collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65754 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:40 PM »
I just got myself to the third island, I've been grinding because I don't want to finish the storyline too fast! Thus far wonder trade has been lame so I'm waiting til they open up pokebank for sun/moon to use that again. GTS is still wonderful as always :D  I'm loving it so far, even if they are ripping off Yokai watch in places. I know it's more of a competition over there than it is in the states.

LMAO I ve been thinking the same! I play both Yokai and Pokémon, this new game definetly has a yokai watch feel to it! Even the Rotom Pokedex (inspirited lol) reminds me of whisper+the tablet he uses how it will randomly talk to you. xD

EDIT: Hmmmm so has anyone else gotten a Sylveon in this game? I caught a HA female eevee soon after I posted the picture of the Espeon right...and very like VERY soon after I added it to my party it evolved when I battled a trainer? Her affection was nowhere near maxed in fact she has only one "heart" on her friendship meter. I was thinking about it all day and last night at work wondering if theres a bug or if its just easier to get Sylveon now. Husband says I had an eevee that just really loved me LOL but I think something is messed up because I replicated the same steps to another eevee and its still an eevee. :blink:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:04:24 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2016, 07:50:50 AM »
I love all of the characters in this game! Especially Lillie. Lillie is a sweetheart that must be protected at all costs. <3

Also...has anyone ever actually encountered a Stufful on Route 8?  :what:  I've never encountered one there.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »
I love all of the characters in this game! Especially Lillie. Lillie is a sweetheart that must be protected at all costs. <3

Also...has anyone ever actually encountered a Stufful on Route 8?  :what:  I've never encountered one there.

Lillie is precious. I love her.

Hmmm, I can't remember where I encountered a Stufful. I know it was early on, so it may have been route 8.

Catching the Ultra Beasts has been very interesting. It definitely gives you quite a bit to do post-game, and some of the UBs have multiples that need to be caught which will make it easier to trade for the version exclusive UBs.

Oh, anyone here in need of some Moon exclusive Pokémon? I'm catching some for my husband while he gets the Sun exclusives for me, so I'm more than happy to help anyone else. :)
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »
I'm still on the first island. (Nanowrimo has been sucking up all my extra time-and I'm most likely not going to hit the 50k word count.) I want to try and catch all the Pokemon I can to fill up my dex before I move on to the next island.  I even caught an extra Bonsly just so I could trade for a Litten and a Popplio.  I didn't realize until after that my Litten is female.  :)  I'll likely breed for a female Popplio, male Litten, and female Rowlet when I get to that point.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »
Finally picked up Sun today and I'm ready to join you all in Alola! I'm glad I waited because I got to get the bonus Solgaleo figure with my game. Though, I'm most likely selling it or space reasons...

I'm going to start playing tonight, but after realizing the birds change form and effectively all have the same moveset, I need to change my dream team around. Now I'm thinking of Rowlet, one or two dancing birds, Mimikyu, Popplio, Oshawott (breaking my new Pokemon only rule, but I need one in in such a tropical region  :lol:) and I haven't decided on the rest yet. Probably some neat 7th gen bug Pokemon.

Princess Lala

« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2016, 01:37:07 AM »
So how about I found out my husband has the same night off as me and we are both playing Pokémon! xD We both went up to the grocery store (which is an Asian mart at that) and got all kinds of Japanese snack and are both playing! Totally nerding out right now!  So he is looking for Bagon on Route 1 to SOS chain because they have than small chance of summoning a wild salamence, I made him jealous because I encountered a wild Umbreon! So far I have 3 HA female eevees, no shinies yet.

Post Merge: November 29, 2016, 01:41:15 AM

Lily is my new FAVORITE omg lemme tell ya! I decided to cosplay as her next year for Akon since she looks like me but with blonde braids and a sunhat! Cosmog is super duper precious omg I cant wait for his plush to be released! 

Stufful is definetly there on Route 8- my husband has quite a few of them actually! "Neopolitan Bear" he calls it haha! I just asked him and he says to use the item honey.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:43:22 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Olympus

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2016, 04:03:08 AM »
So how about I found out my husband has the same night off as me and we are both playing Pokémon! xD We both went up to the grocery store (which is an Asian mart at that) and got all kinds of Japanese snack and are both playing! Totally nerding out right now!  So he is looking for Bagon on Route 1 to SOS chain because they have than small chance of summoning a wild salamence, I made him jealous because I encountered a wild Umbreon! So far I have 3 HA female eevees, no shinies yet.

Post Merge: November 29, 2016, 01:41:15 AM

Lily is my new FAVORITE omg lemme tell ya! I decided to cosplay as her next year for Akon since she looks like me but with blonde braids and a sunhat! Cosmog is super duper precious omg I cant wait for his plush to be released! 

Stufful is definetly there on Route 8- my husband has quite a few of them actually! "Neopolitan Bear" he calls it haha! I just asked him and he says to use the item honey.

Cosmog is going to have a plush??? My sis and I are most certainly down for that! Are you gonna put him in your bag?

I eventually did manage catch a Stufful, but not on Route 8. It was in the little area just past the cemetery and just before the ruins.

I haven't encountered a shiny yet either. I'm totally jealous of all the people posting their playthroughs on YouTube and are getting shinies while they're just casually strolling along and not even TRYING.

Princess Lala

« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2016, 05:43:56 AM »
YES hahah going to put him in my bag like a prisoner!!!! x'D Im also getting all these alolan vulpix plush coming out- so far there are 4! (PC standard, LE location release with snowball, fluffy tomy, and that "prancing" Chinese version) Oh my jeeze poor wallet lol but its my husband's birthday next month and he wants cute vulpix so bad so inevitable.

Post Merge: November 29, 2016, 06:19:17 AM

So far I have chained APPROX 76 eevees this morning, working on #77 and still going. So nervous omg! 0_o its been hours!!!! My Pokèmon are getting close to not obeying me LOL route 4 and my pokes are pushing early lv 30's!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:19:17 AM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:12 AM »
Finally picked up Sun today and I'm ready to join you all in Alola! I'm glad I waited because I got to get the bonus Solgaleo figure with my game. Though, I'm most likely selling it or space reasons...

I'm going to start playing tonight, but after realizing the birds change form and effectively all have the same moveset, I need to change my dream team around. Now I'm thinking of Rowlet, one or two dancing birds, Mimikyu, Popplio, Oshawott (breaking my new Pokemon only rule, but I need one in in such a tropical region  :lol:) and I haven't decided on the rest yet. Probably some neat 7th gen bug Pokemon.

Gen 7 definitely delivers on bug Pokemon. I literally love all of the new bug types this gen. :lol: Ribombee was on my first Elite 4 team, and she's kind of a glass cannon but still awesome. Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt is also great, and there's Wimpod and Dewpider, both of which have badass looking final evolutions. Two of the Ultra Beasts are even bug/fighting (Buzzwole in your game), which I think is an awesome typing. Of course, the UBs are post-game stuff but all the other bugs are available pretty early on.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Olympus

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
Where are people finding all of these starters from previous gens? I would love for my precious babies Wartortle and Typhlosion to join me in my adventures!

Spoiler
Is it like in ORAS where you get one when you beat the game and the prof gives you one?

YES hahah going to put him in my bag like a prisoner!!!!

It would be awesome if you could somehow have the bag move or make noise! ...Though now that I think about it you would probably get a lot of strange (and concerned) looks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:54:37 AM by Olympus »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2016, 09:00:33 AM »
Where are people finding all of these starters from previous gens? I would love for my precious babies Wartortle and Typhlosion to join me in my adventures!

Spoiler
Is it like in ORAS where you get one when you beat the game and the prof gives you one?

I'd say the GTS or Wonder Trade is how people are doing that, or the Island Scan feature where you scan so many QR codes with your 3DS and you can use the feature to scan for rare Pokemon, which includes starters from previous generations. I found this helpful link.

I can confirm that you do not get any starters once you finish the main story/beat the Elite 4.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »
Im getting a few other Gen starters thru QR codes, you can find a wild Pokémon per 20 codes and its limited a certain amout per day. I just got chikorita from it!

And yes omg there are like, a TON of bug Pokémon in this game LOL! My first bug Pokémon was a butterfree in that meadow on the first island-i was shocked!  :shocked:

EDIT: I just got my first critical capture!!!!  :thumb: I went back to Route 1 to grab happiny, captured a bonsly with a CC instead! Taking a break from chaining atm....217 eevees today with no luck. :whew:

So I just went back the the first Island to surf around.....anyone else find the Corsola situation incredibly sad!?  :cry: Mareanie EAT them!? No wonder they have a 1% encounter rate! (well 20% in the special rocks but still.....) I wonder if the Professor saved the two in his lab and is having a breeding project to repopulate the Corsola? Stupid Mareanie are such.....meanies!  >_< I am treasuring the one I caught!

So ive seen 92, caught 62. Just completed third trail and trying to fill my dex!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:10:57 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »
I've been playing Sun since the day it came out, but I've been grinding at leveling up my team so I'm only still in the second island. I was pretty set on having less than half me team be prior-gen Pokemon, but...well, I fell in love with Alolan Marowak after seeing their little dancing at the fire trials :D And the Cubone I caught just happened to be an Adamant, which I named Oedipus. Since he's now a party pokemon, I kinda regret such a dark name, but Oedipus is already my favorite Pokemon in this game :D He quickly kicked my stupid Incineroar out of my party the second the dumb firecat evolved, lol. Fire/Ghost is a lot more interesting than Fire/Dark anyway.

I also randomly got my first shiny Pokemon in this gen! It was a little Lillipup. The only thing different about it was its eyes - they were green!

This game's really fun and interactive, but I'm constantly smarting from the lack of Super Training and the DexNav Pokemon finder things. I know there are alternatives for Super Training now, but they just feel so...inefficient. And I really miss being able to hone in on specific Pokemon to track down. It took me three days to catch four Abras with the right natures, all with Synchronize...That would have been much easier in the prior gen. I just wish they didn't axe these two things!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
Jocelyn, the lack of supertraining is bugging me too. Their "alternative" isn't really an alternative. It's easy to train the old fashioned way. Super training is a big deal to me. For strangly personal reasons, I have not started this game yet. But I am wondering if I really want it if super training is taken out. I think that was a DUMB move on their part. Just my opinion. I used that method a LOT.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »
You guys don't like Isle Evelup?? I think it's great! It's super convenient, efficient, and watching your pokemon hop all over the jungle gyms is totally cute.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal