collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 146620 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #960 on: March 12, 2023, 12:04:49 PM »
Has anyone else read about Hasbro’s bad Q4 numbers and that they are laying of 15% of their workforce?
I’m hoping they have the insight to realize the sales numbers dropped a lot due to inferior product. Their upcoming strategy is alluded to be to focus more heavily on their big name product and minimize properties that didn’t perform as well.
Makes me really wonder where that leaves MLP now.
Reference: https://hasbro.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-announces-organizational-changes-and-provides-update

Yaa it's so. Sus. We know LPS is getting licensed out so I just hope they do the same for pony. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 12, 2023, 01:22:30 PM »
Oooh, what's happening with LPS? :o

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #962 on: March 13, 2023, 06:42:57 AM »
Inquiring minds want to know! :tellme:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 14, 2023, 03:59:38 PM »
What I could find on LPS:

https://kidscreen.com/2022/11/15/basic-fun-to-relaunch-hasbros-littlest-pet-shop/

The full press release:
Basic Fun! to relaunch Hasbro’s Littlest Pet Shop
The toyco is working on a new range of toys, playsets and accessories for the collectible critters that will hit shelves in 2024.
By Cole WatsonNovember 15, 2022
Florida’s Basic Fun! has turned the lights back on at the Littlest Pet Shop to fulfill a new global master toy deal with IP owner Hasbro.

Basic Fun! will manufacture and distribute a new line of toys, playsets and accessories to retailers worldwide in 2024 based on the brand that revolves around collecting and customizing all manner of pets, from dogs and cats, to cows and sheep.

The company is aiming to introduce Littlest Pet Shop to a new generation of kids (ages four and up) and also re-engage with adult collectors, said CEO Jay Foreman in a release.

Kenner Products first launched LPS in 1992, and then it made a market comeback in 2005 after Kenner merged with Hasbro in 2000. The brand continued to be revamped with new product ranges until it was shelved in 2018. To date, LPS features more than 3,000 collectible pets and has generated three CG-animated TV series (1995, 2012, 2018).

Hasbro is shifting from managing its own brands to licensing them out to partners, said VP of global toys & games and licensed consumer products Jess Richardson in a release. The company unveiled its new strategy in October, with the goal of increasing profits by 50% and reducing costs by more than US$250 million by 2025.

---

I bet that the outsourcing will happen to MLP as well.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 15, 2023, 04:01:55 PM »
Ooooh, interesting :O Thanks for sharing. I hope the rebooted LPS hits the UK too, I really miss LPS. Hopefully it'll have better distribution than Basic Fun's retro MLP line :(

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 15, 2023, 04:24:25 PM »
I got a couple MLP Mini Worlds toys for my girls for Christmas, expecting them to be like the old Polly Pockets in terms of quality. I was very disappointed. Very cheap, no permanent features, all pieces are not only boring but loose and easily lost, not staying in the pegs very well at all.
 -_-

Hasbro giving MLP to someone else at this point may be for the best...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #966 on: March 15, 2023, 06:15:45 PM »
Well, BF have done better with the retro ponies than Hasbro have done with their own line in years.

I did pick up Opaline in the Entertainer recently because her expression amuses me and because I was stunned to see something other than Sunny (needless to say this wasn't the Entertainer in my town -.-) She's my first and only G5 and I am still not inspired to add any more.

I wouldn't mind if MLP took a long break. I think the brand, if it's ever going to mean anything in the future, needs to let the G4 hype nonsense completely fade before reinventing itself. Retro stuff aside, it's time for a break.

It was time for a break about 6 years ago, but it really is now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 16, 2023, 07:16:47 AM »
Well, BF have done better with the retro ponies than Hasbro have done with their own line in years.

I did pick up Opaline in the Entertainer recently because her expression amuses me and because I was stunned to see something other than Sunny (needless to say this wasn't the Entertainer in my town -.-) She's my first and only G5 and I am still not inspired to add any more.

I wouldn't mind if MLP took a long break. I think the brand, if it's ever going to mean anything in the future, needs to let the G4 hype nonsense completely fade before reinventing itself. Retro stuff aside, it's time for a break.

It was time for a break about 6 years ago, but it really is now.

:iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 22, 2023, 06:50:51 PM »
Oh I wish the LPS was the original ones!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 28, 2023, 01:31:26 PM »
Cracker barrel has the TEs, but no Fizzy. Just Sweet Stuff,Gingerbread and Sky Rocket. :(

Offline littlebabyribbon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Milky Way Design shop - Digital Art & Mock Ups
« Reply #970 on: March 29, 2023, 03:00:24 AM »
I'm really disappointed with the quality of the latest 2 I ordered. I got zipp and opaline, expecting them to be the same quality as sunny, izzy and princess. They're not. The plastic is harder and more brittle and shiny. The wings and legs look really unfinished the way they are attached and move.
Opaline hair that's braided around her ears is moulded even though the rest of the hair is rooted.
I'm considering sending them back :(

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 03, 2023, 11:15:39 PM »
I stopped by the toy isle at Target this weekend and came to the conclusion that my biggest gripe with G5 is that it seems like Hasbro just doesn’t get what MLP even is anymore? Like the concept of a My Little Pony is basically impossible to mess up. It’s just a colorful plastic horse with long pretty hair to brush!

But Target had a grand total of 4 different MLP products, only one of which falls under that category, the brushable opaline. There was also the Marestream set, a multi pack of the posable figures, one (1) of the Mini World things, and a set of blind bags they had the gall to sell for $20. I know there have always been minifigure spin-off lines, but the brushables were always the main attraction, and at G3 and G4’s peaks, there was always at least half an aisle of them, not a few boxes buried by the (much higher quality) Rainbow High and OMG dolls.

I honestly think the MLP toyline (and the franchise as  a whole) is on autopilot at this point. Hasbro seems to think that due to the success of G4, anything with the MLP name slapped on it is sufficient, and haven’t bothered to do anything interesting aside from replacing the mane 6 with another repetitive cast of characters. The other posters are right in that MLP just seems to be a brand name to slap on various merch and not a core toy brand anymore. It's very telling that they're making stuff like the Equestria Girls and Baby Alives already when G5 doesn't really have many pony toys to its name 2 years in.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2023, 09:50:18 AM »
I'm really disappointed with the quality of the latest 2 I ordered. I got zipp and opaline, expecting them to be the same quality as sunny, izzy and princess. They're not. The plastic is harder and more brittle and shiny. The wings and legs look really unfinished the way they are attached and move.
Opaline hair that's braided around her ears is moulded even though the rest of the hair is rooted.
I'm considering sending them back :(

Not surprising, but certainly disappointing.

Offline Magicharp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2023, 04:01:21 PM »
Hi, everypony!

Unless someone else reposted them, I've just found this neat 4-pony MLP 40th anniversary plush dolls set from this site.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:18:38 PM by Magicharp »
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #974 on: April 05, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »
Oh my goodness those are too adorable 😍 Though it seems an odd choice to make it 3 individual ponies you can either buy separately, or a 4 pack & include two Fireflies? XD
I would love to nab these if I'm eventually able to!!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal