collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rate the specials: Favorite to Least Favorite  (Read 410 times)

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
Rate the specials: Favorite to Least Favorite
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:18:04 PM »
I'm only doing the CGI specials because New Ghoul in School and Fright On felt more like episodes of a TV show.

1. Friday Night Frights- it had a get message, solid delivery, and put a lot of characters in the limelight without it feeling to cluttered

2. Skull Shores- wasn't that bad, liked seeing more Lagoona but I wish it had focused more on her and less on Frankie

3. Ghouls Rule- had an odd pace, romances out of nowhere, horrid subplots, and just messy

4. Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love- derailed characters, made Clawd and Draculaura's relationship a mess, had a theme that didn't really mesh with me

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Rate the specials: Favorite to Least Favorite
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
1.) Friday Night Frights. I loved everything about it!
2.) Ghoul's Rule. The only thing that could have been better was the subplot about Draculaura and Clawdeen. I didn't think that was necessary at all.
3.) Skull Shores. Just didn't strike me as all that great. More like Meh.
4.) Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love? This was just all over the place.

I think MH is just getting better and better with these specials. I think the first ones were a mess, because they were trying to figure out how to fill that much time. I am loving the new specials as they come out. I am hoping Scaris will be even better :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
1. Friday Night Frights - It had a wonderful message that wasn't super girly, gave many great characters plenty of spotlight and didn't focus only on Frankie, Draculaura and Clawdeen.

2. Skull Shores - I really enjoyed this one because of the focus on Lagoona and Gil's relationship. I also didn't enjoy that Frankie was the focus, but hey. She's supposed to be the star of the show. It had a solid story and fun!

3. Ghoul's Rule - This one was fun, it was a bit of a mess at times, but overall it was fun.

4. Why Do Ghoul's Fall in Love - This one was eh. Draculaura was so whiny and selfish. I thought Clawd did a nice job trying to make her happy with what he had. I also didn't get some things that they showed. Like when Clawdeen and Cleo went through the catacombs and the skull they walked past lit up and looked their way and then when they found the skullette key, they panned out and showed a bunch of keys behind the skull. It didn't make sense to me.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
1. Ghouls Rule - Fun story, and one of the things I really loved about it was how they treated Jackson. He wasn't just a "punching bag" or "the uncool one compared to Holt", but actually had a big role in the special.

2. Friday Night Frights - really liked the message behind it and how they didn't exactly go the "typical" route when it comes to "girl power!" . Also enjoyed how they handled Robecca Steam in it - it made me like the character a lot.

3. Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love - Cute special, but I admit I wasn't too keen on how Draculaura was acting in it. Valentine(?) got annoying after a bit.

4. Escape from Skull Shores - I kinda felt it was boring. It wasn't horrible or anything, but could have been much better.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
1. Ghoul's Rule- I rewatch this one way too much. Some great Abbey lines! She's such a fun character.
2. Friday Night Frights- They just keep getting better! This one was really fantastic. I only wish it was a smidge longer because it was so fun!
3. Skull Shores- Lagoona and Gil centric and I really liked that. But I got really mad at Gil several times. Plus now I wish they would make an Andy (and we know they won't).
4. Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?- I liked Ghoulia's subplot better than the actual story (mostly because of Heath). I felt bad so for Clawd and he kept making such sad puppy eyes. But I did like Cupid's introduction and I wish she would have more of a role in future specials. This special also has me pondering what Lagoona and Gil were doing in that fountain. Is the fountain really deep? Attached to the unfathomable swimming pool? Do they just hang out in there? So many questions!

I can't wait to see the new specials. I have a feeling I'm going to love the Scaris one!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
Does Fright On not count? Because it's my favorite. No hideous CGI models and some nice conflict + Twilight jokes :cool:

From the CGI ones I only really enjoyed Friday Night Frights. I'd list the others like this:

1.) Skull Shores (a bit boring/stereotypical, but still a nice message for kids)
2.) WDGFIL (Lala's behaviour was almost unbearable in this one)
3.) Ghouls Rule (Monsters = X-Men and a stupid forced date for Clawdeen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal