collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 146528 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #900 on: December 24, 2022, 04:51:27 PM »
I went to Target for the first time since 2020 and all of the toys are totally sold out except MLP, which is completely stocked. I was thinking "well, at least ONE of these empty spots HAS to be MLP", but no... I checked the tags and they weren't. Nobody wants these toys. :lookround: Walmart still has all of the Sunny plushes from last year, boxes and boxes of them, on the shelf. There's so many they had to put excess boxes on the top shelf. Not only that, if you look at Walmart, Amazon, etc toy catalogues for Christmas MLP gets a single dinky showing on a page showing off other more interesting toys. LOLs and Rainbow Highs get full pages, MLP gets a single little picture of Jazz Hooves alongside 20 other brands and that's it.

2022 in general has been terrible. What have we gotten this year? Jazz and MWM? That's it? And one more wave of identical looking poseable figures? Zero brushables aside from the styling size. They had a whole Christmas special and no.... Christmas toys? :lookround: Even Best Gift Ever had some toy stuff, even if it sucked.

We're in Year2 and we haven't gotten any like... birthday cakes or real party supplies. There have been some paper plates or whatever in some countries at most. Maybe Year3 we'll get something. Anything? Birthday cards? Stockings? Easter baskets? VALENTINES? Any sort of merchandise? Hello? Everything I see is still G4.

We do have a few Christmas ornaments but to be honest everything from G5 is lackluster. They use the same models for everything. Even if it's third party, everything is identical. Even G4 was marginally more exciting because everyone had to make their own sculpts for the characters. Now they just use the same thing over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

Like what's the problem? Is G5 actually doing bad? Does Hasbro not have faith?

MLP's 40th is coming up. Just days away, even. Hasbro, pick up the pace! Have some passion! Show some respect! Though I expect all of that from Basic Fun instead...
its a lack of variety in toys, even G4 was not doing as well as people were thinking, especially close to the end which i think is why they did a style switch on toys to see if it'd save the line. the show being Netflix only -correct me if wrong i don't have cable- kids are getting tired of the same ponys in the same mold  with new accessories. they haven't learned from g4 that the core ponies over and over again isn't a money maker other than for customizers.

I've seen brushable ponies in Dollar General but thats about the only place i've seen them, mine has a Zipp and a Sunny still on the shelf.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline WingedDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #901 on: December 25, 2022, 11:42:42 AM »
Is it just me or does anyone else think it's weird we didn't see a rush of pony toys before the holiday shopping season? I wonder if G5 is doing well or not for Hasbro...
I think the world has changed. G4 would have suffered something similar if not for the cartoon that draw teen/young adult who watched Foster Home and Powerpuff Girls, growing up. Most kids get their entertainment from Internet now, on top of fewer children are being born in wealthy counties. I have seen an age shift in toys, as more adults are the one buying them.

I can be a Pony boomer and start complaining about how nothing after G3 look good, but I think this is all about the world without a lot of children. It just makes me sad.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #902 on: December 25, 2022, 03:31:44 PM »
I think Hasbro just has shifted priorities, they're seeing (maybe? it's hard to tell) another shift now as their previous CEO has passed on, but they were going gung-ho on entertainment sector with their purchase of eOne, which they've now sold (to my knowledge? I know they were considering selling eOne stuff not linked to an existing Hasbro brand). We are also still seeing supply chain struggles due to the covid policy in China, I think they ordered their planned Q4 stuff way back to arrive in Summer so they would not have to worry about an overload of supply in Q1. We do have a few toys that seemed to not quite make the Q4 date, but I think those were planned for Q1 anyway.

I'd argue Hasbro should be putting more effort into their toys, even as children do indeed have more options for entertainment, it should be a cue to Hasbro that they need to step up their offerings to be on par or better than the other options, and they seem to not be doing that, MLP side, anyway.

FWIW, they did recently license out LPS to the company that handles the retro G1 stuff, which I think bodes very greatly for that company and perhaps the environment of toy collecting, but may also show that Hasbro continues to look away from toys as their main moneymaker and rely more on media.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 28, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »
I think someone mentioned that there wasn't G5 Valentine's cards?  I found some today at the grocery store.  Pic coming soon.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2022, 07:57:56 AM »
FWIW, they did recently license out LPS to the company that handles the retro G1 stuff, which I think bodes very greatly for that company and perhaps the environment of toy collecting, but may also show that Hasbro continues to look away from toys as their main moneymaker and rely more on media.

Oh really? I wonder if that includes Kenner.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2022, 03:06:38 PM »
Here's a pic of the Valentine's cards.

Ponyfan

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #906 on: January 01, 2023, 11:34:53 PM »
Does anyone know know of  where I could possible purchase the iPhone 14 pro my little pony phone case?
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #907 on: January 02, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »
Does anyone know know of  where I could possible purchase the iPhone 14 pro my little pony phone case?

only one's i've seen were on redbubble? was there official ones made?
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 07, 2023, 03:29:03 PM »
I found this at Dollar Tree.

Ponyfan

Offline DazzleBright

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Grew up with g3!
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
« Reply #909 on: January 14, 2023, 04:09:30 PM »
Today I found the g1 retro rainbow mane 6 set at TJ Maxx. They had 4 sets and none had a price on them. Heads up if you’re looking for that set!

PS (Been finding a lot of Sunny Starscout large brushables at similar stores as well, not really discounted by much)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 15, 2023, 11:24:41 AM »
Huh, why isn't this thread sticky any more, is that an error? :o

Anyway, check these out:

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2023/01/a-new-generation-of-equestria-girls-on.html

Possible leaks of G5 EQUESTRIA GIRLS!!! OMG I really hope these are legit, cause I'm in LOVE. I know I'm one of the few (only??) EQG fans on the board but I loved the  dolls (well the original ones at least, hated the reboot) and I missed them... these look SO good! Not too keen on the pony ear headbands but I get why they did that. Articulation looks good too. But omg I'm in loooove... the one with the jeans (Zipp? I think it's Zipp? I'm really bad with the G5 names) is AMAZING, but they all look really cute ;w; Ahhh I need more info!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 15, 2023, 12:00:29 PM »
Yuck. I got into pony because it was horsies not dolls. Wish they'd left this behind in G4.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:03:26 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #912 on: January 15, 2023, 12:35:47 PM »
Yuck. I got into pony because it was horsies not dolls. Wish they'd left this behind in G4.
I'm not a fan of EG either, but, to be fair, it was a spinoff line. It didn't really intrude on the main pony line.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 15, 2023, 03:14:39 PM »

Aw, come on, they had to compete with the Monster High reboot somehow! :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 15, 2023, 04:39:03 PM »

Aw, come on, they had to compete with the Monster High reboot somehow! :silly:

Speaking of dolls, weren't they supposed to have Diamond Select make some for JatH? What happened to that line?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:47:48 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal