collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 146642 times)

Offline DazzleBright

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Grew up with g3!
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #540 on: August 06, 2021, 10:29:07 PM »
Ok, so I have been following the new releases pretty closely, and I haven’t seen anyone else post this. I have found a new set on the Meijer app called the “Favorites Together Collection” and it includes G5 versions of Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle. Whadda ya think about that?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

$25.99
“Pony worlds come together when Sunny Starscout, Twilight Sparkle, and some of their best friends unite under the magic of friendship. Favorites Together Collection pack includes 6 pony figures with character- inspired colors, hair styles, and Cutie Marks. From My Little Pony: A New Generation, meet Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, and Princess Petals. From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, reimagine the magic of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Now designed in the style of: A New Generation characters! Ponies are 3 inches tall with long, soft hair that's fun to play with and style. Each comes with a character-inspired accessory for fashion and storytelling fun. 12 pieces in all! Fans new and old can imagine adventures with iconic My Little Pony: A New Generation and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic favorites.”
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:33:13 PM by DazzleBright »

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #541 on: August 06, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »
Uhh ohh...

Admittedly... they're kinda cute... :lookround: Nice to see them with forelocks again.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2021, 08:11:56 AM »
It's interesting they decided to go with unicorn Twilight here rather than alicorn Twi. I like how they've got bangs!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #543 on: August 07, 2021, 08:15:14 AM »
It's just dawned on me what was bothering me about this photo of this release. Bear in mind it might not be borne out in the actual release, as stock photos can be misleading, but it looks like what might happen if the muppets did a version of FIM. That's what their faces remind me of. Muppetified versions of existing characters.

I don't know how I feel about that.

I guess if that doesn't make sense, what I mean is that they look like caricatures of the ponies, rather than being the ponies themselves...?

They all look a little bit like miss piggy to me :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 07, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »
 :nope: :doh: :shakefist: :throw:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 07, 2021, 12:35:42 PM »
It's just dawned on me what was bothering me about this photo of this release. Bear in mind it might not be borne out in the actual release, as stock photos can be misleading, but it looks like what might happen if the muppets did a version of FIM. That's what their faces remind me of. Muppetified versions of existing characters.

I don't know how I feel about that.

I guess if that doesn't make sense, what I mean is that they look like caricatures of the ponies, rather than being the ponies themselves...?

They all look a little bit like miss piggy to me :/

They do look kind of like Miss Piggy!   :lol:  It's like they took an actual horse's muzzle, made it smile, and stuck it to a human face. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »
I'm happy to see more regular-size brushables, and I always like seeing ponies from another gen in different styles. I like this! I hope it'll be available elsewhere.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 12, 2021, 11:56:31 AM »
I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I found this set today.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #548 on: August 13, 2021, 04:21:34 AM »
Unicorn Snot is apparently going to be/is a thing and it's a facial glittery thing but I wouldn't have called it that. :blink:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 14, 2021, 09:34:27 AM »
I found this today at Target.

Is this a playset?

Ponyfan

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »
That is an accessory set moreso than anything else...it has some larger accessories but not a building.
I went to Target and found mystery coloring book packs in the dollar section for $3 each. There are 4 designs, one for each of the main g5irls.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 14, 2021, 06:02:30 PM »
I found the new World's Smallest ponies (Micro Toy Box) at Smyths Toys yesterday. They're new! They're not just re-releases of the old ones in boxes, like I thought before!!

(Ignore the Sylvanians ^^;)

They had two different types, a 20-pack and a 5-pack, I also saw a 10-pack (w/ 6 toys shown outright and 4 blind-packaged) at Sainsbury's. So there's lots of ways to pick these up.
Most of the 20-packs I saw had 2 of the MLPs, I think I saw all three in the 5-packs too, so they're easy to find, no need to bother with hoping you get one in the blind bag.

Comparison between these and the previous World's Smallest MLPs (sorry about Bluebelle's hair, it's impossible to tame!!):

The Micro MLPs don't have brushable hair obviously, they're also even teenier than the WS ponies (!). They can be taken out of the boxes (they're sealed in there with a little bit of tape) but I'm choosing to keep mine "mint in box"... I want extras to debox XD Is this how you MIB collectors feel??

Each side of the box. Looks like they based these more off the Basic Fun ponies than the original 1980s G1s; I'm guessing it was easier to fit the ponies into a box, than a card like the Transformers, Power Rangers etc are on? Maybe? I like it, anyway - might not be "accurate" exactly, but it is cute ^^

I checked the checklist and there's only these three in the first series. I hope they'll add more in later waves though! I did notice this on the 5-pack packaging...

Isn't that Minty and Snuzzle?!? I hope this is a sign of things to come!! (Hey, looking at it again, isn't that Optimus underneath them, too? He isn't in series 1, just Screamer and BB are released right now. Ooooh. I really hope these are a preview of the next wave and not just prototypes they decided not to go with!)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 14, 2021, 06:05:53 PM »
I found the new World's Smallest ponies (Micro Toy Box) at Smyths Toys yesterday. They're new! They're not just re-releases of the old ones in boxes, like I thought before!!

(Ignore the Sylvanians ^^;)

They had two different types, a 20-pack and a 5-pack, I also saw a 10-pack (w/ 6 toys shown outright and 4 blind-packaged) at Sainsbury's. So there's lots of ways to pick these up.
Most of the 20-packs I saw had 2 of the MLPs, I think I saw all three in the 5-packs too, so they're easy to find, no need to bother with hoping you get one in the blind bag.

Comparison between these and the previous World's Smallest MLPs (sorry about Bluebelle's hair, it's impossible to tame!!):

The Micro MLPs don't have brushable hair obviously, they're also even teenier than the WS ponies (!). They can be taken out of the boxes (they're sealed in there with a little bit of tape) but I'm choosing to keep mine "mint in box"... I want extras to debox XD Is this how you MIB collectors feel??

Each side of the box. Looks like they based these more off the Basic Fun ponies than the original 1980s G1s; I'm guessing it was easier to fit the ponies into a box, than a card like the Transformers, Power Rangers etc are on? Maybe? I like it, anyway - might not be "accurate" exactly, but it is cute ^^

I checked the checklist and there's only these three in the first series. I hope they'll add more in later waves though! I did notice this on the 5-pack packaging...

Isn't that Minty and Snuzzle?!? I hope this is a sign of things to come!! (Hey, looking at it again, isn't that Optimus underneath them, too? He isn't in series 1, just Screamer and BB are released right now. Ooooh. I really hope these are a preview of the next wave and not just prototypes they decided not to go with!)

Ohhh cuuute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 14, 2021, 07:01:19 PM »

That is an accessory set moreso than anything else...it has some larger accessories but not a building.
I went to Target and found mystery coloring book packs in the dollar section for $3 each. There are 4 designs, one for each of the main g5irls.

I didn't see the coloring book packs.  I'll have to look for them next time.

I love the micro MLP toys. :lovey:  :lovey:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 07:03:43 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 14, 2021, 09:06:19 PM »

Ooo fun!  I definitely want to grab a few of these for myself and my friends' kiddos
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal