collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you end up with your baits?  (Read 2254 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you end up with your baits?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »
Interesting topic, as I've wondered this too and assumed many people got them from eBay lots.

Right now I have many baits that I wanna get rid of. Much of them came from a lot of ponies I got on Craigslist.

Most of my other baits come from flea markets. I tend to not leave cheap G1s behind unless they are in SUCH disgusting condition that I don't even wanna touch them. I have a few baits from there lying around too that I need to seek homes for. Just wish I wasn't so lazy about getting pics.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »
Mostly from the thrift store.  The ones around here tend to bag smaller toys.  Usually they will bag like toys together so I can often get 2 or more ponies in one bag.  Also when I first started collecting I wasn't as picky as I am now, but I still will pick up a G1 bait on purpose if I don't have it yet. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
I trade with people on here now and then.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
I used to buy ponies in lots from ebay, and there was often a mix of ones that could be restored, and baits...Although, since I've been here, I've seen some members work some magic.  Maybe there were more that could have been saved then I thought.  I had at least 60 at one point, mostly G1s, which I gave away here.

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
The 'baits' I have either have been ponies wrongly described in the auction (grr!) which arent up to standard for my display or have come in a lot with some ponies that i really wanted. The issue I have is getting rid of the not so nice ones, as I dont customise :(

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »
I usually prefer to buy baits over nice ones. I have no idea, but it's something about that "well loved" factor and those flawed ponies.  :lookround:  I'm enjoying the restoration process though since a lot of these that people classify as horrible are turning out lovely. I think I just like making them pretty, so my baits show up here intentionally. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »
It's a case of getting pony lots on eBay, sometimes there will be loads of baity ponies, also I'll buy bad condition ponies to restore but never get around to it.

That's what I do too. And I'm not really a picky collector either.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
One on one.

Few from lots, the big majority from the flea market where I decided I could not leave behing any G1 (I say so...) if the price is right even if it's in really bait condition.

Another bunch was from a cousing that gave them to me =)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
Ill buy a lot of ponies on ebay just for one or 2 i really want, an there are usuall baits in all lots. Ive also bought some off here, and often buying ponies off ebay that are supposed to be excellent condition that turn out to be the opposite, is mostly how I end up with so many!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
I get a lot from trades and people selling on here. :heart:

But I buy them to put in my collection and love. So I don't go for the really bad ones (like those missing limbs or whatever).
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »
Most of mine are either from thrifting or from lots that I bought for other ponies.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
Some of mine come from thrift stores or the flea market.  Some I get in lots.  A few end up living as part of my collection because they are too cute to bait.

Like this one:

Or a seashell with chewed-off feet, dye spots, and glue in her hair!  I was thinking of doing an alternate restoration of her, but can't decide on the colors.

When I have a specific bait that I need for a project, I usually ask around here.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 11:42:20 PM »
I get most of mine in thrift stores around me, if they are in good condition even better, because then I can usually trade them off for 2-3 baits depending on which pony it is. I also tried collecting g3 a year ago, after I got about 20 I realized I'm just not as happy with them, so I traded most of those for baits as well, a select few g3 I kept in my collection lol. Besides that most of my baits come from the arena.

I really only customize g3 or newer but occasionally I'll customize a g1 baby or SHS ;) , they have to be mega baity though lol Id feel bad otherwise, and Im just not a big fan of g1 adult customs, their bodies are just too bulky I think. Oddly enough the big bodies are the reason I love collecting them instead xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:06 AM »
Oh I have heaps, mainly from rough ones in lots, thrift stores, random finds, or I've bought them for a song with a view to tidying them up (like TAF Yum Yum). I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them, I really need to clean the entire herd up.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
I do thrift stores.  Cheaper that way.  I have looked at eBay lots though, but never bought them.

I've only ever had one real bait from my childhood:  my first pony, Sky Skimmer.  I got her when I was four or so, and overtime, she lost her eye gems, got tons of marks on her body, and got tail rust.  Also, her tail was frizzy, so I cut it to about half, then I did her mane to match.  Then looking at her made me sad, so I used her as my first restoration.  She looks horrible, being my first job and all, but still better than before.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal