collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65755 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2016, 10:46:37 PM »

I also randomly got my first shiny Pokemon in this gen! It was a little Lillipup. The only thing different about it was its eyes - they were green!

OMG congrats!!!!! :inlove: So jeally, I would take any shiny about now with how many Pokemon ive run into haha! Green eye lillipup sounds cute! Im also grinding the heck out of this game, im still on the first Island again with only 3 Z-thingymajigs. :biggrin:

I still need to get with you on the Kyoto meowth figure! I got distracted yesterday my bad!  >_<

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2016, 11:10:03 PM »

Gen 7 definitely delivers on bug Pokemon. I literally love all of the new bug types this gen. :lol: Ribombee was on my first Elite 4 team, and she's kind of a glass cannon but still awesome. Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt is also great, and there's Wimpod and Dewpider, both of which have badass looking final evolutions. Two of the Ultra Beasts are even bug/fighting (Buzzwole in your game), which I think is an awesome typing. Of course, the UBs are post-game stuff but all the other bugs are available pretty early on.

Ooh, that's good to hear. Thanks Renia! I'm still in the dark about a lot of Pokemon, and was afraid it would be like Gen 6 where there was only one bug type line. I can't wait until I run into all of them! Are the UBs like legendary Pokemon? That makes me especially happy since, outside of Genesect, bug types were sorely lacking in that department.

I'm only on Route 1 so far, but Rowlett is so dang cute! I really need to trade for a Popplio as soon as possible too, I was this close to choosing it as my starter instead. I love the new grooming feature. :lol:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
Ooh, that's good to hear. Thanks Renia! I'm still in the dark about a lot of Pokemon, and was afraid it would be like Gen 6 where there was only one bug type line. I can't wait until I run into all of them! Are the UBs like legendary Pokemon? That makes me especially happy since, outside of Genesect, bug types were sorely lacking in that department.

I'm only on Route 1 so far, but Rowlett is so dang cute! I really need to trade for a Popplio as soon as possible too, I was this close to choosing it as my starter instead. I love the new grooming feature. :lol:

I would say yes, that UBs are sorta like legendary Pokemon. Although there are a few of them that you have to catch multiples of in order to progress in the post-game story. You'll see. :) But yeah, I'm super excited about all these bugs types. My husband said he's proud of me for finally embracing my love of bugs in Pokemon. He's always been a big bug-type fan, so this generation is just what he wanted. :P

I love Pokemon Refresh! I miss the little games you could play in Pokemon Amie, but I like that we can at least groom our Pokemon. I also like Poke Pelago, it's so cute to see the little sprites of my Pokemon playing around plus it's neat that wild Pokemon can just join them on the island and decide to hop in a Pokeball and stay with you (I got a Scyther that way!). Yesterday I sent my Pokemon on a mission to find some stones on one of the islands and they came back with two Sun Stones, an Everstone and a Fire Stone!

If you're still that early in the game, you won't have Poke Pelago yet, but I highly recommend using it once you have access to it!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »
So this isnt anything special and no one is going to care lol but my husband and I ran into stufful at the same time today! Our reaction was really funny and I wish we got it on camera.

I dont understand his luck, he is finding everything rare really fast and in multiples (he has so many wild caught Stufull and Bagon its ridiculous). I know ive been saying "I want to make a plush of this!" for like every cute Pokémon but Im dead serious when I say I want to make a plush of stufful. We are really obsessed so much we went up to JoAnnes today and picked out fabric and found ear/nose push ins for teddy bears! Stufful is just....the (second) most perfect Pokémon ever omg. I just love that butt-tag :inlove:

So people are claiming on this subreddit Pokémon sun/moon thread im on that they are getting Shiny Charm when they complete just the Alolan Pokedex? If thats true then omg im going to be super excited! Im about a third done completing it already and im only on Route 8! ^.^ Im excited to be spending time in the Jungle looking for the rare monkey and lei Pokémon that spawn at 5%!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2016, 09:41:47 PM »
I finally managed to get Ditto!

If anyone needs a Rowlet... I have now like, ten of them.  :silly:

Princess Lala

« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
LOL my husband found out something fun! Spin in place a ton in your game...you do ballet spins after a while! xD Even boy trainers  do it too!  :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:50:12 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:48 AM »
I got a shiny Rowlet through the GTS! This is my first shiny pokemon. She's so pretty.  :biggrin:

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Rowlet is honestly now my 2nd favorite Pokemon, right behind my beloved Raikou.
So of course now I'm scrambling to build a collection of rowlet merch :P

I'm also curious: is anyone here on the Arena a member on PKMNCollectors?? I love that site. (Sorry if that's already been asked, lol ^^; )

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »

I would say yes, that UBs are sorta like legendary Pokemon. Although there are a few of them that you have to catch multiples of in order to progress in the post-game story. You'll see. :) But yeah, I'm super excited about all these bugs types. My husband said he's proud of me for finally embracing my love of bugs in Pokemon. He's always been a big bug-type fan, so this generation is just what he wanted. :P

I love Pokemon Refresh! I miss the little games you could play in Pokemon Amie, but I like that we can at least groom our Pokemon. I also like Poke Pelago, it's so cute to see the little sprites of my Pokemon playing around plus it's neat that wild Pokemon can just join them on the island and decide to hop in a Pokeball and stay with you (I got a Scyther that way!). Yesterday I sent my Pokemon on a mission to find some stones on one of the islands and they came back with two Sun Stones, an Everstone and a Fire Stone!

If you're still that early in the game, you won't have Poke Pelago yet, but I highly recommend using it once you have access to it!

I'm intrigued, but want to pace the adventure and not rush to the end. Definitely want to see these UBs though. Welcome to the creepy crawly side!!! I don't know what is is about bug Pokemon, but they're so much fun.

Oh yeah, I miss the mini games too, it seemed easier to feed your Pokemon that way too. Though, I guess it's a fair trade off, and there seems to be other cute ways to interact with your Pokemon to make up for it. I still keep wishing they brought back the option to have Pokemon follow you, since there are so many running around.

I can't wait until I reach Poke Pelago then. I'm currently at the trainer school and Ruffles is still my only Pokemon so it will be a long journey.  :P

Also, more compliments to the game, I really like Hau and Lillie. I've barely made it through any story but they have so much personality compared to the Gen 6 rivals. I really love Cosmog too, it looks like it came from a Kirby game.  :lovey:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
I'm intrigued, but want to pace the adventure and not rush to the end. Definitely want to see these UBs though. Welcome to the creepy crawly side!!! I don't know what is is about bug Pokemon, but they're so much fun.

Oh yeah, I miss the mini games too, it seemed easier to feed your Pokemon that way too. Though, I guess it's a fair trade off, and there seems to be other cute ways to interact with your Pokemon to make up for it. I still keep wishing they brought back the option to have Pokemon follow you, since there are so many running around.

I can't wait until I reach Poke Pelago then. I'm currently at the trainer school and Ruffles is still my only Pokemon so it will be a long journey.  :P

Also, more compliments to the game, I really like Hau and Lillie. I've barely made it through any story but they have so much personality compared to the Gen 6 rivals. I really love Cosmog too, it looks like it came from a Kirby game.  :lovey:

Understandable! My husband and I got the games the day they came out, and I was able to finish the game in almost a week, but I didn't rush through. My husband hasn't finished yet, but he has less time to play than I do. I'm enjoying the post-game though, I'm currently training up a second team to take with me to the Elite 4.

I'm also still wishing for the Pokemon following you feature to come back. I actually brought up last night how there are so many Pokemon just wandering around in the games now, that it'd make perfect sense to bring it back.

I actually got kinda tired of Hau, but I love Lillie. Seems like most people like Hau though, but my husband and my friend both feel the same way I do. :lol:

YOU'RE RIGHT! Cosmog looks like something straight out of a Kirby game! It's so adorable!

I just got Serperior today from the QR code Island Scan feature! Gonna breed for some Snivy and sent them out into the world via Wonder Trade when I get home.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 01, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
Wow, unless there's more to the postgame than the Looker sidequest and Battle Tree, they reaaaaally don't explain a lot of parts of the story.  Disappointed about that...  Gameplay is still as sharp as ever though!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »
Now that I've developed Poke Pelago more and discovered ally chaining+Power items, I'm not feeling the loss of Super Training as much. I also found something on reddit that helps too: You can see your Pokemon's EV spread in the Pokemon's summary page if you press Y. The Pokemon's base stats are in the very middle of the graph in yellow. The EVs are in the middle of the graph - if it's EVs can still go up, this part will be orange. If its EVs are maxxed out, it'll be blue. And if you maxxed out the EVs to a particular stat, there will be sparkles next to it! I don't know if that's common knowledge, but I figured I would share it here in case I wasn't the only one who didn't notice.

And now I do like that I can just set my Pokemon to play, and they can EV train while I'm sleeping and working. It just took a bit to get to that point so I would have to backtrack on anyone I had in my party beforehand, if I felt like bothering. I do still miss Super Training, but the alternatives aren't bad! The DexNav though, I still miss. But! I love how much easier breeding is, and I love Hau (he's adorable), and I like that the Pokemon sound more integrated within their ecosystems - the new Pokedex entries are great.

I found the Ditto area yesterday so I caught the four good nature dittos, bred one with my Incineroar to get a bunch of adamant Littens, and traded one for a Popplio. After more breeding, getting Power items and ally chaining, I now have a Modest female Primarina with full EVs :) I like her so much better than stupid Incineroar. It'll be a little redundant in my party now because with Ninetales, I'll have two part-Fairy Pokemon...but they're both pretty, and I like them, so strategy can jump out a window (in this specific instance).

I got a Livejournal account just so I could join the PKMN Collector community. It's a great place, I've bought so many things from there! My pony collecting has definitely fallen by wayside because of it. I know I recognize a few Arena members there as well :D

Princess Lala

« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
I found Lillies bag online! Pokémon Center released an official one! NEEEEED it so I can shove a nebby plush in it! Its kind of pricey, but only just a pittle bit more than what I pay for each of my purses LOL.
https://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Center-Original-Lillie-Drum/dp/B01N523HZ6

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »
 :inlove: I JUST HIGH-FIVED MY COSMOG IN POKEMON REFRESH!!!! It was SO CUTE!!!!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 03, 2016, 11:06:38 AM »
I just started in on the UB after storyline. And I've reached 60% of the Alolan pokedex! I'm curious if we get a shiny charm if we complete it, I hope so.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal