collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed  (Read 15036 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2019, 03:52:03 AM »
I love this.  No way for me to get one though.  I hate conventioron exclusive stuff cause I can't ever get them. My cousin goes. Every year but she has set stuff she waits in line for.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:54:01 AM by gemini_pony »

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2019, 04:02:35 AM »
LOVE the G1/G3 Twilight in this set!! But that G4 Twilight is really...meh. I don't like the new style of the G4's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2019, 04:22:23 AM »
I like her a lot! I think it’s so cool and unique. I’m glad hasbro did this and created a new toy for the exclusive rather than just re-releasing a basic fun twilight repro, which I’m sure everyone here would have rolled their eyes at and the “why can’t we get something different?! Hasbroken is so lazy!” Remarks would be flying. It just proves that no matter what, people will be unhappy, and that’s fine! For every one unhappy person there’s another person who will gladly purchase this.

Yup!!! :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2019, 06:19:35 AM »
I’m excited for this!  I think it’s very nice.  I hope this is G5!  they gotta reuse that mold!

I know they usually sell exclusives online - but where will they sell it?  Hasbro Pulse doesn’t have MLP! at all.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »
I edited the Twilight:

I fixed her "bobblehead" head/neck, placed her eye up higher, and made her head smaller.

On the bottom row I traced the Twilight in case it's easier that way to compare it to the Retro/"Modern G1" art (which I'm convinced is the intention and not a G3).

You should show this to Hasbro. It looks SO much better with the modifications you made!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2019, 07:15:59 AM »
I edited the Twilight:

I fixed her "bobblehead" head/neck, placed her eye up higher, and made her head smaller.

On the bottom row I traced the Twilight in case it's easier that way to compare it to the Retro/"Modern G1" art (which I'm convinced is the intention and not a G3).

You should show this to Hasbro. It looks SO much better with the modifications you made!

This looks 100% better, if we got Ragamuffin's version with a sculpted eye for G5 I'd ascend into a new plane of happiness and buy them all! 😂😂😂

I don't so much mind the bigger head and eye size, its that the eye is droopy and the jaw is protruding. That said I'll try to get this set if I can.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:19:47 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2019, 07:25:08 AM »
I’m excited for this!  I think it’s very nice.  I hope this is G5!  they gotta reuse that mold!

I know they usually sell exclusives online - but where will they sell it?  Hasbro Pulse doesn’t have MLP! at all.

The article said they'll be selling them at Hasbro Pulse. Even though they don't sell ponies normally on there, they're probably making an exception for this release since they always tend to sell their convention ponies online.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2019, 07:31:46 AM »
I edited the Twilight:

If the proportions were like your edit I'd try to get her and pay a crazy price for something that comes with another Twilight mold I dislike, so I am kind of glad she does not look like that ;)

Really love the edited version. Hasbro, take note.

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2019, 07:36:20 AM »
“Hasbro is bringing the My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle 2-pack to San Diego Comic-Con. This SDCC exclusive pack features a vintage version and a modern version of Twilight Sparkle in their 3″ form. They are house in a double sided window box for ideal displaying.  It will retail for $20 and be available at the Hasbro booth.”

“As always, extra inventory will also be released on Hasbro’s website in very limited quantities after the convention.”

Source: https://sdccblog.com/2019/06/hasbro-san-diego-comic-con-2019-exclusives/

So It’ll be $20 +shipping on Hasbro Pulse along with the other SDCC exclusives. There will be a limit on how many you can buy, usually 1 or 2/household.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:38 AM »
“Hasbro is bringing the My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle 2-pack to San Diego Comic-Con. This SDCC exclusive pack features a vintage version and a modern version of Twilight Sparkle in their 3″ form. They are house in a double sided window box for ideal displaying.  It will retail for $20 and be available at the Hasbro booth.”

“As always, extra inventory will also be released on Hasbro’s website in very limited quantities after the convention.”

Source: https://sdccblog.com/2019/06/hasbro-san-diego-comic-con-2019-exclusives/

So It’ll be $20 +shipping on Hasbro Pulse along with the other SDCC exclusives. There will be a limit on how many you can buy, usually 1 or 2/household.

I was just going to ask about Hasbro Pulse.

Last year the SDCC exclusive went for sale shortly after SDCC on their site and now it's still only like $25-30 on ebay. Hopefully they made enough and this one has the same availability. :D
~Foxtale~

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2019, 08:11:27 AM »
Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this. (Well, about Twilight.. not a fan of Twilight Sparkle in general, so obviously this one's not doing much for it ;)) My immediate thought was "that's not G1, that's G3?" but yeah, looking at the packaging, it does look like they based her more off the 2010s retro art than anything. Which like y'all have said, isn't necessarily bad, but it's also not what they're advertising her as, either...

(also the vague implication that Twilight + Twilight Sparkle = the exact same character! sorta bothers me - sure TS is based on Twilight, that doesn't make them the same - but I've been irritated by that notion for years, so it's nothing new I guess, haha)

Not a fan of pearly ponies personally, and WHY did they make her stars so dang light?! o.O They just get lost since her body's so light (and pearly), plus Twilight's stars are dark purple to begin with? Weird.

But.. she is a weird novelty, and y'all know how much I love weird things like this.. so idk how to feel. I guess I want to see owner photos of her?

It's a nice idea, anyway, if nothing else. Although I wish they'd shown G2 some love, too. (well, and G3, but that Twilight is so G3-esque it's hard to feel short-changed there, y'know? :P) Poor ol' G2, always getting the short end of the stick.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »
Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this. (Well, about Twilight.. not a fan of Twilight Sparkle in general, so obviously this one's not doing much for it ;)) My immediate thought was "that's not G1, that's G3?" but yeah, looking at the packaging, it does look like they based her more off the 2010s retro art than anything. Which like y'all have said, isn't necessarily bad, but it's also not what they're advertising her as, either...

(also the vague implication that Twilight + Twilight Sparkle = the exact same character! sorta bothers me - sure TS is based on Twilight, that doesn't make them the same - but I've been irritated by that notion for years, so it's nothing new I guess, haha)

Not a fan of pearly ponies personally, and WHY did they make her stars so dang light?! o.O They just get lost since her body's so light (and pearly), plus Twilight's stars are dark purple to begin with? Weird.

But.. she is a weird novelty, and y'all know how much I love weird things like this.. so idk how to feel. I guess I want to see owner photos of her?

It's a nice idea, anyway, if nothing else. Although I wish they'd shown G2 some love, too. (well, and G3, but that Twilight is so G3-esque it's hard to feel short-changed there, y'know? :P) Poor ol' G2, always getting the short end of the stick.

Same here.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »
Figures they give you something new and something we've seen a billion times. I suppose you could sell the figure but who'd want another Twilight figurine when you can probably get an identical version for much less? At least the the other figurine isn't bad.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2019, 08:18:36 AM »
Figures they give you something new and something we've seen a billion times. I suppose you could sell the figure but who'd want another Twilight figurine when you can probably get an identical version for much less? At least the the other figurine isn't bad.

Well, they're not truly giving us something new in retrospect. Aside from the new  mould on Twilight.

(Which. I really, really, really hope is the new G5 style.)

Post Merge: June 21, 2019, 08:29:33 AM

Her pose kinda reminds me of a cross between Whistle Wishes and Sweet Breeze.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:30:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »

I was just going to ask about Hasbro Pulse.

Last year the SDCC exclusive went for sale shortly after SDCC on their site and now it's still only like $25-30 on ebay. Hopefully they made enough and this one has the same availability. :D

Not really a matter of how many they make, more how popular each set is. Like with the G3 SDCC ponies, they probably all had the same number of ponies per year but some are more expensive than others on the second-hand market.  I haven't paid too much attention to the G4 SDCC ponies but I would guess it would be the same.

I mean, you could show them for future ideas if they intend to reuse the mold, but in terms of the actual SDCC pony, it's literally next month so all the ponies for it have already been made. ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:34:24 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal