collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 35970 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1440 on: January 27, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »
I haven't really had bad experiences with walmart. They've always checked stuff for me and always held things if I needed it. And coming from someone who worked at walmart, I personally helped everyone I could and went out of my way to help people. I also helped out in the photo department as well as connection center when I was supposed to only be an electronics associate. So while there are a lot of people who are less then helpful and make it clear they don't want to be there, not every associate is bad.

Anyway, while on the topic of walmart, Catrine still hasn't made it to MN. Here's hoping for tomorrow!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 27, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »
I guess I'm lucky, the folks who work at the Walmarts near me have always been really nice and helpful:)

I'm taping all the MH episodes with DVR, bwahahaha!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 27, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »
Didn't we talk about MH dreams a few weeks ago?
Last night I had one. Oh gods.

I dreamt that Mattel had fused with some other toy company and they would make Transformer-like water and hover crafts for MH dolls. But the dolls would be smaller and not as detailed. They could get into the vehicles and the vehicles could also transform to robot-mode, only the robots would each look similar to their doll companion in style and color scheme.

There were sets with Gil, Lagoona and an underwater craft that looked a bit like a futuristic submarine, a hover craft for Robecca and several deep sea thingies for Clawd, Frankie and Abbey.

WHAT THE HECK?! :nuts:

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
I found Dawn of the Dance Cleo MIB for $20 at the flea market this morning! I should have left it there, now I want the other DOTD dolls, lol

How exciting, congrats! Cleo is too pretty :heart: And in box no less~ Wish my flea market was that cool. ^.^

Didn't we talk about MH dreams a few weeks ago?
Last night I had one. Oh gods.

There were sets with Gil, Lagoona and an underwater craft that looked a bit like a futuristic submarine, a hover craft for Robecca and several deep sea thingies for Clawd, Frankie and Abbey.
Yes~ a few days ago too hahaha yay for dreams, even if they are weird. I want a hover craft for Robecca....

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 27, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
I too have terrible experience with Walmart employees. I call and they are very rude and i'm always on hold for so long. I have also had bad experiences when I check out with my dolls - the employees feel the need to comment on how ugly these dolls are and they can't believe they are popular. If it weren't for exclusives I would never bother going there or calling because I can't stand rude customer service

Yep, I've had the cashiers make similar comments on the dolls as well. It happens for ponies, too. The other day I bought the white Celestia & Pinkie Pie set and the cashier made a comment about how she hates how the new ponies look and doesn't understand why they're popular. I collect all the gens, and I understand some people aren't into the G4s, but still, I think it's inappropriate to make comments like that to customers. This only happens at Walmart, though. When I buy MH, MLP or Hello Kitty stuff at Target, I don't get any rude comments, weird looks or anything. Occasionally I'll get a cashier who comments on something being cute, but it's never negative.

same for me. target has never been rude or terrible customer service
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 27, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
I too have terrible experience with Walmart employees. I call and they are very rude and i'm always on hold for so long. I have also had bad experiences when I check out with my dolls - the employees feel the need to comment on how ugly these dolls are and they can't believe they are popular. If it weren't for exclusives I would never bother going there or calling because I can't stand rude customer service

Yep, I've had the cashiers make similar comments on the dolls as well. It happens for ponies, too. The other day I bought the white Celestia & Pinkie Pie set and the cashier made a comment about how she hates how the new ponies look and doesn't understand why they're popular. I collect all the gens, and I understand some people aren't into the G4s, but still, I think it's inappropriate to make comments like that to customers. This only happens at Walmart, though. When I buy MH, MLP or Hello Kitty stuff at Target, I don't get any rude comments, weird looks or anything. Occasionally I'll get a cashier who comments on something being cute, but it's never negative.

same for me. target has never been rude or terrible customer service

Unfortunately I have to disagree as I have received bad customer service from Target as well... I do however agree that Target des seem to be better than Walmart employees... Although **ALL** retail stores seem to have a level of "ignorance" (Im not sure that is the word I am looking for... possibly un-educatedness) as far as their employees in the toy section... Seeing as how they work there ~ALL THE TIME~ (as in their whole shift, for the most part) and that they see the sections every you would think they would be up to speed on things... but that sadly isnt the case... I get the most frustrated when you give a complete description... (for example: I am looking for DDG Spectra. She has a purple/dark purple polka dotted dress, and has her hair in a pony tail. The box looks like... blah blah blah... etc) and then they say yes we have this in... Would you like me to hold it? Of course everyone here would say yes please... (some would even double check). Then when you get there... it is not correct... How could you get it wrong.. I described EVERYTHING... lol... gah sometimes its just down right aggrivating... lol (Vent over)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #1446 on: January 27, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »
In their defense... Monster High is super confusing if you're not into it. The fact that the same character with the same name appears in several different incarnations must make it tricky to tell these toys apart. I doubt that employees are intentionally misleading customers with their information.

I do not have any experience either way on this, because I usually just scout stores for the toys I'm looking for in person. It's good to have a non-work excuse to leave the house sometimes. :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »
I have a question I thought Jackson/Holt were kinda with Frankie. Then I just watched that Ghouls Rule on Nick. Total confusion.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 27, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
I never called Target, but they are nice when helping with customer service.

I usually just scout stores for the toys I'm looking for in person. It's good to have a non-work excuse to leave the house sometimes. :)
This to the max!! I rather go in-store in person and look for myself than get mislead and I usually make up an excuse to go out and search for MH Dolls too! :P

I have a question I thought Jackson/Holt were kinda with Frankie. Then I just watched that Ghouls Rule on Nick. Total confusion.
They went on a break until they can come to an agreement. Ever since, they just been friends.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #1449 on: January 27, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
The Claire thing came outta nowhere. She didn't show any interest in him until the end. I didn't really like that.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 27, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
The Claire thing came outta nowhere. She didn't show any interest in him until the end. I didn't really like that.

She said Holt was kind of cute and then Jackson was grossed out. That part was funny!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 27, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »

She said Holt was kind of cute and then Jackson was grossed out. That part was funny!
Yet she ends up kissing Jackson. I dunno didn't like that pairing at all.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 27, 2013, 06:12:12 PM »
I liked it because Jackson/Holt has such a hard time fitting in in the monster community, but Claire seemed to like him the way he is.  She thought Holt was cute and kissed Jackson.  She doesn't see them as two people and that's really what he needs.

Frankie and Jackson/Holt didn't work out because she couldn't handle the two of them, but with Claire's (the way I see Claire's) point of view he's just one guy.

But maybe I'm putting WAY too much thought into this :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 27, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
I liked it because Jackson/Holt has such a hard time fitting in in the monster community, but Claire seemed to like him the way he is.  She thought Holt was cute and kissed Jackson.  She doesn't see them as two people and that's really what he needs.

Frankie and Jackson/Holt didn't work out because she couldn't handle the two of them, but with Claire's (the way I see Claire's) point of view he's just one guy.

But maybe I'm putting WAY too much thought into this :lol:

I dunno when you put it like that it kinda makes sense.. To me anyways, I was hoping Frankie and Holt/Jackson could figure something out however I like how Claire sees him as one guy.. Who knows,Maybe they can share. Frankie with Holt and Claire with Jackson. :0)

Cannot believe I forgot to tell that I just got Ghoulia's scooter from Walmart online for $12 -$15.75 after shipping. I won't get it till feb 6 or so but I couldn't believe it. I was checking Walmart to see if they are going to put Catrine DewMew online or just have her in stores and there was the scooter on sale.. I have wanted it but was hesitant cause of the price, but for what they had it for I couldn't pass it up.. Very awesome  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:30:54 PM by Jenn77 »
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
I don't keep up with the webisodes, and I've only seen them once if I've seen them at all, so I'm not biased to any pairing.  I can understand how someone who watches the webisodes would be unhappy.  I think if you look at the bright side, though, we'll probably never see her again :lol:

My cannon of choice is the diaries.  It's a lot easier to keep track that way.  And I am lazy :biggrin:

Congrats on your deal:)  Always like seeing MH on sale once in awhile!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal