collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65754 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »
Demo was sadly short..... I hoped for more.
Agreed, but it does tell you with certain people to come back after a few days and something special will happen?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2016, 06:36:49 AM »
For anyone thinking Alolan Grimer/Muk is a lazy, hot mess, meet Alolan Dugtrio...  :blink:

I haven't see all the Alolan forms yet, but they seem to be getting worse and worse. Losing hope for my ghosty Paras/ect (already given up hope on other generations being included, so I won't bring that up).

Are...are those wigs on Alola Dugtrio?

:lmao:

I'm with you, though. These forms aren't getting any better. Only the first few Alola form reveals were pretty cool and now it's just...what even?

Maybe I should be glad that other generations I actually like aren't getting the Alola form treatment if most of then are just lazy designs.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2016, 07:19:42 AM »
Demo was sadly short..... I hoped for more.

If you talk to different people they hint at future events.  One policeman said there was something happening in 18 days, one guy's pikachu has a birthday in 12 days and he wants to throw a party, a girl at the ferry station is leaving in 24 days and asks you to be there.  I'm going to get on today because yesterday the guy outside the pokemon center said "Come see me tomorrow.  Not the day after tomorrow.  Tomorrow."  We'll see if there's anything else that's fun.  And going back through and fighting some of the other trainers and doing the pokemon catching contest get you items that can be transferred to the new game.

Post Merge: October 19, 2016, 10:04:21 AM

On the demo I went to the guy by the Pokemon center and he gave me 12 pretty wings to transfer into the full version and said that there was someone I ought to talk to in a few days.  Oh, and it was night time this time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:05:21 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »
Bah, I don't have time for the demo. I got kind of ticked off to see that apparently you can only select the male trainer. I just love how my gender is considered something so trivial that it isn't even an option in the demo. Thank you, Gamefreak.

But I know I'm just 'crazy' and complaining over something trivial... *sigh*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:05:12 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »
Bah, I don't have time for the demo. I got kind of ticked off to see that apparently you can only select the male trainer. I just love how my gender is considered something so trivial that it isn't even an option in the demo. Thank you, Gamefreak.

That doesn't bother me.  In fact, I'm not sure I like the design of the female trainer.  It's mostly her hat, to be honest.  I think it looks stupid.  I just hope the trainers can be customized like in X/Y.  That would help, I think. 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »

That doesn't bother me.  In fact, I'm not sure I like the design of the female trainer.  It's mostly her hat, to be honest.  I think it looks stupid.  I just hope the trainers can be customized like in X/Y.  That would help, I think.

They can be customized, just like in X/Y. But there are more options this time.

I don't really care for the default style of either character, they both look like they're in 5th or 6th grade. I just don't like this concept that the option to choose the female trainer is something that should be left out of the demo, and only for the main game. Gamefreak has long had an issue of treating the male protagonists as the default, and it grates me.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:39:02 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2016, 02:22:34 AM »
I went on some website that showed all the new alolan forms and new Pokémon sprites....I like didnt even understand quite what I was looking at either. These just dont look like Pokémon! What the heck is with that spiky thing with the giant mouth? Some of these things look border mecha or Digimon. Im trying to imagine these weird overly dramtic spiky legendary beast things as cute Pokedolls or plush and I just cant. They made it work for the Gen 4 mascots (like dialga, giratina, palkia) but with these guys I will be impressed if they pull it off. Trying not to complain too much but this generation is just....different. Still going to play the games and give it a chance.

First off though, IM HAPPY I HAVE MY SIREN SEAL! :green:

WHY alolan dugtrio and why geodude!!??!?? Freaking hideous OMG lol. Dugtrio is the absolute worst thing ive ever seen. WHY. The more they reveal the alolan forms the stupider they get. Make it stop!

The Ash piakchu though is adorable! Love with hats! Maybe it has to do with "Pikachus Birthday?"

All these new pokemon look so complex looking and spiky. The only spiky one I like is the sea urchin critter, and its shiny is pretty cute too!

They made a Tucan Sam Pokémon and anchor/wheel thing but no dolphin WHY NO DOLPHIN @ranbowrifficrenia *hugs heartbroken in sadness*  I shall make us our own dolphin Pokémon. *blows raspberry at gamefreak*  :razz:

I love the shiny Alolan ninetails and shiny Alolan Raichu!

I played the demo and I already hate Team Skull. Team Aqua wannabes trying to be like 90's hip hop artists with the bling and arm swingy thing. -_- I expected them...something more similar to scary pirates than Eminem?  :P  I cant take them serious at all.

Oh yes, so the demo has little "easter eggs" it seems and more things to do after you beat it? I played it again to show my husband and it did something I didnt expect. I got like a "Ride Pager" to where I can call a tauros and break down boulders in Mahalo Trail.

Outside the Pokémon Center a guy told me to come see him tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow but like tomorrow as in Friday.

A girl with a Corsola told me she was meeting a strong man in 5 days and invited me.

In City Haul this big man wanted to celebrate piakchus birthday in 12 days from now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:54:23 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »
For anyone thinking Alolan Grimer/Muk is a lazy, hot mess, meet Alolan Dugtrio...  :blink:

I haven't see all the Alolan forms yet, but they seem to be getting worse and worse. Losing hope for my ghosty Paras/ect (already given up hope on other generations being included, so I won't bring that up).

Are...are those wigs on Alola Dugtrio?

:lmao:

I'm with you, though. These forms aren't getting any better. Only the first few Alola form reveals were pretty cool and now it's just...what even?

Maybe I should be glad that other generations I actually like aren't getting the Alola form treatment if most of then are just lazy designs.

Diglett/Dugtrio could have had a lot of potential too. There was that Snorlax move that opened it's eyes, so how about a form that brought it above ground (flying or water type maybe?), not just...chicken nuggets with hair. And now...Meowth was one of the ones that was 'okay', not too exciting, but at least not ridiculous, but what the heck happened to Persian's head?

Touche, better to have no Pokemon, than really bad re-colours or copy/pastes. Oh well, at least there are plenty of interesting new Pokemon and we aren't just forced to play Kanto 2.0.

The demo seems more entertaining than the ORAS one so far. Riding Pokemon everywhere is automatically my favourite feature! Anyone feel battles seem slower than usual though? Especially when using Water Shuriken or Fury Attack, it takes so long to attack, take damage, attack again, take damage again, etc. Also the Pokeball capture feels longer too (and the Pokemon can break out after the third shake now).

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »
I'm just here to say that I'm personally offended at the lack of a dolphin Pokémon in a generation that it would've made SO MUCH SENSE to be included in.

But no, let's get another butt-ugly fish Pokemon and give it the Water/Psychic typing...you know, a typing that would make sense for a DOLPHIN. :enraged:

I feel like I'm going to be mad about this forever. Is that stupid? I feel so dumb for being sad over something like that, but I had my hopes up.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »
Where is my dolphin?!  WE HAVE WHALE AND SHARK POKEMON GAMEFREAK

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »
I always thought Gorebyss was a dolphin?

Anyway, the final starter evos finalized it, I'm picking water again. I just hate that design and typing, I was so happy that I might finally have a good fire starter to pick again but it's not happening. I also love the grass one, but not enough for it to be my starter.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure Gorebyss is an eel. Especially since Huntail is obviously an eel, or at least very eel like. Which means we have multiple eels...and no dolphin. *forever super salty over this*

Almost everyone I know is picking Popplio as their starter, and the ones that aren't, are picking Rowlet. It's a shame that they couldn't be more creative with Litten, but I honestly got the feeling from the start that it wouldn't be anything special. At first I thought it'd be cool if it ended up Fire/Poison, but when Salandit was revealed, I pretty much threw that thought out the window.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2016, 08:39:02 PM »
Yeah also super upset about no dolphin, drawing my own LOL well there still may be a few Pokémon to be revealed, there is something going on about Sun and Moon versions for the starters, and if thats the case maybe they are saving the best secret pokemons for last idk.  :shrug:

Edit: I would say gorabyss is definetly an eel, it looks like the snipe eel to me especially with its big snout. It's also a deep ocean fish, and it makes sense since you need a "deep sea scale" to evolve clamperl in it!  ;)
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmlu64U0rO1qeeqk5o1_r1_1280.jpg

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:43:14 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2016, 09:29:12 AM »
I thought gorebyss was a long-nosed chimaera. 

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
I've now seen the starters final evolutions and I'm going with Popplio. Jay is choosing Rowlett and Shawn (my brother) is choosing Litten. So that worked out well. They both took one look at Popplio's final form and went "Nope.". :lol: I'm not upset that I'm not going with the grass starter. There are tons of grass pokemon I love, so filling that spot will be easy.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal