collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Queen Chrysalis & Nightmare Moon  (Read 9854 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Queen Chrysalis & Nightmare Moon
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
Hot Topic is simply doing what they always do moving on to the next "hot topic" nothing besides Disney sticks around, it's actually kinda cool how long ponies were in stores, they will be back when the movie comes out I bet.

Funko is still making MLP (they are coming out with these emoji ponies they showed at toyfair), but its uncertain if these two vinyls or more are coming at this point since we haven't seen finished versions yet, its still early in the year yet, could be a multiple reasons for the delay. Don't give up everyone they might be coming soon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »
Exactly. Once something becomes insanely popular, Hot Topic jumps on that. The MLP fandom seems to have dwindled down a bit, so that's probably why they've been slowly phasing the ponies out.

I'm still okay with this, especially since HT is so overpriced. They run good sales, but sometimes those sales just bring items down to the price they'd be in another store.

I'm really hoping Barnes & Noble especially starts carrying the newer vinyls (if we get them). I know the ones around here have a pretty extensive area for collectibles, including lots of Funko products. I know they already carry the older waves of ponies, but I could definitely see them getting newer ones too. I could also see Walmart picking them up and carrying them, like they do with the older ones. Toys R Us not so much. I don't know about you guys, but whenever I'd see a vinyl ponies there, the boxes were all damaged beyond repair, it was terrible.

Going out on Maud and Cheese Sandwich would be a poor decision on Funko's part. Especially since they teased us with mystery minis and prototypes of Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon. If they do release Chrysalis and NMM, I'd bet the sales from those two would maybe persuade them to continue giving us characters. There are still quite a few that I feel should have figures!

Plus seeing Chrysalis and NMM gave me hope that we might finally get merchandise for Tirek and King Sombra...
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
Well, actually some of the prototypes for Funko HAVE come out 5 months or so before the actual ponies hit-

But in this case, things are not looking good what with no new ponies at Toyfair and Hot Topic abandoning the line as it is no longer new and fresh.

Funko is somewhat like Hot Topic in that they are always moving on to what is current in Pop culture- so it may be that they will also move away from Pony as it becomes more mainstream and less new/novel.  I can't think of any of their other lines that they've stuck to as long as they've stuck to MLP...

but on the other hand if they made those stupid little heads... well I guess they still have the license from Hasbro, so that actually gives me hope that the ponies may still be coming...

I hope so!  It would be too too cruel if they stopped right before making my 2 most favorite characters.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
How disappointing -- Nightmare Moon is really the only one I care about owning. :/ Though I wouldn't be sad if they ended their contract with Hot Topic. There's no HT in my area and that makes it hard for me to get Funkos.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 08:52:24 PM »
I'm still thinking SDCC. They know those ponies would be in demand.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
Unless they are SDCC exclusives.

I could see this happening. Especially since people weren't too pleased with having recolors as exclusives in the past (kinda wish they would kept with doing glitter variants as exclusives instead).

Whats SDCC?

San Diego Comic Con.

Thanks. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 09:24:28 AM »
I'm still thinking SDCC. They know those ponies would be in demand.
They totally would be but I hope not price wise. :pout:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »
It's really going to be disappointing if these aren't released.  I would really have liked a Nightmare Moon to go with the others  :(
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 12:25:15 PM »
My Barnes and Nobles has some of the Funko figures so if these DO see store release, mine will probably have them.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
Not sure Starswirl seems B&N only have the first couple waves, they have yet to release their own exclusives not even a variant so I don't think it's super likely atm, however I wish they did..

For Sale Wants

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
I didn't realize that Hot Topic was phasing out ponies. Is this like official or just a noticed trend?

Based on how far they got with Nightmare Moon and Crystalis I am placing my bets that they will come out with them at some point. They look like they are complicated with their parts so I bet that is slowing production.

That being said, I didn't see any of the Funko ponies displayed at Toy Fair (with the exception of the Emoji ponies and the Hikari) and only previous models were in their catalog. It  made skeptical and gave me the general impression they weren't supporting the line anymore. 
~Foxtale~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
I will admit I am losing hope.

I wonder who got the full size prototypes? I wish it had been me now!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 11:47:09 AM »
I didn't realize that Hot Topic was phasing out ponies. Is this like official or just a noticed trend?

Based on how far they got with Nightmare Moon and Crystalis I am placing my bets that they will come out with them at some point. They look like they are complicated with their parts so I bet that is slowing production.

That being said, I didn't see any of the Funko ponies displayed at Toy Fair (with the exception of the Emoji ponies and the Hikari) and only previous models were in their catalog. It  made skeptical and gave me the general impression they weren't supporting the line anymore.

I dunno if there's an official quote but it's very obvious they're not interested in selling merch anymore. Throughout 2015 both in multiple stores and online I noticed they had less and less merchandise and it wasn't given the front and center treatment like it did back in 2013-2014. I rarely see any of the funkos at hot topic, I see them at other chains now (mainly hastings & B&N). Gotta move with the times, thats why they call it "Hot Topic"!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:10 AM »
This will suck if they don't end up making them. I was hoping for a nice large nightmare moon and chrysalis.

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 07:03:33 AM »
Has anyone heard any updates on Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon?

What about a series 4 on the mystery minis, anyone know if that will happen?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal