeably less new toys for G5 as time passes ?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 27, 2023, 10:59:27 AM »

Definitely not just you.

https://dynacart.com/white-cotton-t-shirt-my-little-pony-top-tshirt-tsh5086bg.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwuqiiBhBtEiwATgvixJvJF4A1ssAloDCrWo1ZnK2yh4FLB3aRcK9SS2EenGKZYODOK_8A8hoCbR0QAvD_BwE

One hand this is really cute,and it's neat that they used Baby Palm Tree. Otoh, why is a single shirt that much money?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:05:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2023, 12:23:44 PM »
Yea, I get the feeling it hasn’t been too successful and hasbro isn’t putting much into it. I know a lot of toy companies are putting off new releases until late summer and early fall though. It’ll be interesting to see if anything surfaces or if they’ll start winding g5 down.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 27, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »
Yea, I get the feeling it hasn’t been too successful and hasbro isn’t putting much into it. I know a lot of toy companies are putting off new releases until late summer and early fall though. It’ll be interesting to see if anything surfaces or if they’ll start winding g5 down.

If they started winding it down 2-3 years in, that would be pretty pitiful. They'd have no one to blame but themselves for putting in a bare minimum effort.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 02:02:33 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #984 on: April 27, 2023, 04:17:35 PM »

If they started winding it down 2-3 years in, that would be pretty pitiful. They'd have no one to blame but themselves for putting in a bare minimum effort.
I can say it is the first generation I've skipped.

I think Hasbro really just lost the spirit of the brand with so few releases with brushable hair, and so few ponies released outside the core characters.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 27, 2023, 06:31:20 PM »
I've noticed G5 releases seem to be slowing right down, too... can't remember the last time something new was announced.

Honestly, a lot of G5 has felt like they're just doing it on autopilot... just going through the motions just for the sake of having MLP on the shelves and keeping the brand going, rather than putting any amount of thought into it. Sad to say but it wouldn't surprise me if this gen does end sooner rather than later :(

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #986 on: April 28, 2023, 12:20:11 PM »
I've definitely noticed, too.
I don't collect non-brushables or articulated ponies, so I grabbed one of each of the fashion style sizes (except Sprout, his expression weirds me out O.o XD) aaand that's been my entire G5 collection ever since lol. I keep waiting for more announcements of more coming and.... Nada. Radio silence.
Unless you count Opaline, which I'd rather not, because her quality looks worse than a McD's toy. (I can *feel* that plastic just by looking at the photos and it makes me shudder lol)
I also just saw there's a new set of 3 called "Style of the Day" coming out, (though this was "news" in very early February) with a new character Misty Brightdawn, who I would love to have but why oh why are they articulated. :cry: Ponies are chunky & chubby, they just are- and articulating them means they have to slim their appendages down for them to move and it *never* looks right to me. (okay it kinda worked for G2. but I digress) Ironically I think it makes ponies look cheaper and of less quality when they try this. XD Maybe the, "If it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality? Ponies look good as ponies. Ponies do not look good as action figures or poseable dolls. Because that's not what they are lol.
But that's just my opinion. It seems there must be some sort of market for them as the majority of new ponies pumped out seem to be articulated, but I also wonder if that's purely to compete with the booming doll market right now that kind of knocked MLP off its feet.

I'm thinking Hasbro went way too all-in for this in the beginning, saw little to no return, and is now trying to quietly fizzle them out. (I honestly really have to wonder what they were truly expecting out of this after the whole G4-ending debacle.) I think what the future holds for MLP lies in nostalgia bait for G1 & G4, maybe even some bits of G3 thrown in like we've been seeing tiny bits of recently. Hasbro just does not have what it takes to keep this line alive, anymore. I'd argue they lost that ability back in G4 but were riding out the coattails of the show as long as they could.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #987 on: April 29, 2023, 06:41:16 AM »
I've definitely noticed less, yes. And it's not been the easiest even finding what should be out on the shelves. I do have some G5s, but they're all fashion style size brushable ones. I don't really find myself caring about all of the molded hair ponies they've been putting out. It definitely doesn't feel like Hasbro is really trying this time around. And for all the gripes I had with G4, at least it was still primarily focused on ponies with rooted hair. Sure it had plenty without, but they were never the focus. But with G5 it feels like they're intentionally trying to put less focus on the rooted hair, between so many prominent molded hair releases, and the continued poor hair quality of later G4.

I really don't see this gen lasting much longer. Honestly I'd rather they take a break to figure out how to properly handle this toyline, rather than putting out cheap products just to have MLP on the shelves. It's not like there's much on the shelves anyway lol.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 29, 2023, 07:14:58 AM »
Fantastic post, Esbayne - I think you've hit the nail on the head.
I don't get the articulation, either. I know it's not really a "new" thing - G1 had the ballerinas, G2 had Magic Motion - but it always looks weird at best and awful at worst :p

I'm thinking Hasbro went way too all-in for this in the beginning, saw little to no return, and is now trying to quietly fizzle them out. (I honestly really have to wonder what they were truly expecting out of this after the whole G4-ending debacle.)

Same. The start of G5 seemed pretty hyped up and then I've barely heard anything from it since!
Part of it is that I think it's just too soon after G4, to be honest. I think that *in general* but also cause of how G4 changed MLPdom (for better or worse). I just.. I dunno, I'm not good at putting these things into words, but it feels like they thought people would just automatically accept a new gen, because G4 was so popular - that people would like G5 just because it's MLP - and they don't understand that's not how it works...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 29, 2023, 07:23:41 AM »
In fairness that's how it usually works. But hasbro can't keep putting in lazy effort and expecting a nice profit. Why they haven't learned that the core model kills their lines and variety model keeps them rolling in dough is beyond me? Otoh, people are also going through financial problems in general and are clamping down on their wallets. So G5 just has a lot going against it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 07:29:00 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal