collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the G1 playsets not popular at the moment?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Are the G1 playsets not popular at the moment?
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
...Aside from Paradise Estate, that is! I just rehomed my Paradise Estate to somewhere that will love it and play with it and enjoy it. It's the castle of castles, and the biggest thing Hasbro ever made for the ponies.

So why aren't the other sets moving at the moment? Or are they? I have several up and they've had no interest, similarly the G3 sets. Is it because they're bulky to post? Do people just not want to bother with them? I'm confused as to what the reasoning is. I know I am having to sell mine because of having no space / impending 'less space than before, argh sell everything'.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Are the G1 playsets not popular at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
Oh, I'd like a few more of the playsets besides Dream Castle, especially the Waterfall and Lullabye Nursery, but money is an issue at the moment. Space is an issue too, but less of one than money. :) I'll make space for what I really like.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
I think it's a size issue the G1 playsets are so big that they're too much to ship really and it's a lot of space to display them

Offline Dusky

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
Aye, I used mine as display shelves in their own right. The G3 castles are brilliant for that as they're tall/thin, so is the nursery. The other ones aren't so great and they do take up a fat footprint for the amount of display space they have inside them.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
i myself want  the lullabye nursey and the other playsets the problem is. that it costs so much to  ship them.  plus the cost of acutly buying them and in the end it isnt worth it becuae  you spend  more of shipping then you do on the item.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
I love playsaets but have no money lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »
I have the lullabye nursey if anyone would like it. I'll take the cost of shipping. Shameless plug I know. Ha ha

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
I have most (I think? I'm working on inventory), but no space to display them. Then again, I still live with my parents - Mom's unemployed, so they can't afford to have me move out. Not keeping me from looking, mind. ;) I think space is the main consideration for many of the playsets. The collection itself tends to have this problem, too, come to think on it.

Maybe that's why the G4 line is so small compared to the previous ones. :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Dusky

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »
The G4s and Blind Bags do take up a lot less space! For all that they're inhale-able sized...

When I had the room to spread the playsets out they did look fantastic. To be honest I used the Show Stable as a holding box for all the furniture/accessories/bits that I didn't want to display with the relevant ponies but  wanted to keep out on the shelves.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
for me the space isnt an issue. lol i live ith my  parnts nad in a camper so i ahve plenty of space lol i dont really have  any of the older playsets. i  have a couple of  the ponyville sets i think. i have the  bubblegume one  the latidah  one  and the  rainbow dash rianbow one.  i just recently got soemone to pick me up a  bunch of the  g3 ones ^^ i really  evnetualy want to get the   pretty parlor the nursery  dream castle paradise estate show stable adn he  pretty puff parlor. 

kaz  have you thought aobut shelves?  its what my dad  did for me built shelves itnot he wall.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
I'd kill for more playsets, but even if I had the space I can only imagine how expensive shipping would be. Someone gave me the PE pool and patio table/chairs for free, and it cost them over $13 to ship because of the size. It wasn't even heavy at all.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 07:35:09 PM »
Besides space, I think shipping kills the playset sales. I love the G1 playsets, and have been looking for a pink dream castle, but I am not wiling to pay up the rear for one so I have not found one yet that suits the budget :)

The ones that are in the budget are not in great shape. :( If I found one with perfect hinges on the other hand...I might pay up the rear for it :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »
It's all about space for me.  I have one shelf and that's pretty much it; the rest of my collection is in storage (though I rotate bits in and out here and there for fairness' sake).  I have the Waterfall and the School of Dance that I'd love to display, but just no room.  I'd love the Dream Castle and the Show Stable and the Lullabye Nursery, but short of hanging them from the ceiling... :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
I want the Waterfall, Dream Castle, Paradise Estate, and a slew of other G1 playsets, heck, just ONE would be nice, even show stable! But they're too expensive, too big, and I barely have the room for the G4 castle playset.

Though I'd rather just have G1 Spike :P
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
im desperately after the lullaby nursery, i have all the rest but i just keep getting out bid or peeps dont send overseas,
playsets are my all time fav as i only had the waterfall as a kid and so wanted the others eg show stable dream castle, nursery.
the dont have the room but it doesn't stop me from owning them, i just can't have them all out on display, though in saying that im tossing up selling me home sweet home as its always boxed

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal