collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Walking Dead Governor pony  (Read 180 times)

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead Governor pony
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
My friend, Obscuria asked me for yet another favor. To make her two customs of the Governor from the Walking Dead show. She was going to meet the actor who plays him. She wanted to give him a baby version and have him sign the adult version. Just like what she wanted to do when she was suppose to be Norman, but that plan didnt work out, so she will hold on to her Daryl ponies for next time.

The adult pony was made from a Sundae best pony who needed a little surgery to remove the 3d sundaes off their rump. I had to sculpt over the hole as best as I could. I went with the description she wanted. I sculpted some hooves to give him that boy pony look. She wanted a blue grey body, so I went with also a powder blue color. She wanted golden brown hair with silver streaks, I wasn't able to get anything, so I had to use what I had on hand. RDUS Chocolate Fudge and yellow donor hair I had from a G3 tail and DH Starlite. I sculpted an eyepatch over his right eye. I painted the symbol she wanted, his knife and eye patch. She also wanted the Woodbury on one of his front hooves. She wanted some blood splatter on his hooves and a bit on his chest. I sealed the symbols, eye, eye patch and woodbury with a sealer.

The baby was baby Cuddles, who turns out has a big slit in the tail hole area. No fun there. Glue would not keep it sealed and the tail still broke through. He got the same treatment as the adult minus the furry hooves.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: The Walking Dead Governor pony
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
Very cool! The paintwork is great! Love the eyes!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »
Those are good! I love the Walking Dead!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »
I don't know anything about the Walking Dead, but it looks like you did a great job with both of them!  And I really like how you styled the adult's hair, I've never seen a 'do quite like it and it is fun!  Was the sculpting on the feet difficult?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
Very cool!  I love the symbols!

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »
I don't know anything about the Walking Dead, but it looks like you did a great job with both of them!  And I really like how you styled the adult's hair, I've never seen a 'do quite like it and it is fun!  Was the sculpting on the feet difficult?

yeah, i did their hair shorter than girl pony hair and styled it forward to look more manish. the fett sculpting is a bit tricking. it all depends on the pose of their feet. if they touch too much then the clay sticks together. i use a mold i made from a big brother ponys foot. i sculpted clay around each leg and press the mold into the clay to give it the furry hooves. smooth out any rough areas and bake.

so far i have heard from a friend of obscuria that she loves the ponies and when she took them to see the actor David Morrisey, he too loved his baby pony. until i hear more from here or get pictures of the meet, i will post them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal